**Official Game Thread: 8/17/05!**

Brian

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Aug 17, 2005 -> 10:23 PM)
I'm glad that was the last game i attended for the foreseeable future. This team makes me sick.

Thank god we dont get Griffey.

With everyone hitting so well, I guess he would have to bide his time on the bench and hope one of our hitters falls back to earth.

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Aug 18, 2005 -> 04:34 AM)
Konerko: "we're going to go down swinging with the guys we have"

Maybe the sox just don't get it...the objective is to not go down swinging, it's to win the f***ing thing.

I just can't stand the attitude I'm sensing from the White Sox right now. I've never seen a team just assume so much with plenty of meaningful games left in the season. Oh well, we just have to win some games.

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Aug 18, 2005 -> 04:41 AM)
They believe that they are just the best team on paper and that they'll be fine during playoff time. I don't like the stuff i'm hearing at all.

Bingo! Way too much talk about resting players for the playoffs, planning the playoff rotation, and other goodies like that. We just have to go out and win games. I don't give a f*** if Ozzie wants the most wins in baseball. Rather, Ozzie should just focus on getting his players ready each game, and putting his team in the best chance to succeed as possible. You can't ask for anything more than that chance from your manager. And BTW Ozzie, it's not a crime to pull a pitcher after 6 innings if the game is pretty much a sure loss.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 17, 2005 -> 11:44 PM)
Bingo!  Way too much talk about resting players for the playoffs, planning the playoff rotation, and other goodies like that.  We just have to go out and win games.  I don't give a f*** if Ozzie wants the most wins in baseball.  Rather, Ozzie should just focus on getting his players ready each game, and putting his team in the best chance to succeed as possible.  You can't ask for anything more than that chance from your manager.  And BTW Ozzie, it's not a crime to pull a pitcher after 6 innings if the game is pretty much a sure loss.

a week ago, i would have argued this statement.

all hail fathom

QUOTE(SnB @ Aug 18, 2005 -> 04:46 AM)
a week ago, i would have argued this statement.

all hail fathom

Trust me, I wish what I had said about this wasn't looking dead on. I would have much rather been completely off. I just hated the attitude I was sensing from the whole organization. Ozzie's comments in tomorrow's Tribune about the game piss me off also. The fact he says he juggled his lineup because some people need at-bats is ridiculous. Our benchers get more playing time than any other benchers in baseball. We need to play guys that will help us win, especially in a series against the Twins. The Twins have all the confidence in the world against us now.

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Aug 17, 2005 -> 10:34 PM)
Konerko: "we're going to go down swinging with the guys we have"

Maybe the sox just don't get it...the objective is to not go down swinging, it's to win the f***ing thing.

I turned off the radio when Kong said that. When he starts talking about not making the playoffs and if we go out in the first round its all about going down with the guys you have.

:puke

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Aug 17, 2005 -> 11:00 PM)
Not to mention we faced a Rochester lineup tonight.

I don't like Ozzie's leadership right now, at least what isn't happening behind closed doors.

I thought this offense would be bad this year, but not this bad.

When we lost Thomas and Maggs last year we still hit .262 in August. We hit like crap in July and that was to be expected with the two losses. But they bounced back. And that was with marching Timo and Borchard out in RF. We didnt pitch well in August and had the 5th starter disaster.

Last year before Maggs and Thomas went out we hit in the 280s.

Edited by southsideirish71

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 18, 2005 -> 05:07 AM)
I thought this offense would be bad this year, but not this bad.

When we lost Thomas and Maggs last year we still hit .262 in August.  We hit like crap in July and that was to be expected with the two losses.  But they bounced back. And that was with marching Timo and Borchard out in RF.  We didnt pitch well in August and had the 5th starter disaster. 

Last year before Maggs and Thomas went out we hit in the 280s.

I thought Uribe and Rowand were going to be much better this year.