We suck

BigSqwert

Let's see here. We cannot win at home anymore. We can't win at Fenway. We can't beat Oakland. Vlad and K-rod are now healthy for Anaheim. Kenny will not find us another big bat. Um yeah...I really like our chances. I am now the official king of pessimism.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Aug 17, 2005 -> 10:23 AM)
Let's see here.  We cannot win at home anymore. We can't win at Fenway.  We can't beat Oakland.  Vlad and K-rod are now healthy for Anaheim.  Kenny will not find us another big bat.  Um yeah...I really like our chances.  I am now the official king of pessimism.

SoxChickenLittlecopy.jpg

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Aug 17, 2005 -> 11:23 AM)
Let's see here.  We cannot win at home anymore. We can't win at Fenway.  We can't beat Oakland.  Vlad and K-rod are now healthy for Anaheim.  Kenny will not find us another big bat.  Um yeah...I really like our chances.  I am now the official king of pessimism.

......don't forget that rumor has Mike Sweeney going to Anaheim real soon.

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Aug 17, 2005 -> 11:23 AM)

Lets see here. We are awesome on the road. We have the best record in the AL. Our pitching staff is dominate we lead are division by 11 games and our offense is bound to break out of the slump.

Next time think of the glass half full instead of half empty and quit worrying there is nothing you can do. Just enjoy the great season were having.

QUOTE(ScottPodRulez22 @ Aug 17, 2005 -> 11:15 AM)
Lets see here. We are awesome on the road. We have the best record in the AL. Our pitching staff is dominate we lead are division by 11 games and our offense is bound to break out of the slump.

Next time think of the glass half full instead of half empty and quit worrying there is nothing you can do. Just enjoy the great season were having.

The Sox have been playing like s*** lately. They can't do anything that they did in the first half. If we don't get a bat, i think we are screwed.

K-Rod loaded the bases in the 9th inning last night with no one out and gave up a walk to tie the game. The Angels ended up losing the game.

Vlad is back and hitting well. But Garret Anderson, the only protection for Vlad in that lineup...is down, possibly with a recurrence of the arthritis he suffered from last year.

Scott Shields and Brendon Donnelly have both been overworked and have been off lately.

The Angels started yet another rookie pitcher last night because their rotation has had guys going up and down (although he also did better than BMac).

The Angels are in deep trouble right now, especially if they can't get G.A. back. Otherwise you walk Vlad the Impaler and then just expect that he'll score 1 time in the game and won't drive anyone in. He's been getting the Bonds treatment lately, and it's mainly worked.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Aug 17, 2005 -> 10:29 AM)
......don't forget that rumor has Mike Sweeney going to Anaheim real soon.

This is why KW should have claimed Sweeney on waivers. Sweeney has a no-trade and wants to play on the west coast if the Royals don't want him., chances are very slim he would accept assignment to the White Sox. The chances of the Royals awarding the White Sox Sweeney's contract would even be slimmer. There was virtually no chance the Sox would be on the hook for his contract, but it would have blocked any move with the Angels. If the Angels eventually get Sweeney this season and the Sox have to play them in the playoffs it would be considered a huge blunder in my book.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Aug 17, 2005 -> 12:49 PM)
This is why KW should have claimed Sweeney on waivers. Sweeney has a no-trade and wants to play on the west coast if the Royals don't want him., chances are very slim he would accept assignment to the White Sox. The chances of the Royals awarding the White Sox Sweeney's contract would even be slimmer. There was virtually no chance the Sox would be on the hook for his contract, but it would have blocked any move with the Angels. If the Angels eventually get Sweeney this season and the Sox have to play them in the playoffs it would be considered a huge blunder in my book.

Yah like KW knew that the angels were going to pursue him since he didnt he cant have the chance of the royals going here take him and his contract.

Im concerned with the recent play but I think this is a bump in the road for the Sox. Every team goes through a rough stretch. I am confident that they will bounce back because they have always come back strong after a losing streak and this offense is more than capable of breaking through. Im sure Walk is helping those guys get back in there.

Edited by Ozzie Montana

QUOTE(KevHead0881 @ Aug 17, 2005 -> 12:39 PM)
Correction: Jon Adkins doesn't suck.  His pitching sucks.  :D

What have you. WE actually did an amazing job yesterday. I couldn't be prouder of Bobby Jenks and the amazing job he did, as well as every other arm IN the bullpen besides Adkins. Not that Adkins did absolutely horrible at first, but he didn't last very long. When I saw that he was the last arm in the bullpen, I groaned. Staying up to watch game that lasted nearly two games worth just to see Adkins give it all away.

Edited by TheBigHurt