Steroid Announcement Friday?

spataro51

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(ChiSox_Sonix @ Aug 19, 2005 -> 08:30 PM)
For the rumor to be this widespread, you have to think there is at least a decent possibility of truth to it. Either way though, I hope it is confirmed one way or another soon.

Oh, and it'snot just message boards. Radio shows have mentioned a similar rumor too, plus with Neyer's comments yesterday, I dunno, i personally have a hard time believing its bulls***

Or maybe it just so happened that a source who's usually accurate with his information received bad information.

QUOTE(Soxbadger @ Aug 19, 2005 -> 08:33 PM)
The Neyer comments were about Clemens back.

There is concern about his back, and thus why he might not be a good bet down the stretch.

Not sure why everyone read something else into it.

Neyer's comments had everything to do with the steroid rumor. He was definitely talking in "code", but if he thought it was cause of an injury, he would have said something like that.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 19, 2005 -> 01:35 PM)
Or maybe it just so happened that a source who's usually accurate with his information received bad information.

Or maybe people in the sports media are as good at evaluating sources as the people writing WMD Articles before the Iraq war.

QUOTE(Soxbadger @ Aug 19, 2005 -> 08:33 PM)
The Neyer comments were about Clemens back.

There is concern about his back, and thus why he might not be a good bet down the stretch.

Not sure why everyone read something else into it.

SB

erek in Iowa City: What's with the rumors about the two "superstars" that have tested positive for banned substances?

Rob Neyer: We're hearing the same rumors at ESPN, along with some actual names. But I don't have any interest in spreading rumors. We'll know when we know.

QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ Aug 19, 2005 -> 02:48 PM)
erek in Iowa City: What's with the rumors about the two "superstars" that have tested positive for banned substances?

Rob Neyer: We're hearing the same rumors at ESPN, along with some actual names. But I don't have any interest in spreading rumors. We'll know when we know.

I think this is the quote being referred too:

Dan (Boston): Are you a Carpenter or Clemens man?

Rob Neyer: Clemens, although that could change soon.

QUOTE(3 BeWareTheNewSox 5 @ Aug 19, 2005 -> 08:54 PM)

I know what he was reffering to, It's just Neyer hinted at the rumor before hand, which is why everyone analyzed is second statment.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Aug 19, 2005 -> 02:50 PM)
Well...we've now gone 20 minutes past H-Hour with no announcement...all you other 46 users reading this chat might just have come in here for nothin.

Well, the 'deadline' came from some MLB.com message board, where I would never trust any information from, so just because that was a rumor doesn't mean everything else isn't true.

QUOTE(3 BeWareTheNewSox 5 @ Aug 19, 2005 -> 03:54 PM)

I don't think Neyer would stop being a Clemens man because he got injured. He clearly means steroids.

QUOTE(SoxFan562004 @ Aug 19, 2005 -> 03:55 PM)
OK, this is going to be an annoying post, I know, but what's the update?  is there supposed to be an announcement

The update is that everything that has been discussed is an unsubstantial rumor. Absolutely nothing is expected.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Aug 19, 2005 -> 02:55 PM)
I don't think Neyer would stop being a Clemens man because he got injured.  He clearly means steroids.

I could see it either way. The question of him being a Clemens or Capenter man has to do with the Cy Young this year, not comparing careers, because that would be the stupidest question ever. I first saw it as the steroid thing, but injuries would change the Cy Young race this year as well. Then again, why wouldn't Neyer just flat out say that he thought it was because of injuries instead of leaving it open like that? Come on Bud, get off your ass, release the names!

QUOTE(Punch and Judy Garland @ Aug 19, 2005 -> 03:11 PM)
in an overall related topic, there is a report out that transcripts involving Raffy's testimony during the appeals process gave little explanation as to why he tested positive

yeah, because I don't think he has much of an explanation other than he did it and didn't think he would get caught