Am I the only one who finds it ironic that...

witesoxfan

I find it funny that he would be on the road when this happens. Thats the one part that keeps me kind of hesitant on it happening immediately. Of course he could simply be there because he lives in that area (I know he went to Stanford so I'm assuming he lives by there or maybe has a place there).

Heck, I dunno, I just know that if its going to happen I want it to happen soon so the Sox can get back to worrying about baseball.

Thats not that ironic. Billy Beane hasnt fleeced us as much as we like to think. Adkins wasnt a great gain but Ray didnt stay in Oakland either. Koch is struggling but we got Cotts and thats important. And Olivos a great pickup. He should be good in the near future. I love his arm, nobody can steal on him...

I find it funny that he would be on the road when this happens. Thats the one part that keeps me kind of hesitant on it happening immediately.  Of course he could simply be there because he lives in that area (I know he went to Stanford so I'm assuming he lives by there or maybe has a place there).

Heck, I dunno, I just know that if its going to happen I want it to happen soon so the Sox can get back to worrying about baseball.

He grew up in San Francisco I believe...

Thats not that ironic. Billy Beane hasnt fleeced us as much as we like to think. Adkins wasnt a great gain but Ray didnt stay in Oakland either. Koch is struggling but we got Cotts and thats important. And Olivos a great pickup. He should be good in the near future. I love his arm, nobody can steal on him...

IMO...Olivo is the only one that will work out. We needed some catching in our system...and got a good one in Olivo. Adkins is a AAAAer, at best, while Durham helped them get to the postseason. Koch was brought in here to close....and the rest were throw ins. Cotts could become a Cy Young winner and Holt could be the home run champion...whoop-dee-f***ing-dee...we still lose. If Koch fails....the trade is lost. Right now, it looks as though Koch is going to fail. Foulke is ripping s*** up....Valentine is ripping s*** up...and MJ is one of the best, if not the best, backup catcher in the league. MJ is quite possibly exactly what we need right now. Send him down to AAA if he had any options left(I believe he did) and let Olivo start to get some work up here OR keep Olivo in AAA and have MJ and Sandy do the catching until Sandy gets hurt. Either would have worked out well.

We have gotten fleeced in every trade but ONE up to this point.

Koch is injured. Once he recovers hell fare well. So Adkins wasnt the best gain but knowing that Ray didnt stay in Oakland its a draw. And Cotts and Holt are good prospects. Cotts tearing it up but Im not sure how Holts doing. And we agree on Olivo so nothing to argue there...

I find it funny that he would be on the road when this happens. Thats the one part that keeps me kind of hesitant on it happening immediately.  Of course he could simply be there because he lives in that area (I know he went to Stanford so I'm assuming he lives by there or maybe has a place there).

Kenny lives in Plainfield.... right down the street from me ;)

Koch is injured. Once he recovers hell fare well. So Adkins wasnt the best gain but knowing that Ray didnt stay in Oakland its a draw. And Cotts and Holt are good prospects. Cotts tearing it up but Im not sure how Holts doing. And we agree on Olivo so nothing to argue there...

Roman, the Olivo trade was good for both teams. You could make an argument that Oakland "won" it because they dealt from a position of depth and got a contributing Major League player two years quicker. The Sox also dealt from a position of depth and got a position player where they had no depth, so I think it is safe to say BOTH teams won that deal.

The Durham deal cannot be considered a wash at all. The Sox gave up Durham and paid most of his salary last year for Adkins who will never likely a make much of a contribution in Chicago if any at all. The kicker to this deal is the cash the Sox had to give up AND the two 1st round draft picks Oakland gets for losing Ray as a free agent. Granted the Sox freed up room to bring Jiminez up, but that doesn't offset cash and draft picks.

The jury is still out on the Koch trade. You cannot argue that "we got Cotts and Holt" so we win the deal. Cotts is doing well, but walks way too many guys. If he doesn't solve that, he will get rocked in the Bigs. If he does, we have a nice pitcher. Holt is not a prospect. Lost in all of this is the fact we lost Valentine, who is having success again in AAA. I am not saying we won or lost that trade, but I certainly don't think it is leaning the Sox way at this point. I felt from the very beginning that swapping Foulke for Koch was a wash at most. Still feel that way.

The thing that madesense to me about the Koch deal, at the time, was that Koch was under our control for the next 3-4 years, where Foulke was a FA after this season.

But then they sign Koch to a 3 year deal... Why couldn't they do this with Keith? And now with Koch throwing about 6 mph less than normal, he has been totally ineffective. So far this trade is looking more and more like the Todd Ritchie deal.

The thing that madesense to me about the Koch deal, at the time, was that Koch was under our control for the next 3-4 years, where Foulke was a FA after this season. 

But then they sign Koch to a 3 year deal... Why couldn't they do this with Keith?  And now with Koch throwing about 6 mph less than normal, he has been totally ineffective.  So far this trade is looking more and more like the Todd Ritchie deal.

Koch only signed a 2 yr deal so we only gained one extra yr, that may be good or may be very bad.

But then they sign Koch to a 3 year deal... Why couldn't they do this with Keith?  And now with Koch throwing about 6 mph less than normal, he has been totally ineffective.  So far this trade is looking more and more like the Todd Ritchie deal.

When Foulke was sent to middle relief never to return again, that punched his ticket out of Chicago. I am guessing he said something KW after a while, and we all know that you can't do that and stay in Chicago.

When Foulke was sent to middle relief never to return again, that punched his ticket out of Chicago.  I am guessing he said something KW after a while, and we all know that you can't do that and stay in Chicago.

I think his contract had a lot to do with him being moved as well.

They are willing to pay key players as long as they toe the line.  Plus they gave so much money to Koch, so why couldn't they have given it to Foulke?

I'm not inside the mind of Williams. He probably didn't like Foulke. :bang

Well before everyone writes off Koch, lets remember that he was one of the best closers in baseball last year and he is still extremely young.

He's been working his ass off with Cooper and they seem to of solved part of the problem and they believe he wasn't kicking off the rubber right.

Guest hotsoxchick1

botch is still an idiot and i dont think that because he was tops last year he can do it again this year.. his attitude is not the best in the world and if you want to know where baby fits of anger get you when things dont go right just ask josh paul what hes been doing lately...............hes a prime example of a kid who could have had it all but lets his anger get in the way... i see alot of that in botch as well........unless someone can turn that attitude of his around or put him in his place he wont amount to much here........id still rather have marte as our closer.........