Steroid Announcement Friday?

spataro51

There's just one problem with those rumors. They're not true.

"They're absolutely not true," commissioner Bud Selig told me Thursday. "I don't know where this stuff comes from. I know this kind of stuff is out there. This isn't journalism's finest hour. Some people ought to be ashamed."

From http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/sports/3317099

About the Clemens rumor.

Edited by maggsmaggs

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Jim Belushi @ Aug 19, 2005 -> 12:45 PM)
Someone at work just said that the score is reporting that mlb sources have confirmed it's clemens and damon, however the announcement is pushed back until tomorrow and that 3 more names will follow in a week or so.  Can anyone confirm if they heard this?

H.Christ...so no matter what, this thread will go on for at least another week.

Anyone starting to wonder if maybe, just maybe, the Score has people listening in because they want to hear more about this rumor...so they just keep making up more of them?

Edited by Balta1701

H.Christ...so no matter what, this thread will go on for at least another week.

Anyone starting to wonder if maybe, just maybe, the Score has people listening in because they want to hear more about this rumor...so they just keep making up more of them?

Keep in mind this poster only has 8 posts, he has no links, or anyother info, until someone else hears this i dont believe him.

Chat a moment ago...

Ian (MacLean, GA)

What is the hardest pitch to hit in baseball?  Also, is Clemens on steroids?

JOE MORGAN

I haven't heard any rumors about Clemens. MLB and the Players Assoc. told us last week there is nobody they are looking at that will be exposed. The hardest used to be a good, moving fastball. But sliders and splitters have become harder because of the new hitting style where guys dive into the pitch more. For me though, I think it's the moving fastball. It's just so tough to hit.

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Aug 19, 2005 -> 02:51 PM)
I'm not even going to tell you guys what the dog in my neighbors backyard is telling me about all of this... :ph34r:

Between that dog and my garbage man... :o

:lolhitting

QUOTE(Whitesoxfan56 @ Aug 19, 2005 -> 02:48 PM)
Keep in mind this poster only has 8 posts, he has no links, or anyother info, until someone else hears this i dont believe him.

Notice I asked for someone to confirm that they actually heard it since it was complete hearsay. Unfortunately I cannot provide a link to the smoke break I was just on.

QUOTE(Jim Belushi @ Aug 19, 2005 -> 02:45 PM)
Someone at work just said that the score is reporting that mlb sources have confirmed it's clemens and damon, however the announcement is pushed back until tomorrow and that 3 more names will follow in a week or so.  Can anyone confirm if they heard this?

I can confirm with 100% certainty that I didn't hear it.

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Aug 19, 2005 -> 01:50 PM)
I'm not a betting man, but if I was, I'm betting this is all hogwash.

That is how I feel. I don't think this should be the way the MLB should go about this, and it would crush them if two names like this were released on the same day. Too much just doesn't make sense.

IMHO, when you fail a test, you should be suspended 10 days, I don't care what BS story you have...makes you wonder if anyone failed then won the arbitration hearing?

I think we heard it from too many places for it not to be true to a certain extent. Almost everyone on this site heard it here first before anywhere else. I don't think any of the media, national included, read this site.

Even look at the Boston Globe article. Guess where all that talk originated? In the middle of a Boston-KC series, it even says so right in there.

The whole things a bit odd.

QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ Aug 19, 2005 -> 08:21 PM)
I think we heard it from too many places for it not to be true to a certain extent. Almost everyone on this site heard it here first before anywhere else. I don't think any of the media, national included, read this site.

Even look at the Boston Globe article. Guess where all that talk originated? In the middle of a Boston-KC series, it even says so right in there.

The whole things a bit odd.

i have friends who cover an mlb team and i have asked about this rumor. most of them have heard it as well, although none of them said they heard it from their typical team sources (assistant gms, agents, etc.). most said they heard it from another reporter and didn't know where he heard it from.

For the rumor to be this widespread, you have to think there is at least a decent possibility of truth to it. Either way though, I hope it is confirmed one way or another soon.

Oh, and it'snot just message boards. Radio shows have mentioned a similar rumor too, plus with Neyer's comments yesterday, I dunno, i personally have a hard time believing its bulls***