US World Cup Qualifier tonight

For those who care, the U.S. hosts Trinidad and Tobago in their 6th WCQ. A win would put the U.S. in a position that would almost assure a berth in the 2006 WC

Oh, and I think Claudio Reyna is actually going to be playing tonight as well.

Game airs on ESPN2 at 8

Edited by ChiSox_Sonix

QUOTE(farmteam @ Aug 18, 2005 -> 11:45 PM)
Alright, at one time I actually knew/read where he played...but I did have to google it.

Bayer Leverkusen

Yep and if I was him, I'd be angling for a move to say Liverpool right about now, or somewhere in the English Premier League to get more exposure.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Aug 18, 2005 -> 05:10 AM)
Landon, why the hell did I write Lance. Ok, then Mr. Smart Guy, what club in Germany does he play for?  :P

As said it was Leverkusen, which I knew. Of course he is currently on the LA Galaxy so boo on you. Besides, I would own you in international soccer. I keep up on it.

Donovan had his contract bought by the MLS when he requested to leave Bayern due to lack of PT.

As for Freddy Adu, he is on the U.S.'s pool of players (which includes over 100) but has not even been called up to the team one time even to sit on the bench. However, if the U.S clinches a spot with a couple games left I would not be surprised to see Adu get into a game and then having players like Gaven, Quaranta and Twellman getting a significant role as well to see what they can do

Well, Adu IS in the pool (granted, there are over 100). And, if they have two meaningless games that they will just play as friendlys, you know players such as Reyna, Keller, O'Brien, Oneywu, Gibbs, McBride, Beasley and other players in Europe will prolly not play being that the games wouldnt matter and their seasons would be going. I heard someone float that idea back when the U.S. played Guatemala. Now i wouldnt bet on it happening, but I wouldnt be overly shocked either

QUOTE(ChiSox_Sonix @ Aug 18, 2005 -> 09:40 PM)
Well, Adu IS in the pool (granted, there are over 100). And, if they have two meaningless games that they will just play as friendlys, you know players such as Reyna, Keller, O'Brien, Oneywu, Gibbs, McBride, Beasley and other players in Europe will prolly not play being that the games wouldnt matter and their seasons would be going. I heard someone float that idea back when the U.S. played Guatemala. Now i wouldnt bet on it happening, but I wouldnt be overly shocked either

Of course, the main difference between qualifiers and friendlies is subsititutions. Qualifiers -- 3 subs. Friendlies -- 11 subs. Freddy won't play in this round because Bruce thinks he's too young. And Bruce isn't alone.

QUOTE(Mplssoxfan @ Aug 19, 2005 -> 02:47 AM)
Of course, the main difference between qualifiers and friendlies is subsititutions.  Qualifiers -- 3 subs.  Friendlies -- 11 subs.  Freddy won't play in this round because Bruce thinks he's too young.  And Bruce isn't alone.

Too young and not good enough yet. He shows flashes but just doesn't know enough about professional soccer to be able to play at the international level. It's taking him a while to adjust to the pros as is. Then the adjustment to the international level from just the pros is probably comprable in terms of difference in talent.

Edited by danman31