Nicknames.

Rex Kickass

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

no real nicknames now. had a bunch in high school though. off top of my head--g, master g, gill (last name so don't know if it counts as nickname), glynyrd skynyrd,...had a nickname since i was a wee lad that has thankfully died down--pookie (only my sister now is allowed to call me that :lol: ). they also added/add a y at the end of my first name, that used to really annoy me but not as much now...

SlavDangle (no relation to Officer Dangle from Reno 911), Slaveko, Slav, The Serb, and like 100 other variations of my name. My proudest nickname by far is "Tsunami" which I inherited during baseball conditioning...guess why!

Edited by SoxFan1

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Aug 16, 2005 -> 10:58 PM)
SlavDangle (no relation to Officer Dangle from Reno 911), Slaveko, Slav, The Serb, and like 100 other variations of my name. My proudest nickname by far is "Tsunami" which I inherited during baseball conditioning...guess why!

Soup Boy :P

Growing up I was "Hopper". When I got to 23 or 24 I finally looked at my uncle and told him to knock it off. I think it was Joe R. Lansdale or Andrew Vachss that said "never trust a grown man who goes by a nickname".

My sister used to call me "Fredrick", as she said I was her butler. I was also called "Acid Breath" by said sister.

In little league I was known as "Ralph". I never understood that one...but I liked it back then.

Some people refer to me as "Roxx" nowdays.

My wife lovingly refers to me as a "dork" quite often, but no true nicknames...unless "asshole", "jerk" and "prick" count.

My nicknames: Bungerlina (don't ask) and Monkey-Butt

Brian's (his are many and varied): Brain, Pasty, Mookie, Kaiser, Skelator (from his HS days) and when he pisses me off Prick. Funny part is there are a bunch of his friends who didn't know his real name until recently.

In high-school, friends called me 'Russian' because of my Eastern European last name. Although I insisted the name originated from Czechoslovokia, it was too late. Also created in high school was the "K-Man" due to my first name (Ken), and one fateful Government class I glided through a classroom door like Cosmo Kramer frequently did.

My friend, without a doubt, has the BEST nickname ever invented. We call him "Mogie." Even since 4th grade he's been called that. The kid who gave my friend that nickname had no idea where it came from, but it's stuck ever since.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE(Queen Prawn @ Aug 17, 2005 -> 07:59 AM)
Funny part is there are a bunch of his friends who didn't know his real name until recently.

That's funny. I used to "roady" for my buddy's band. His bass player set up a gig and they neede a list of all the people that would have back stage access. The bass player said "Red." (That's just what they all called me. (I have red hair.)) The guy said, "I need his real name." The bassist thought for a while and said, "You know what, I don't know it." So, when the show happened and the stage manager was handing out back stage passes he was reading off the list and said, "Red." It was funny.

Thank you for reading my boring assed story. :P

My friends call me Lars. No, I was not named after the balding elfen drummer of PatheticA - I was named after the lumbering, oafish, mediocre Vancouver Canucks defenseman Lars Lindgren ( and later for equally mediocre Canuck Lars Molin, which briefly led to "Lars" giving way to "Molin" - VERY happy that Molin didn't stick ).

Edited by The Critic