**Official Game Thread: 8/17/05!**

Brian

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Aug 17, 2005 -> 07:34 PM)
Jumping in here late, but I think the scouting of this team has finally caught up with it.

"Flying under the radar" works when you don't have the best record in baseball.  This team since right before the ASB has been scouted, rescouted, and I bet that the scouts can pretty much tell you when our batters are scheduled to take a s***.  They know every tendency, every everything. 

GOOD TEAMS adjust.  Let's see how long it takes.  If they don't, it tells you something.

Well, we no longer have the best record in baseball. Maybe they'll forget about us?

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 17, 2005 -> 09:34 PM)
There's a better chance of me winning Favorite Poster of the Year on soxtalk.com than there is of the Sox getting Griffey Jr. now.

haha I think there's still a better chance of Griffey Jr. coming here than me winning Poster of the Year on soxtalk.com

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Aug 17, 2005 -> 08:34 PM)
Jumping in here late, but I think the scouting of this team has finally caught up with it.

"Flying under the radar" works when you don't have the best record in baseball.  This team since right before the ASB has been scouted, rescouted, and I bet that the scouts can pretty much tell you when our batters are scheduled to take a s***.  They know every tendency, every everything. 

GOOD TEAMS adjust.  Let's see how long it takes.  If they don't, it tells you something.

Its the same scouting report as last year.

Spot your fastball on the outside corner 90% of the time. Then throw the occasional breaking pitch to keep them honest.

Play them to pull.

You do this and medicore pitching can destroy our team.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 17, 2005 -> 07:38 PM)
Holy s***, Hawk is such a tool.  Now he's saying it's a compliment it's the first time we've lost 5 in a row?  How long will he keep saying this type of s***?  Is Hawk going to have a fiesta for Ozzie and Timo if we lose 10 in a row?

Has St. Louis lost 5 in a row this year? I know Oakland has, I know the Yankees have, I'll bet Boston has, and I'm pretty sure the Braves have.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 17, 2005 -> 09:38 PM)
Holy s***, Hawk is such a tool.  Now he's saying it's a compliment it's the first time we've lost 5 in a row?  How long will he keep saying this type of s***?  Is Hawk going to have a fiesta for Ozzie and Timo if we lose 10 in a row?

Thought the same thing

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 17, 2005 -> 08:38 PM)
Its the same scouting report as last year.

Spot your fastball on the outside corner 90% of the time.  Then throw the occasional breaking pitch to keep them honest. 

Play them to pull. 

You do this and medicore pitching can destroy our team.

Just like anyone who bothered to listen has done all season. Its unreal how this team can go so long without making an adjustment.

QUOTE(JUGGERNAUT @ Aug 17, 2005 -> 07:38 PM)
Griffey = no less than $23.5M/3yr.  The Reds won't do it for a penny less. That's the way the richest man in MLB (Lindher) thinks.

Jerry Reinsdorf has said to KW that the purse strings were open this year. He's said that he'd value a White Sox championship more than all those titles with the Bulls.

I'd like to think he means it. We need that bat.

You know 1 thing that probably really is hurting us as well? The simple intimidation factor. There's just no one in our lineup that is really really frightening when you look at it on paper. Konerko's close, dye is when he's on fire, but other than that...who's there that you don't want to face?