I wish they would announce it

cwsox

KW has one great offseason....and you're praising him like he's been behind our "success" all along.  The last year we were successful was 2000.  KW as the minor league director then.  He was NOT, I repeat, NOT the GM.

WSF..... Roman used to change positions on White Sox players like the wind changed directions. Everyone ripped him apart because of it. He then announced to everyone afterwards that KW was his guy and that he would never change his position on our GM. I believe he's doing this to prove a point..... there can be no other reason for him defending this asswipe that has decimated the White Sox team in less than 3 years. And if he can't see it, there's no use in trying to show him. He'll never agree with you because he has a point to make.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest hotsoxchick1
Supposedly KW fears he will not be able to secure another position and is not quite happy with the financial terms of the "separation agreement". HSC.. is this what you're hearing also?

something along those lines steff......once they finish up the contract issues its done and over with and of course jr is very afraid that someone like jesse jackson will start screamin race stuff here in chicago so he has his crack pot press team working on defensive tatics there......it will all fall together soon........ :D :headbang

something along those lines steff......once they finish up the contract issues its done and over with and of course jr is very afraid that someone like jesse jackson will start screamin race stuff here in chicago so he has his crack pot press team working on defensive tatics there......it will all fall together soon........ :D  :headbang

Keep us updated Michelle. I'm sitting here waiting for you and Steff to say something.

Guest hotsoxchick1
Keep us updated Michelle. I'm sitting here waiting for you and Steff to say something.

you know ian, as soon as i know it you guys will know it... dont i always treat yous like that??? geez lol.........have to warn ya though if it happens later on tonite youll have to find out via the news at 10 or wait till i get home from work...this is my nites, nite...........wont be home till around midnite...... :ph34r:

once they finish up the contract issues its done and over with and of course jr is very afraid that someone like jesse jackson will start screamin race stuff here in chicago so he has his crack pot press team working on defensive tatics there

It's a shame JR has to worry about that if this is true. f*** Jesse Jackson! Who gives a f*** what he thinks? If KW is the only one to go, we still have an underachieving minority at manager and batting coach. Jesse Jackson should shut the f*** up and do what he does best..... being America's dumb f*** hypocrite.

:fyou Jesse

you know ian, as soon as i know it you guys will know it... dont i always treat yous like that??? geez lol.........have to warn ya though if it happens later on tonite youll have to find out via the news at 10 or wait till i get home from work...this is my nites, nite...........wont be home till around midnite...... :ph34r:

:o

I'm sure I'll be in bed by then, I won't be watching much of tonight's west-coast beatdown.

I guess I'll wait till I get to read the paper Thursday morning at work.

It's a shame JR has to worry about that if this is true. f*** Jesse Jackson! Who gives a f*** what he thinks? If KW is the only one to go, we still have an underachieving minority at manager and batting coach. Jesse Jackson should shut the f*** up and do what he does best..... being America's dumb f*** hypocrite.

I was talking to Maury about this same subject last night. Except he used some, well lets just say it was something like you said Killa but different. :ph34r:

Oh boy this could OT in a hurry. How about his famous "Hymietown" remarks in 1984? He wasn't raked over the coals like Lott or Santorum. Back to the topic at hand. We have a lot of incompetent employees in management who happen to be minority. We've had some doosies that were white too. Hawk Harrelson and Terry Bevington come to mind. The point is the whole organization is suffocating now. The stakes couldn't be higher. Come Eddie E, do it now!!!

Guest hotsoxchick1

sad as it is killa its still an issue jr worries about.........and this being a good money making opportunity with the all star game coming here .. he doesnt want anything to tarnish that............not to mention his reputation for being very pro minority.............i cant blame him.. as you know jr is not a press/public type of person...i cant dis on him for not wanting to be dragged into this s*** on a daily basis defending his decisions..........

sad as it is killa its still an issue jr worries about.........and this being a good money making opportunity with the all star game coming here .. he doesnt want anything to tarnish that............not to mention his reputation for being very pro minority.............i cant blame him.. as you know jr is not a press/public type of person

That's why JR shouldn't worry about it. The facts speak for themselves. Jerry has the facts that he has an exemplary record when it comes to minorities. Facts are alien to Jesse. He don't use them or need them..... whatever puts more green in his crooked pockets. I still say f*** him.

I don't think there is a need to worry there - a change is needed and African American managers have been let go off without problems, we did it with Larry Doby and the cubs did it last season with Baylor - firing a GM may be novel but only because of the lack of African Americans hired to that position - JR would want to follow a very public interview process for the replacement - but in the off the record comments it could be made very clear that betwen JM and KW that JR was choosing JM - that offsets any pr damage there -

Out of curiousity does anyone know if we were the first team to have both a black GM and Manager at the sametime?

I will say JR's minority hiring record can't be questioned. If you look at the Bulls and Sox, he has always hired the guys who he thought were the most loyal to him and the organization, regardless of race. He has an excellent minority hiring record to back him up if anyone does b****.

Out of curiousity does anyone know if we were the first team to have both a black GM and Manager at the sametime?

I will say JR's minority hiring record can't be questioned.  If you look at the Bulls and Sox, he has always hired the guys who he thought were the most loyal to him and the organization, regardless of race.  He has an excellent minority hiring record to back him up if anyone does b****.

we were I do believe -

I remember in the 2000 playoffs when JM went to the mound to consult with JB and CJ, that was supposed to have been the first time ever a black amnager, catcher, and pitcher were on the mound at the same time -

I agree there is no reason to be concerned with JR's record in that it has always been good - the Sox would just want to follow a public process that is very inclusive in hiring the replacement -

I hope this does not become a forum on jesse Jackson who in no way has said or nothing anything with the Sox situation - let's stick to what is -

everyone hired in baseball will eventually be fired and just doing it is the only way to go -

Well it would be my guess that Eddie E is back in the picture to help deflect some criticism away from JR, it's a good maneuver IMO.

As far as Jesse goes, he can't really say anything unless KW gives his blessing and if KW is hoping to get another gig somewhere and keep some of the reasonings behind this quiet he won't give it.

i wouldnt worry about jesse jackson..he's pretty much become a non player ever since his total embarrassment about his affair with his secretary and his paying her off in hundereds of thousands of dollars in operation push money...thanks to billy o'reilly ;) his rally barely get a few hundred people now when they used to get well into the thousands..tv doesnt even cover him anymore...he became a huge embarrassment when he was counciling the president on his affair ...jesse's time as a leader has paased, thank god...

a guy that could make trouble and is looking for a way to get more national exposure since he is running for president is al sharpton...maybe carol mosely braun too...but like someone else said, if KW gets behind a movement like this he just ensured he will never get another job in baseball....even KW isnt that stupid...

No one will be playing the race card with JR.  Its a well known fact he is a big believer in giving minorities rights and equal opportunity and he's shown it with his hires.  Cartwright, Manuel, Williams, etc.

true..riensdorf's rep in race relations is about as solid as there is..