**Official Game Thread: 8/17/05!**

Brian

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Aug 18, 2005 -> 12:15 AM)
I'm guessing 0-3, 3 K's. If he was baffled with Radke's changeup, which is deceptive in its own right, how will he manage against the best in the league?

I was actually pretty impressed by Anderson's second single of the game. He knew he was beat on something offspeed off the outside part of the plate, yet he adjusted mid-swing and pulled it down the LF line.

Hurray for bunting!

QUOTE(WilliamTell @ Aug 18, 2005 -> 12:32 AM)
Damn, same old story different night it's looking. We gotta get some offense going against Santana somehow. I feel we blew our best shot in the 1st since he's normally average in the first inning.

He was leaving a lot of pitches over the plate, but of course, all our guys were trying to hit homers. Also, Iguchi had a lot of good swings vs Santana last time he faced him.....sure great we're trying to bunt the runner over. Unless you're pitching Roger Clemens on the road, there's no reason to play for one run in the first inning.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 17, 2005 -> 05:29 PM)
Have you seen ours?  If both of these guys have to throw pitches over the plate, Buehrle is a lot more likely to struggle.

I agree that Santana has more of an advantage than Buehrle, but i like our lineups chances much better against Santana w/ a small zone, as long as they don't flail too much at junk.