We suck

BigSqwert

QUOTE(TheDybber @ Aug 17, 2005 -> 06:41 PM)
HOLY CRAP!!!  No team has ever lost 4 games in a row...and still made the playoffs!!!

Obviously your joking, and obviously first place ball clubs do lose 4 games in a row from time to time but this team right now seems helpless. Hopefully Buehrle will be the stopper tonight.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Aug 17, 2005 -> 05:47 PM)
For all the glass half full people....what has happened since the ASB that makes you so confident?  I just don't see it.

a baseball season is long. these ebbs and flows are going to happen. no team has the pedal to the metal for 162.

what has made me confident since the asb? probably the fact that even though we are playing like s*** we still took two of three in new york and swept cleveland in their park.

QUOTE(TheBigHurt @ Aug 17, 2005 -> 12:44 PM)
What have you. WE actually did an amazing job yesterday. I couldn't be prouder of Bobby Jenks and the amazing job he did, as well as every other arm IN the bullpen besides Adkins. Not that Adkins did absolutely horrible at first, but he didn't last very long. When I saw that he was the last arm in the bullpen, I groaned. Staying up to watch game that lasted nearly two games worth just to see Adkins give it all away.

Sitting in the stands watching men reach 2nd with less than 2 outs to watch the popup and K machine go to work was sickening.

But maybe our 230 Team BA in the month of August is just a mirage.

QUOTE(thedoctor @ Aug 17, 2005 -> 12:49 PM)
a baseball season is long. these ebbs and flows are going to happen. no team has the pedal to the metal for 162.

what has made me confident since the asb? probably the fact that even though we are playing like s*** we still took two of three in new york and swept cleveland in their park.

Our pitching won us the Yank series.

If you think putting up the aenmic effort against the Yanks starters was something to hold for confidence then you will be amused this weekend when the Yanks invade the Cell and some of those awsome plays that Arow had crashing into dead center at Yank stadium fly deep into that good night in the cell.

Lets see if we can hold them to 2 runs this series. I think not.

The Sox had plenty of opportunities last night to win the game. Except for Adkins, the relievers kept them in the game. They just didn't deliver the clutch hit, they've been sorely lacking.

It's amazing how a 4-game losing streak feels like a 10-game losing streak. The Twins have a pretty good pitcher going tonight, but so do we.

I am not going to be ebmarrased to say it. Call me superstitious, but I think Timo is a bad luck charm. or maybe he just sucks. He alsmost always sucsk, and the games where he reaally comes trhough and does a good job, we still lose.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 17, 2005 -> 06:53 PM)
Our pitching won us the Yank series.

If you think putting up the aenmic effort against the Yanks starters was something to hold for confidence then you will be amused this weekend when the Yanks invade the Cell and some of those awsome plays that Arow had crashing into dead center at Yank stadium fly deep into that good night in the cell. 

Lets see if we can hold them to 2 runs this series.  I think not.

regardless, we won two out of three there at a time when our offense sucked.

listen, i won't say we're playing great ball now because we aren't. but i'm not going to sit up here and cry because the team had the audacity to lose four straight games.

QUOTE(thedoctor @ Aug 17, 2005 -> 01:53 PM)
regardless, we won two out of three there at a time when our offense sucked.

listen, i won't say we're playing great ball now because we aren't. but i'm not going to sit up here and cry because the team had the audacity to lose four straight games.

The 6-8 record in August is what should concern you.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 17, 2005 -> 07:58 PM)
The 6-8 record in August is what should concern you.

so is that enough evidence to dismiss everything else we've seen this season? fourteen games in one month is enough to discount four months of the best baseball this team has played?

and again, i'm not claiming they are playing well right now. they're not. but just about every team - championship or otherwise - is going to have a bad month.

QUOTE(thedoctor @ Aug 17, 2005 -> 02:06 PM)
so is that enough evidence to dismiss everything else we've seen this season? fourteen games in one month is enough to discount four months of the best baseball this team has played?

and again, i'm not claiming they are playing well right now. they're not. but just about every team - championship or otherwise - is going to have a bad month.

This team hasnt hit this season except for like a month or so with this man named Thomas in the lineup.

They have relied on overwhelming pitching, great defense and clutch hitting.

But now we are scoring more than 40% of our runs via the dong. We are not playing smartball anymore. We have guys swinging for the fences. And after the clock struck August we have started sucking.

Color me a skeptic but I have seen this dance before. World beaters before August, dumper after.

This team needs to get back to what got them here in the early part of the season. They need to stop going for the dong with RISP and just go for a simple good contact. They need to rest or sit Crede until his bat or back get better. And they need to end Timo at the leadoff. Great hits last night, but championship teams do not I repeat do not have 217BA leadoff guys.

That Yank series was won on overwhelming pitching. There is no way in the world should you win with 2 runs and a few hits in Yankee stadium. Thanks to our great pitching staff.

Our offense has struggled enough to put so much pressure on our pitching staff that any mistake seems like a hundred pounds of lead on their backs. Garcia said it earlier in the season about being able to pitch free with a few runs. Not seeing our offense have 1 run on 2 hits by the 5th inning every day.

Edited by southsideirish71

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Aug 17, 2005 -> 09:46 PM)
CXS10408180228.jpeg

What the f*** are we doing?

you know that is going to be the picture on the cover of the sports section of tomorrows Sun-Times with some cheesy headline like "Sox: All Balk and No Action" or something stupid like that

Our offense sucks, our starters suck, our bullpen sucks, everything sucks. Our guys were really lucky to ever even have the best record in baseball. The pitchers were performing WAY above their heads, and the hitters can only play corpse ball. All they EVER do is pull baseball, pull baseball, pull baseball. As soon as the playoffs start, the season is over, because the pitching can't cut it and neither can the hitting.

It's only a 5 game losing streak. I'm sure every team has had one this season. It's not the end of the world, it's just a slump.

Edited by Dam8610

QUOTE(Dam8610 @ Aug 18, 2005 -> 03:28 AM)
It's only a 5 game losing streak. I'm sure every team has had one this season. It's not the end of the world, it's just a slump.

Well, yesterday we were saying that about a 4 game losing streak. How long does this have to go on before a sense of urgency is shown?

QUOTE(Dam8610 @ Aug 17, 2005 -> 10:28 PM)

Are you watching this team?? It's not only a 5 game losing streak. They have looked like crap for about a month now. It's not like they won 12 straight right before the 5 game skid. Stop sipping the kool aid.