**Official Game Thread: 8/17/05!**

Brian

QUOTE(daa84 @ Aug 17, 2005 -> 07:46 PM)
if one guy gets on with a walk, that would potentially bring up carl to save us with 2 outs in the ninth. remember what he did to mussinas perfect game....2 outs, 0-2 count...little flare into right for a base hit

or carl can just do it now....phew

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(whitesoxmanager @ Aug 17, 2005 -> 07:49 PM)
i wonder if our fans would have stood up and cheered for the no hitter in the ninth if it were to have gotten to that point...

i would have booed, and i would have booed every single fan who stood up to cheer

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Aug 17, 2005 -> 07:49 PM)
Sweet Jesus we need another bat in this lineup.

I almost wish Carl hadn't gotten the hit.  Being No-Hit might wake up either KW or JR and convince them to really go ahead and make a move.

another bat???? where would that bat play??????

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Aug 17, 2005 -> 07:49 PM)
Sweet Jesus we need another bat in this lineup.

I almost wish Carl hadn't gotten the hit.  Being No-Hit might wake up either KW or JR and convince them to really go ahead and make a move.

1 bat will not fix this... anyone that thinks that griffey will save this offense needs to be checked.

QUOTE(daa84 @ Aug 17, 2005 -> 06:49 PM)
i would have booed, and i would have booed every single fan who stood up to cheer

I would not cheer this guy throwing a no hitter for the life of me. I might boo...and aim it at our hitters more so.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 17, 2005 -> 07:51 PM)
We get our 2nd hit.  How pathetic is this.

IT TOOK THEM 7 f***ING INNINGS TO REALIZE THAT YOU NEED TO GO OPPO TO GET ON WITH CHANGEUP PITCHERS.

check that......it took them teh last 2 weeks

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 17, 2005 -> 06:51 PM)
We get our 2nd hit.  How pathetic is this.

IT TOOK THEM 7 f***ING INNINGS TO REALIZE THAT YOU NEED TO GO OPPO TO GET ON WITH CHANGEUP PITCHERS.

Are you sure they actually realized it and didn't just finally get lucky?

QUOTE(Soxpranos @ Aug 17, 2005 -> 08:50 PM)
1 bat will not fix this... anyone that thinks that griffey will save this offense needs to be checked.

Yeah, I see the light there. Until now I was holding hope KW would surprise us and snare him. If the team is going to be like this, I don't want to waste the talent and dollars it would take just to get the Griffey band-aid.

SFF

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 17, 2005 -> 07:53 PM)
They hit oppo a bunch of times in the Orioles series.  The last time we hit the ball well.

Then of course Greg corrected that.

man, people need to lay off of walker for our guys not hitting oppo, our # 1 and 2 guys do it probably more than anyone in the league. konerko is a power hitter, and never has gone oppo. carl does on occasion, usually from the leftside tho....AJ does it, tho not as much. but the fact is that compared to other teams, we do it alot more. there are teams out there who id say rarely ever go oppo.

QUOTE(SpringfieldFan @ Aug 17, 2005 -> 07:54 PM)
Yeah, I see the light there.  Until now I was holding hope KW would surprise us and snare him.  If the team is going to be like this, I don't want to waste the talent and dollars it would take just to get the Griffey band-aid.

SFF

To reality and logic :cheers