**Official Game Thread: 8/17/05!**

Brian

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Both the pitching and the hitting has sucked lately. We arent taking it to other teams, and we arent playing aggressive ball like we began the year playing. Now the twins are doing it, and THEY are doing it better. This should be the glimpse of how we USED to play, and how our record got so good. Ozzie should try and remember how to play ball.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 17, 2005 -> 07:18 PM)
Buehrle continues to struggle against the top teams in the AL.  Outside of the Angels, he's been pretty awful against teams like Boston, Oakland, and the Twins.  There's not a doubt in my mind that Garland is our ace.

In a big game, I have the most confidence in Freddy because I think he can step up the most and deliver. Then, El-Duque (when the game really counts) and then Garland, Buerhle and Count.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Aug 18, 2005 -> 01:18 AM)
We need to admit that we may be seeing the beginning of one of the largest collapses in sports history. How pathetic.

You think this is bad? If the lead gets to like 3, there will be meltdowns of biblical proportions. I'm actually sitting back and enjoying our double digit lead. I'm not sure how much longer we'll be able to say that.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Aug 17, 2005 -> 07:17 PM)
The Sox have been down by 5 runs in each of the last 2 games, and by 4 runs in each of the last 5 games.

Well post allstar break the Twins have been hitting 232 as a team. But against the best pitching staff they come alive.

Sox don't advance past the first round, or good forbid--collapse before the seasons end, this is going back to Williams. Don't make a deadline move or acquire Griffey, especially after these latest offensive troubles, you'll have a lot of explaining to do.