Griffey Rumor

Mr. Showtime

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Aug 17, 2005 -> 06:05 AM)
harrelson1.jpg

"Where would we play 'em? Where would we play 'em" "Everett has been extremely clutch we can't move his .269/.322/.469 out of the three hole, come on."

And he is even better against righthanders

VS Right Handers:

Carl Everett

OBP .307

SLG .460

AVG .245

Ken Griffey Jr.

OBP .365

SLG .580

AVG .301

Not to mention his 20 Home Runs against righties

Your right Hawk! How can you possibly sit Crazy Carl down if you bring in Ken Griffey Jr.

Maybe the Reds COO was hinting to Williams to throw in BMac (a potential #1). Keep hope alive I say :D

It's getting interesting at least. Anderson looked good out there. If he continues to play well the next week or so maybe we can swing KGJ for a hot Anderson, BMac, & PTBNL.

Would you do that & do you think the Reds would bite?

QUOTE(JUGGERNAUT @ Aug 17, 2005 -> 02:33 PM)
Maybe the Reds COO was hinting to Williams to throw in BMac (a potential #1).  Keep hope alive I say :D

It's getting interesting at least.  Anderson looked good out there.  If he continues to play well the next week or so maybe we can swing KGJ for a hot Anderson, BMac, & PTBNL. 

That would be an awful trade by the Sox. We'd be getting old and expensive real quick.

QUOTE(JUGGERNAUT @ Aug 17, 2005 -> 08:33 AM)
Maybe the Reds COO was hinting to Williams to throw in BMac (a potential #1).  Keep hope alive I say :D

It's getting interesting at least.  Anderson looked good out there.  If he continues to play well the next week or so maybe we can swing KGJ for a hot Anderson, BMac, & PTBNL. 

Can't trade players on the 40 man without them clearing waivers....next topic??

Can't trade players on the 40 man without them clearing waivers....next topic??

How often has a lower record team claimed players going to the non-contender to block a contender? I can't recall any such year. I don't think we can rule it out just yet.

Keep in mind any player the White Sox request ML waivers on to facilitate the trade

the Reds get to claim before any contender. Teams with worst records than the Reds would be the only ones to block it. Why would they do that?

Edited by JUGGERNAUT

QUOTE(JUGGERNAUT @ Aug 17, 2005 -> 09:37 AM)
Keep in mind any player the White Sox request ML waivers on to facilitate the trade

the Reds get to claim before any contender.  Teams with worst records than the Reds would be the only ones to block it.  Why would they do that?

To get a top pitching prospect. Am I missing something? Why wouldn't these teams grab him up.

QUOTE(JUGGERNAUT @ Aug 17, 2005 -> 08:37 AM)
How often has a team claimed players going to the non-contender to block a contender?

I can't recall any such year.  I don't think we can rule it out just yet.

Ok...lets put things in perspective.

Your the Pittsburgh Pirates. (aka the Chicago Cubs farm system) and sitting in last place in the NL Central behind Cincinnati. The Reds, much like you, also suck yet sit on top of you in the standings. If you see BMac on the waiver wire would you not claim him to stop the Reds from having a chance to recieve a quality arm in a trade? It seems pretty simple to me. :huh

QUOTE(tonyho7476 @ Aug 17, 2005 -> 09:41 AM)
To get a top pitching prospect.  Am I missing something?  Why wouldn't these teams grab him up.

When will you people realize that in order to have a logical conversation you need to be speaking to someone with a sense of logic.

QUOTE(Chisoxrd5 @ Aug 17, 2005 -> 09:44 AM)

Your the Pittsburgh Pirates. (aka the Chicago Cubs farm system) and sitting in last place in the NL Central behind Cincinnati. The Reds, much like you, also suck yet sit on top of you in the standings. If you see BMac on the waiver wire would you not claim him to stop the Reds from having a chance to recieve a quality arm in a trade? It seems pretty simple to me.  :huh

I had a brain-cramp...forgot that then the Pirates would have to work out a deal with the Sox. I got up too early today.

QUOTE(Steff @ Aug 17, 2005 -> 08:47 AM)
When will you people realize that in order to have a logical conversation you need to be speaking to someone with a sense of logic.

Shush up...I'm obviously tired and bored at work and trying to get into a senseless and neverending argument...would you let us be?? :lol:

QUOTE(Chisoxrd5 @ Aug 17, 2005 -> 09:49 AM)
Shush up...I'm obviously tired and bored at work and trying to get into a senseless and neverending argument...would you let us be?? :lol:

My bad, my bad....

Carry on ya'll...

S Diddy.... out. ;)

Your the Pittsburgh Pirates. (aka the Chicago Cubs farm system) and sitting in last place in the NL Central behind Cincinnati. The Reds, much like you, also suck yet sit on top of you in the standings. If you see BMac on the waiver wire would you not claim him to stop the Reds from having a chance to recieve a quality arm in a trade? It seems pretty simple to me.  :huh

It seems pretty simple to you because you're negating the impact that will have on trade negotiations between the CWS & PIT. PIT knows they won't get BMac if they put in a claim because the CWS would just pull him back. But if they want to play the spoiler anyways then they risk good trade relations with the CWS. Considering the history of trades between the two clubs that would be a pretty stupid thing to risk on their part.

I doubt very much that non-contenders take an active role in thwarting trades like that. If you have a historical reference suggesting otherwise lay it on us.

Edited by JUGGERNAUT

QUOTE(JUGGERNAUT @ Aug 18, 2005 -> 12:59 AM)
But if they want to play the spoiler anyways then they risk good trade relations with the CWS.  Considering the history of trades between the two clubs that would be a pretty stupid thing to risk on their part.

What if it was say the Devil Rays (I'm just using this as a hypothetical), who have shown with Chuck LaMar that they really don't want to trade with anyone?

QUOTE(JUGGERNAUT @ Aug 17, 2005 -> 09:59 AM)
It seems pretty simple to you because you're negating the impact that will have on trade negotiations between the CWS & PIT.  PIT knows they won't get BMac if they put in a claim because the CWS would just pull him back.  But if they want to play the spoiler anyways then they risk good trade relations with the CWS.  Considering the history of trades between the two clubs that would be a pretty stupid thing to risk on their part.

I doubt very much that non-contenders take an active role in thwarting trades like that.  If you have a historical reference suggesting otherwise lay it on us.

So you would risk putting some of our best prospects through waivers, just on the assumption that the other GMs wont take them, based on some sort of good faith agreement between GMs?

Thats insane Juggs, these prospects are good and cheap, any team would be foolish not to grab them if they are just sitting there, and the Sox would be foolish to put them out there to be scooped up.

What if it was say the Devil Rays (I'm just using this as a hypothetical), who have shown with Chuck LaMar that they really don't want to trade with anyone?

It's the same principle. The GM knows very well that the White Sox would be putting these players on the ML waiver list for the SOLE purpose to complete a trade. They know if they put in a claim the CWS will just pull the player back. So TBD has no chance of getting the player & all they accomplish is wrecking trade relations with the two clubs. It would be assenine to do that. That's why I doubt there's much history of it ever happening.

QUOTE(JUGGERNAUT @ Aug 17, 2005 -> 10:07 AM)
It's the same principle.  The GM knows very well that the White Sox would be putting these players on the ML waiver list for the SOLE purpose to complete a trade.  They know if they put in a claim the CWS will just pull the player back.  So TBD has no chance of getting the player & all they accomplish is wrecking trade relations with the two clubs.  It would be assenine to do that.  That's why I doubt there's much history of it ever happening.

Yes, but you are ignoring the point of his argument. Chuck Lamarr could give two s***s about what anyone thinks of him and trading with him. He would block the trade to be ornery, or he would end up with a prospect. No loss for him, either way.