Nicknames.

Rex Kickass

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Aug 17, 2005 -> 09:37 AM)
Pretty much everyone calls me Gage.  And than a couple of my buddies will ocassionally call me Ten-Gage.

Well, you've got us all beat cuz now your name is a verb!

It could take days to fix a computer or server once you've "Gage'd" it.....

:P :D

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Aug 17, 2005 -> 08:26 AM)
"Jesus". When I was younger, I had really long hair and a full, messy goatee, plus I was thin.

Haha, I had the same nickname for the same reasons. Except I had a full beard. They also called me Johnny Damon or Jim Caviezel (played Jesus in 'Passion..').

QUOTE(Queen Prawn @ Aug 17, 2005 -> 09:59 AM)
My nicknames: Bungerlina (don't ask) and Monkey-Butt

Brian's (his are many and varied): Brain, Pasty, Mookie, Kaiser, Skelator (from his HS days) and when he pisses me off Prick.  Funny part is there are a bunch of his friends who didn't know his real name until recently.

Monkey-Butt? Bungerlina? :o

My first name rhymes with felony--so I got called that, lola, bells, ellie, and my sister calls me smellie-ellie. And I'm a huge klutz, so my dad calls me Calamity Jane. And my college roomate called me Eeni.

Edited by ChiSoxyGirl

I got one of those Africa 6-1-9 scam letters sent to me last month. The first line said "Dear McMahon"(my last name). I found it humorous that the guy used just my last name, and showed my co-workers. The next thing I know, my 6-1-9 scam letter is photocopied, everyone in the office has a copy, and my "nickname" is now and forever just "McMahon" in my office.

the second funniest part of the letter was the made up distant family member. My Great Uncle, the late Pitt McMahon.

how many people do you know(or have you even heard of) with the first name Pitt?

QUOTE(DePloderer @ Aug 17, 2005 -> 05:39 PM)
Thought as much. Unfortunatly not over here; more to do with the 5 finger shuffle around here. Either way, it's not realy called for.

Right, there's about 4 different meanings depending on where you live. For the most part it usually translates into a person who is a Jerk, an unsavory character. But no matter where you live it is a derogatory term... This comming from an American in myself so it's not exact information but I do happen to know a few brits who went to my school, very cool guys. Loved their rugby. They called me septic for a while, I had no idea that was what they called Americans.

One year my traveling baseball team of 14 had 5 guys named Jim. Jim Adkins got to keep Jim. One Jim became LBJ as in led bottom Jim, another became Valentine (his last name), another became Dirk (again, almost his last name) and after one particularly huge home run cut in bp I became Grandma :angry: :crying :lolhitting It stuck in a few circles for years.

I get all the usual derivatives of Jim, Jimbo, Jimmy, JimBob, etc.

Some still call me Hammer from my hard core sales days, and a few more call me Tex.