Is it possible...

Steff

To tear a calf muscle without it being so painful I wouldn't be able to walk...? It hurts. And I am limping to compensate the pain. But it's not so bad I need to tear up over it. It's a constant pain. Almost "hot" feeling under the skin.

Thanks for the link sleepy but I can't get to it thanks to the work firewall.

Brian.. I get those in my shins when I run but they go away quickly. This has been lingering. I tripped while in Boston and it's been hurting ever since.

if it was horribly torn you probably would not be able to put any weight on it, and if it's bad enough you might be able to notice a difference in the shape of the muscle.

Give it a lot of rest, that always helps, even get crutches or something, it's amazing how resting a strained muscle for 24 hours can help

After a calf injury the power in the calf muscle is greatly reduced and the patient will often limp when walking and loose the spring in their step. At first the patient needs to take small steps and not put any strain on the torn muscle fibres

It's possible that you could have tennis leg which is caused after the calf muscle has been torn, you can still walk but usually with a limp.

The Calf muscle is generally torn when you use a sudden burst of agility such as sprinting.

QUOTE(SoxFan562004 @ Aug 16, 2005 -> 02:45 PM)
if it was horribly torn you probably would not be able to put any weight on it, and if it's bad enough you might be able to notice a difference in the shape of the muscle.

Give it a lot of rest, that always helps, even get crutches or something, it's amazing how resting a strained muscle for 24 hours can help

I have a "lump" that doean't feel right and seems to be the source of the pain.

I'll deal with it a few days and see how it goes.

Thanks 562004

QUOTE(Steff @ Aug 16, 2005 -> 07:51 PM)
I have a "lump" that doean't feel right and seems to be the source of the pain.

I'll deal with it a few days and see how it goes.

Thanks 562004

It sounds to me like you have a small strain and generally, your bodies' muscles usually bunch up to protect things like that, which might explain the bunching up of the muscles.

If that's the case, you'll feel better in about two days after the muscles let go.

But I ain't no doc, this is just from personal experience. :lol:

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Aug 16, 2005 -> 03:02 PM)
It sounds to me like you have a small strain and generally, your bodies' muscles usually bunch up to protect things like that, which might explain the bunching up of the muscles.

If that's the case, you'll feel better in about two days after the muscles let go.

But I ain't no doc, this is just from personal experience.  :lol:

If that is the case be sure to R.I.C.E. it.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Aug 16, 2005 -> 03:02 PM)

But I ain't no doc, this is just from personal experience.  :lol:

This happened Friday night.. and right next to the lump it feels like there is a small hole :huh

I'm gonna wait and see. The pain goes away when I have a few beers so I'm good tonight, tomorrow, Friday and Saturday. :lol:

QUOTE(Steff @ Aug 16, 2005 -> 03:10 PM)
This happened Friday night.. and right next to the lump it feels like there is a small hole  :huh

I'm gonna wait and see. The pain goes away when I have a few beers so I'm good tonight, tomorrow, Friday and Saturday.  :lol:

If there's a small hole in you calf muscle then there is a good chance that you could have snapped a muscle fiber. When I tore my bisep 2 years ago it just felt like an empty space where the muscle should have been.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Aug 16, 2005 -> 03:12 PM)
If there's a small hole in you calf muscle then there is a good chance that you could have snapped a muscle fiber. When I tore my bisep 2 years ago it just felt like an empty space where the muscle should have been.

Does that heal on it's own? How long..?

QUOTE(Steff @ Aug 16, 2005 -> 03:14 PM)
Does that heal on it's own? How long..?

My bisep took 5 months to heal and a part of that was rehab so I could start throwing agian.

With a torn calf muscle you'd probably want to see a doctor. He'll most likely advise you to give it rest and try to stay off it. You'd want to do gental exercises to relax the muscle. Right now I'd hit it with heat and see if it gets any better. If it doesn't I'd go see my doctor, your doctor could prescibe an anti-inflamitory to help with any swelling. Generally it doesn't take too long to recover from a fiber tear.

QUOTE(Steff @ Aug 16, 2005 -> 02:43 PM)
Thanks for the link sleepy but I can't get to it thanks to the work firewall.

Brian.. I get those in my shins when I run but they go away quickly. This has been lingering. I tripped while in Boston and it's been hurting ever since.

If this happened at Fenway .... SUE THE BASTARDS!

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Aug 17, 2005 -> 01:54 AM)
Just follow the instructions from the thing at US Cellular between innings...

Always remember, Ice is nice.

Also, motion is lotion.

LMAO

The ice cold beer and the motion of my hand lifting it to my mouth worked nicely... ;)