**Official Game Thread: 8/17/05!**

Brian

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(daa84 @ Aug 17, 2005 -> 07:55 PM)
man, people need to lay off of walker for our guys not hitting oppo, our # 1 and 2 guys do it probably more than anyone in the league. konerko is a power hitter, and never has gone oppo. carl does on occasion, usually from the leftside tho....AJ does it, tho not as much. but the fact is that compared to other teams, we do it alot more. there are teams out there who id say rarely ever go oppo.

Because pulling only is a great way to hit for a high average and not constantly ground out to the left side.

But if you think that this approach is working, then by all means keep the kool aid a flowing.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Aug 17, 2005 -> 08:38 PM)
Doesn't have to make sense. Williams will shoulder blame regardless of the trade market. You think Mariotti will take into consideration the asking price of Tampa Bay or Cincinnati? Or the remainder of the Chicago media? Does anyone besides hardcore Sox fans such as ourselves realize the asking prides of several coveted players on the market?

What is known is Williams big move on the market, when it was obvious the offense was in need of an upgrade, was Geoff Blum. Whom, by the way, hasn't contributed s***.

I won't blame Williams. I never meant to suggest as much. But he will be criticized.

Flash,

Honestly, if you ask for my opinion regarding ALL media critics, including the moronic and irresponsible Mariotti, I will tell you, "I don't give a s*** to what they say about KW." As a Sox fan, I am very happy that KW has finally been able to change the way the Sox has been fruitlessly playing these past few years, and it's WORKING as indicated in our great record.

The DRays were asking McCarthy, Garland AND Anderson. If I were KW, I would say to them, "The HELL with you!" KW almost pulled off the biggest trade of this season until the Reds owner nixed the deal.

Now for Mariotti, he didn't even know what he was talking about trading for KGJ for Anderson AND McCarthy. Ask yourself this question, would Anderson AND McCarthy be able to go through the AL waiver line without being snatched up to reach the Reds? Please don't tell me, "Yes." I know you know better than that goof Mariotti would ever know...

When Podsednik comes back, I betcha the Sox will be much better. It's so NICE to have such a healthy lead now because even if we lose, we still can gain. 33 my man!!!

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Aug 17, 2005 -> 08:40 PM)
NO HITTER NO HITTER NO HITTER NO HITTER NO HITTER NO HITTER NO HITTER NO HITTER NO HITTER NO HITTER NO HITTER NO HITTER NO HITTER NO HITTER NO HITTER NO HITTER NO HITTER NO HITTER NO HITTER NO HITTER NO HITTER NO HITTER NO HITTER NO HITTER NO HITTER NO HITTER NO HITTER NO HITTER NO HITTER NO HITTER NO HITTER NO HITTER NO HITTER NO HITTER NO HITTER NO HITTER NO HITTER NO HITTER NO HITTER NO HITTER NO HITTER NO HITTER NO HITTER NO HITTER NO HITTER NO HITTER NO HITTER NO HITTER NO HITTER NO HITTER NO HITTER NO HITTER NO HITTER NO HITTER NO HITTER NO HITTER NO HITTER NO HITTER NO HITTER NO HITTER NO HITTER

booya

QUOTE(SpringfieldFan @ Aug 18, 2005 -> 01:54 AM)
Yeah, I see the light there.  Until now I was holding hope KW would surprise us and snare him.  If the team is going to be like this, I don't want to waste the talent and dollars it would take just to get the Griffey band-aid.

SFF

Not sure if you were there, but do you remember when I said that we shouldn't be too pissed if this team fails to go far if they make the playoffs? There's absolutely no reason to think that this was THE YEAR for the White Sox. It's not like we've geared up our whole franchise for this one season. It's not like we have more talent than every other team in baseball. Our pitching has overachieved so much this season, and our offense has underachieved. However, since all you have to do is score 1 or 2 runs when your pitching dominates, we were able to feast on s***ty teams in the first half of the year.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Aug 17, 2005 -> 06:52 PM)
Not starting s*** here, but what teams has Buehrle beaten this year?  Is it all like the Royals and such?

AND HELL YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  GOODBYE NO-HITTER!

Mark is 2-0 against Baltimore, Cleveland, Detroit, and Seattle.

Mark is 1-0 against Texas, Toronto and the Dodgers.

Mark is 2-1 against KC.

Mark is 0-1 against Boston, soon to be 0-2 against Minnesota, and 0-2 against Oakland.

Mark is 0-0 but with 3 very good starts against San Diego and The LA Angels. He has an ERA of 0 against SD and 2.08 in 2 starts against LA.

Ok, am I missing something, or why the f*** would you let Buehrle start that inning? He was facing a guy that's hit 2 homers against him tonight, and when you're down 5, there's no reason to risk injury or put extra stress on a starter's arm. Bad move Ozzie!

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Aug 18, 2005 -> 02:01 AM)
Why was MB out there? He had 110 pitches to start the inning. This is the type of game that Adkins is for.

Cause Ozzie has absolutely no clue how to handle taking out his starting pitchers.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Aug 17, 2005 -> 08:00 PM)
Mark is 2-0 against Baltimore, Cleveland, Detroit, and Seattle.

Mark is 1-0 against Texas, Toronto and the Dodgers.

Mark is 2-1 against KC.

Mark is 0-1 against Boston, soon to be 0-2 against Minnesota, and 0-2 against Oakland.

Mark is 0-0 but with 3 very good starts against San Diego and The LA Angels.  He has an ERA of 0 against SD and 2.08 in 2 starts against LA.

usually mark pitches well against minny too. hard to say he hasnt beaten anybody this year with those recrods. oakland is the only team who he never gets

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 17, 2005 -> 07:01 PM)
Ok, am I missing something, or why the f*** would you let Buehrle start that inning?  He was facing a guy that's hit 2 homers against him tonight, and when you're down 5, there's no reason to risk injury or put extra stress on a starter's arm.  Bad move Ozzie!

How many relievers do we have who didn't pitch last night?

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 17, 2005 -> 08:00 PM)
Not sure if you were there, but do you remember when I said that we shouldn't be too pissed if this team fails to go far if they make the playoffs?  There's absolutely no reason to think that this was THE YEAR for the White Sox.  It's not like we've geared up our whole franchise for this one season.  It's not like we have more talent than every other team in baseball.  Our pitching has overachieved so much this season, and our offense has underachieved.  However, since all you have to do is score 1 or 2 runs when your pitching dominates, we were able to feast on s***ty teams in the first half of the year.

I've made the comment before, 14 out of the last 15 World series winners are good hitting teams.