Steroid Announcement Friday?

spataro51

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, I've read the first four pages and all good stuff and maybe this was answered in the next seven pages but...

Does anyone know the ruling on when Kapler will be tested? Not in spring training obviously, so was it on his immediate return or will he be untested till next year?

QUOTE(WSox30 @ Aug 18, 2005 -> 02:44 PM)
Ok, I've read the first four pages and all good stuff and maybe this was answered in the next seven pages but...

Does anyone know the ruling on when Kapler will be tested?  Not in spring training obviously, so was it on his immediate return or will he be untested till next year?

I'm sure he was subject to testing at random intervals (whenever his name was drawn) the moment he resigned with the Red Sox.

QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ Aug 18, 2005 -> 04:42 PM)
I don't exactly get your reference, probaly because I've been in and out of this thread. But I was referring to Neyer's chat which stated 2 names caught with steroids.

The places I have heard this, in order of when:

1. Soxtalk

2. Obscure baseball message board

3. Chicago radio station

4. LA radio station(Or so someone said)

5. NY radio station(Or so someone said)

6. National Media(Rob Neyer, ESPN)

Heck, it sure worked it's way out! Ok, so I don't believed it all came from Soxtalk, but it would be funny.

Jim golfed in the MLBPAA golf outing on Monday in Lake Geneva. Steroids was a hot topic and several former players were very free with their words on who's used.. past and present. Some details of the conversations mirror the thread starters accusations.

QUOTE(Steff @ Aug 18, 2005 -> 09:49 PM)
Jim golfed in the MLBPAA golf outing on Monday in Lake Geneva. Steroids was a hot topic and several former players were very free with their words on who's used.. past and present. Some details of the conversations mirror the thread starters accusations.

Ahh, thanks. You've now set me straight for the 2nd time today.

QUOTE(daa84 @ Aug 18, 2005 -> 09:31 PM)
this was also from neyers chat.

Another Neyer quote, lifted off an Astros board:

Dan (Boston): Are you a Carpenter or Clemens man?

Rob Neyer: (3:55 PM ET ) Clemens, although that could change soon. Also, let's not forget Dontrelle Willis...

I know, it's still just a rumor. I'm not saying, I'm just saying.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Aug 18, 2005 -> 10:17 PM)
I really like Roger Clemens, but in some sick way I want these rumors to be true about Damon and Clemens.

I don't want these rumors to be true about Clemens at all. The Astros have been very good to Sox fans/Cubs haters like myself, especially last year. The Astros need Clemens in order to stay in front of the Cubs this season. I don't care if people dislike the fact I hate the Cubs....but I do!

Teinowitz giving more hints, 'one in the AL and one in the NL, both in the AllStar Game this year'. Jurko saying that he'd guess the Cubs would love one of these guys as a FA next year, implying Damon. Mac also asked something implying Damon. Now he's saying that one guy is a pitcher and the other isn't. Also that one of the guys has been on their show (so they're basically backing up Damon and Clemens) That Neyer quote is also very interesting. Tomorow should be very interesting! MLB will probably take a big hit from this, anyone think Selig would resign?

QUOTE(3 BeWareTheNewSox 5 @ Aug 18, 2005 -> 04:16 PM)
Teinowitz giving more hints, 'one in the AL and one in the NL, both in the AllStar Game this year'. Jurko saying that he'd guess the Cubs would love one of these guys as a FA next year, implying Damon. Mac also asked something implying Damon. Now he's saying that one guy is a pitcher and the other isn't. Also that one of the guys has been on their show (so they're basically backing up Damon and Clemens) That Neyer quote is also very interesting. Tomorow should be very interesting! MLB will probably take a big hit from this, anyone think Selig would resign?

If anyone should resign it should be Fehr. Selig will manage his way through this...he can always just keep saying he wanted to do more but the Union wouldn't let him. He has a stronger proposal on the table right now.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Aug 18, 2005 -> 05:26 PM)
If anyone should resign it should be Fehr.  Selig will manage his way through this...he can always just keep saying he wanted to do more but the Union wouldn't let him.  He has a stronger proposal on the table right now.

Good point, if this turns out to be true, I think I might trust Selig a little more, because if these guys are suspended, then I know that he won't withold testing results about anyone just to make him and the game look good

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Aug 18, 2005 -> 05:26 PM)
If anyone should resign it should be Fehr.  Selig will manage his way through this...he can always just keep saying he wanted to do more but the Union wouldn't let him.  He has a stronger proposal on the table right now.

If it is two big names I think Congress will really push to take control of the testing, which I believe will mirror the IOC.

QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ Aug 18, 2005 -> 03:34 PM)
It would be funny if this was all from Soxtalk and one thing led to the next.

Both websites eluding to these steroid discussions (Cincinnati/NYY fan sites) have referenced Soxtalk.

One of the Cincinnati posters even mentioned our website breaking a steroid positive two days before it was known publically. Now we didn't exactly break this news--New York website had a thread started on August 11, but I find it interesting people have trusted our website's sources.

Why's everyone guessing who it might be? It's obvious that the rumors are all centered around Clemens and Damon. There's no reason for people to be guessing it's other players, just because they're all-stars, etc. How much you want to bet that some people could say it's certain White Sox players? You know, we do have an all-star of our own who hit double-digit homers last season, and doesn't have one this year! Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying Pods is on the juice. However, this whole thing has become a witch hunt. I'll believe the Clemens/Damon thing when it's announced by MLB.

QUOTE(Soxbadger @ Aug 18, 2005 -> 08:40 PM)
If I had to guess or bet I would say:

Tejada and Smoltz

In Canseco's book he said that Tejada was a big time user.

And I just do not think it is Clemens. Smoltz is an older player coming from the bullpen.

::shrugs::

Its fun to speculate.

SB

no way smoltzy. He has been a outspoken guy against the Steroid use.

And Palmiero was not big on speaking out about steriods?

(Edit)

Its just a guess based on pure speculation.

Tejada though, Canseco did say he was doing roids with Giambi.

Seems kind of strange that all of a sudden Tejada has been tanking.

SB

Edited by Soxbadger

Okay I am not going to get into a this player said something so therefore it must be true argument.

Its my guess on speculation, you are not going to convince me that I should change what I said.

If I wanted to say the popular thing I would of said:

Clemens and Damon

SB