Thank God for Thursday

spiderman

QUOTE(3E8 @ Aug 18, 2005 -> 02:55 AM)
I hate off days at times like this.  I just stew in misery with no game for a possible win to make me feel better.

When you're feeling down, just think of this: We're 11 games up! I know it feels like we've lost 50 games in a row, but I guarantee you that before the season, you would have done anything to have an 11 game lead on 8/17.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 17, 2005 -> 09:58 PM)
When you're feeling down, just think of this:  We're 11 games up! I know it feels like we've lost 50 games in a row, but I guarantee you that before the season, you would have done anything to have an 11 game lead on 8/17.

I can appreciate what you're saying - I do know that we've had a great season up until right about the all-star break, but we're now 17-18 in our last 35 games. When does this become a trend ?

QUOTE(Chisoxrd5 @ Aug 17, 2005 -> 09:01 PM)
Usually golfing is bad for your baseball swing..but for this team it couldn't come at a better time  :banghead

:lolhitting

also now Hawk can have lunch with JR and get more missives to disperse to the Sox fans (I don't think "Where would we play KGJ?" was totally Hawks)

I think the "this losing streak is exactly what this team needed at this point in the season" is going to start.

Something that upsets me is the crowds the Sox have been getting, they've been big, well behaved and into the games, and they've been dissapointed... hopefully Cy Small and Cy Chacon (as they will be described by Hawk when Sox are popping up the umpteenth hanging curveball) just place the ball on a tee (anyone know what the Yankees rotation is for the series? I'm sure we will get RJ if he's healthy, and he will mysteriously have his first good start in awhile)

QUOTE(spiderman @ Aug 17, 2005 -> 10:11 PM)
I can appreciate what you're saying - I do know that we've had a great season up until right about the all-star break, but we're now 17-18 in our last 35 games. When does this become a trend ?

With a 35 game sample size, I'd say officially it is now a trend, and threatening to become a way of life. We're currently the .500 club everyone predicted we'd be at the start of the season. I don't much care for it.

:gosox1: Dammit!

I couldn't be more pumped to have a full day of packing and no white sox game tomorrow. At this point, a day without a white sox game is a good day.

Also, being 11 up doesn't mean s*** at this point. We all know they're winning the division, but that means NOTHING if you don't make noise in the playoffs. How about we concern ourselves with best record in AL for home field advantage, and just playing good baseball? Saying we're 11 up lends to the thought that people would be happy if we won the division by one game.

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Aug 18, 2005 -> 05:08 AM)
I couldn't be more pumped to have a full day of packing and no white sox game tomorrow. At this point, a day without a white sox game is a good day.

Also, being 11 up doesn't mean s*** at this point. We all know they're winning the division, but that means NOTHING if you don't make noise in the playoffs. How about we concern ourselves with best record in AL for home field advantage, and just playing good baseball? Saying we're 11 up lends to the thought that people would be happy if we won the division by one game.

If we make the playoffs, I'm happy....END OF STORY!

QUOTE(spiderman @ Aug 17, 2005 -> 10:11 PM)

remember everyone saying with the start the Sox had, they could go .500 from here on out and still make the playoffs? well, why not test that theory?

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Aug 18, 2005 -> 07:43 AM)
I'm at a loss of words to describe the above statement.

Wow.

What I mean is that I don't care how they make it, as long as they make it, that's good enough for me. You can lose 30 in a row, but once that first game of the playoffs starts, you're 0-0 that season. It's a hell of a lot better to tank down the stretch and make it than it is to win your last 30 games, and not makeit.

Its time to rally around the troops. We supported them all season and now is not the time to panic. We werent even suppost to be this good. Everyone in baseball said were big shock and no picked us to win anything. Time to change that. Start beliving and getting behind them. Time to win it all.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 17, 2005 -> 09:58 PM)
When you're feeling down, just think of this:  We're 11 games up! I know it feels like we've lost 50 games in a row, but I guarantee you that before the season, you would have done anything to have an 11 game lead on 8/17.

Who are you and what the hell have you done with fathom?!?!?

:P

QUOTE(chisox2334 @ Aug 18, 2005 -> 09:03 AM)
Its time to rally around the troops. We supported them all season and now is not the time to panic. We werent even suppost to be this good. Everyone in baseball said were big shock and no picked us to win anything. Time to change that. Start beliving and getting behind them. Time to win it all.

Even the harshest critics around here are totally behind the team. Me and the other critics all see the same thing: a team thats flat on its ass with no motivation. This is not the time of year to be in that mindset.

QUOTE(Colorado Sox Fan @ Aug 18, 2005 -> 05:11 PM)
The White Sox are about to embark on a momentous stretch that will put the Yankees and Twins in their respective places. They will win 11 of their next 13 games to make the division title nothing more than a formality.

I'll take that bet.