Griffey Rumor

Mr. Showtime

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Adam G @ Aug 27, 2005 -> 03:59 PM)
I bet it's going to happen, against all odds.  When it does happen all the Bruce Levine haters will have to eat crow because he's been on this story for weeks and it'll finally have come to fruition.

The whole world has been on this story, its not like he was the only one.

I have not heard Levine say anything today, have been listening off and on to the radio but not for the past 2 hrs.

Who actually heard this?

Wow, Bruce Levine reported several hours ago that the Sox bumped up their offer for KGJ. I'm surprised nobody's jumped on the rumor here. I guess everyone's kinda lulled into a sense that nothing's going to get done. They're offering to take on more of KGJ's contract. Bruce said that both sides have agreed on the players involved, and the only step necessary would be for Junior to publically ask for the trade so that the owner could say he gave Griffey want he wanted and doesn't look like the bad guy who traded him. Bruce said that as soon as that happens a trade could be consumated by tonight or tomorrow (obviously something would have to be done by Wednesday). I'm assuming everyone here will take a "believe it when I see it" approach, as will I.

QUOTE(Frank the Tank 35 @ Aug 27, 2005 -> 04:11 PM)
Wow, Bruce Levine reported several hours ago that the Sox bumped up their offer for KGJ.  I'm surprised nobody's jumped on the rumor here.  I guess everyone's kinda lulled into a sense that nothing's going to get done.  They're offering to take on more of KGJ's contract.  Bruce said that both sides have agreed on the players involved, and the only step necessary would be for Junior to publically ask for the trade so that the owner could say he gave Griffey want he wanted and doesn't look like the bad guy who traded him.  Bruce said that as soon as that happens a trade could be consumated by tonight or tomorrow (obviously something would have to be done by Wednesday).  I'm assuming everyone here will take a "believe it when I see it" approach, as will I.

lmao

QUOTE(Frank the Tank 35 @ Aug 27, 2005 -> 04:11 PM)
Wow, Bruce Levine reported several hours ago that the Sox bumped up their offer for KGJ.  I'm surprised nobody's jumped on the rumor here.  I guess everyone's kinda lulled into a sense that nothing's going to get done.  They're offering to take on more of KGJ's contract.  Bruce said that both sides have agreed on the players involved, and the only step necessary would be for Junior to publically ask for the trade so that the owner could say he gave Griffey want he wanted and doesn't look like the bad guy who traded him.  Bruce said that as soon as that happens a trade could be consumated by tonight or tomorrow (obviously something would have to be done by Wednesday).  I'm assuming everyone here will take a "believe it when I see it" approach, as will I.

Ok in all seriousnesss, did you hear this or did you look at another post from another board. I am not picking a fight but I have had the radio on all afternoon and nothing has come up. No break ins nothing. So please, did you actaully hear this with your own ears?

QUOTE(quickman @ Aug 27, 2005 -> 03:21 PM)
Ok in all seriousnesss, did you hear this or did you look at another post from another board. I am not picking a fight but I have had the radio on all afternoon and nothing has come up. No break ins nothing. So please, did you actaully hear this with your own ears?

I have nothing on Score and people on Whitesox.com are lying all over the place. Seriously, we need to find out if someone heard Levine.

QUOTE(Frank the Tank 35 @ Aug 27, 2005 -> 03:13 PM)
Whoa, nevermind the last post.  My internet just pulled some kinda crazy trick on me.  It pulled up a non-refreshed page so it didn't show any of the new posts!

Either way it was a nice summary of what has happened so far. :bang

QUOTE(quickman @ Aug 27, 2005 -> 04:25 PM)
The reds board is laughing at us. Unless people actaully hear this then I suggest not beleiving what some idiot on the main board says. Its stupid. I ask again...Has anyone on this board actaully heard Bruce levine report this? Please step forward.

I'd say people are most likely getting this info from the MLB boards or the ESPN boards. I don't thing Levine said any of this.

QUOTE(maggsmaggs @ Aug 27, 2005 -> 03:23 PM)
I have nothing on Score and people on Whitesox.com are lying all over the place.  Seriously, we need to find out if someone heard Levine.

I heard it, he was on the Tom Sher (sp?) show earlier today where he said just what was posted. The Griffey rumor is "red hot" right now and he thinks that Griffey might be in a Sox uniform by this time tomorrow. The players have been agreed on, the Sox bumped up their financial offer, they need Griffey to come out publicly and say he's in favor of this so the Reds' fan base doesnt hate the new management.

QUOTE(Adam G @ Aug 27, 2005 -> 04:30 PM)
I heard it, he was on the Tom Sher (sp?) show earlier today where he said just what was posted.  The Griffey rumor is "red hot" right now and he thinks that Griffey might be in a Sox uniform by this time tomorrow.  The players have been agreed on, the Sox bumped up their financial offer, they need Griffey to come out publicly and say he's in favor of this so the Reds' fan base doesnt hate the new management.

QUOTE(Frank the Tank 35 @ Aug 27, 2005 -> 04:30 PM)
Yeah I heard it twice today on ESPN1000.  It was some Saturday programming with Tom Cher (sp?).  They were on till about 2:00 pm.  They had their original interview with Bruce sometime in the noon hour and then replayed it right b4 they were done with the show.

I'd call this confirmation.

QUOTE(Frank the Tank 35 @ Aug 27, 2005 -> 03:30 PM)
Yeah I heard it twice today on ESPN1000.  It was some Saturday programming with Tom Cher (sp?).  They were on till about 2:00 pm.  They had their original interview with Bruce sometime in the noon hour and then replayed it right b4 they were done with the show.

I'll support the original poster on this too, I heard it as well. Kind of glossed over it because I've heard similar reports the last few weeks, thought I was having deja vu!! But I did hear it.

QUOTE(maggsmaggs @ Aug 27, 2005 -> 09:39 PM)
My ideal line-up with Griff would be:

pods (lf)

Rowand (cf)

Iguchi (2b)

Giffey, (RF)

Konerko (1b)

Everett (DH)

Pierzynski ©

Blum (3b)

uribe (SS)

Until Rowand starts hitting, he needs to stay out of the top of the lineup. Also, we can argue as much as we want about Iguchi, but he's staying in the 2 spot.