Benson Only

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(NCsoxfan @ Aug 17, 2005 -> 09:04 PM)
I agree guys.  What a pathetic piece of s***....... You cannot blame the agent for everything, Benson could step up at any moment and end this holdout.

yeah wtf. i dont see this guy starting until at least week 4 or 5 now. f***in dickhead

The Bears are already in mid-season debacle form having lost their starting QB again, and having their starting running back MIA. It's a comedy of errors as always at Halas Hall.

Benson had long holdout written all over him from the outset. I never liked his attitude from day 1.

QUOTE(Chisoxrd5 @ Aug 18, 2005 -> 08:56 AM)
The Bears are already in mid-season debacle form having lost their starting QB again, and having their starting running back MIA. It's a comedy of errors as always at Halas Hall.

Benson had long holdout written all over him from the outset. I never liked his attitude from day 1.

Just trade him for a good QB,and that will solve both of the Bears' biggest problems!

QUOTE(chimpy2121 @ Aug 17, 2005 -> 06:29 PM)
I am so sick of this holdout but we have no idea if the Bears are low-balling him or not. I know I shouldnt hate the guy without knowing the whole situation but this is really getting rediculous.

From what I have been hearing on Sportstalk and reading in rumors is that Benson and Parker are looking for a deal similar to what Phillip Rivers got in the same slot last year. The only problem is that Rivers was actually considered 1st overall because of the trade with the Giants, and then he got a huge contract for it.

Braylon Edwards got 18.5(million, signing bonus), Cadillac williams got 15.1, I heard the Bears are standing strong at 16.5.

This is where the Bears quote Cedrick Benson, "This whole process has been a slap in the face. Everything you have done is worthless up to this point."

Benson is going to have to work really hard to get my cheers. Or at least run for 100 in his first game.

Should have drafted Cadillac Williams.

I have to wonder what the Bears were thinking on draft day.

Should we:

A) Draft player who wants to be like Walter Payton.

B) Draft player who wants to be like Ricky Williams.

I guess B got the most votes, and they are suprised by a hold out.

Mav

Statement from Bears GM Jerry Angelo on Benson holdout

August 18, 2005

Chicago Bears General Manager Jerry Angelo issued the following statement regarding the contract negotiation with Cedric Benson:

"After missing all of training camp, we want to make it abundantly clear that the Chicago Bears have made their best and final offer to Cedric Benson. No dollars are left on the bargaining table, and at this point the only contract discussions that will be entertained will be reflective of the considerable loss of value to the Club created by the player's extended absence.

"We will not provide details regarding contract negotiations, however, in an effort to move forward and focus solely on preparing for a winning football season, we believe it is important for everyone to know our position on Benson's contract situation as his holdout enters day 26 and now is the NFL's only unsigned first round draft choice.

"The Chicago Bears have always placed a premium on having our players in camp on time, and recent history reflects our excellent track record. Our last four number one draft picks have been signed on time for the opening of training camp. Two of those picks, Rex Grossman and Tommie Harris, were also represented by Benson's agent, Eugene Parker.

"The failure to reach an agreement on a fair and reasonable contract has been a huge disappointment. We look forward to having Cedric end his holdout and join his coaches and teammates, as they prepare for the upcoming season."

QUOTE(DukeNukeEm @ Aug 18, 2005 -> 03:09 PM)
JUST COUGH UP THE f***ING DOUGH JERRY.

JUST f***ING PAY HIM, WE NEED HIM NOW, IF YOU DONT GET THIS DONE YOURE JOB IS GONE.  QUIT TRYING TO BE A f***ING HARDASS WHEN WE KNOW YOURE f***ING SPINELESS.

IM GONNA GO f***ING MAD.

You're completely wrong on this. Angelo has not done a damn thing wrong Benson and Parker are f***ing morons.

QUOTE(DukeNukeEm @ Aug 18, 2005 -> 03:09 PM)

JUST f***ING PAY HIM, WE NEED HIM NOW, IF YOU DONT GET THIS DONE YOURE JOB IS GONE.  QUIT TRYING TO BE A f***ING HARDASS WHEN WE KNOW YOURE f***ING SPINELESS.

IM GONNA GO f***ING MAD.

I have to agree with WHarris1. Benson has let this situation get out of control, and if he is asking for Phillip Rivers money, then he can keep waiting. Its been far too long, and way too many impasses and times when both sides werent talking.

QUOTE(DukeNukeEm @ Aug 18, 2005 -> 02:09 PM)

IM GONNA GO f***ING MAD.

Ugh....I think you picked the wrong side of this argument...

The bears are and have been a lot of different things of late but one of them they have not been lately is cheap. They have shelled out money for big free agents (Mushin, Tait) and have gotten their picks in camp. I'm pretty sure the only unreasonable one here is Benson. You cannot break the bank on a player who has yet to gain a yard in the NFL.

You're completely wrong on this.  Angelo has not done a damn thing wrong Benson and Parker are f***ing morons.

he wants a contract identical to the #4 pick last year? He's the #4 pick this year. That makes sense to me. . . .

The Bears NEVER cough up the dough for anything, what else was Jerry The Moron gonna spend this money on?

Im so sick of this. I hate being a Bears fan, they are idiots.

QUOTE(Chisoxrd5 @ Aug 18, 2005 -> 03:13 PM)
Ugh....I think you picked the wrong side of this argument...

The bears are and have been a lot of different things of late but one of them they have not been lately is cheap. They have shelled out money for big free agents (Mushin, Tait) and have gotten their picks in camp.

To quote Mulligan

Actually, teams don't because the real measure of NFL spending can be found in the bonus money a team splashes out on contracts. The Bears have been among the biggest spenders in the league over the last five years, giving big-money contracts to Muhsin Muhammad, John Tait, Adewale Ogunleye and Brian Urlacher, to name just a few.

QUOTE(DukeNukeEm @ Aug 18, 2005 -> 02:13 PM)
he wants a contract identical to the #4 pick last year?  He's the #4 pick this year.  That makes sense to me. . . .

The Bears NEVER cough up the dough for anything, what else was Jerry The Moron gonna spend this money on?

Im so sick of this.  I hate being a Bears fan, they are idiots.

The fourth pick last year got first overall pick money because of the circumstances. Negotiation is a give and take. Benson is being unreasonable, plain and simple.

The chances of us winning without Benson are 0.00.

With Benson we stand a chance, I dont how much moeny it costs... If we cant win this year (or at least show improvemnet) we'll have to start rebuilding again, and probably means the eventual departure of Briggs and Tillman.

he wants a contract identical to the #4 pick last year?  He's the #4 pick this year.  That makes sense to me. . . .

Last years #4 pick was a QB, they are paid differently. Benson needs money between this years 3 and 5, that's what's been offered.

The Bears NEVER cough up the dough for anything,

False.

Moose? Tait? Miller? Wale?