Bad News

tonyho7476

Why is this bad news? If you haven't noticed, the last thing we need is less batting practice. Also, my Sox BP on the field was cancelled. :angry:

But the good news, I still get my 10th row tickets and free premium parking....AND I will still get to do BP and tickets, since I did already pay for that. :)

I realize nobody cares. :P

QUOTE(tonyho7476 @ Aug 17, 2005 -> 12:50 PM)
Why is this bad news?  If you haven't noticed, the last thing we need is less batting practice.  Also, my Sox BP on the field was cancelled. :angry:

But the good news, I still get my 10th row tickets and free premium parking....AND I will still get to do BP and tickets, since I did already pay for that. :)

I realize nobody cares. :P

All that batting practice does is allow our hitters to work on their popup stance, or the slam the bat or helmet into the ground pout, or the big swing and K with men on.

Maybe its time for KW and Ozzie to have a team meeting. Call out this terrible offense.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 17, 2005 -> 02:06 PM)
All that batting practice does is allow our hitters to work on their popup stance, or the slam the bat or helmet into the ground pout, or the big swing and K with men on. 

Maybe its time for KW and Ozzie to have a team meeting.  Call out this terrible offense.

Good point, maybe they should stop taking batting practice. :D

QUOTE(winninguglyin83 @ Aug 17, 2005 -> 02:13 PM)
They're facing Santana.

One run would be bliss.

Two a miracle.

Considering every bad pitcher gets at least 6-7Ks against us I am going with a

1 run on 4 hits with 9Ks for Santana.

Buerhle is the tough luck loser with 2 runs on 6 hits and 4ks

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Aug 17, 2005 -> 02:32 PM)
I don't know what they think this will accomplish.   'Juanito' is still going to swing for the fence on the first 3 pitches in every at bat, regardless of game situation, pitch count or pitch location.

Nothing different from any other of his at bats. Probably why Rowand was intentionally walked twice last night. Also, probably one of the reasons why "Juanito" has so many sacrifice flies.

Edited by robinventura23

Did anyone possibly consider that they players are getting a little tired and a full batting practice session before every game is tiring them for the actual game. Maybe it's a good thing to give them a little rest before the game. These guys already know exactly what Santana is going to bring and they played a long game last night.

I actually have a feeling that when we end this losing streak (hopefully tonight!), it is going to bring a winning streak of about 6-7 games.