Waiver Wire

RME JICO

QUOTE(WinninUgly @ Aug 17, 2005 -> 09:22 PM)
I know that Griffey keeps coming up in trade rumors, but what about Sweeney at DH or Vizquel at SS?

normally id sya maybe, but who am i joking. we arent adding anyone. why would we after waivers when its 100 times easier before waivers and still didnt get anything done. this is our team.

QUOTE(WinninUgly @ Aug 17, 2005 -> 10:22 PM)
I know that Griffey keeps coming up in trade rumors, but what about Sweeney at DH or Vizquel at SS?

we dont need another DH and Visquel doesnt provide enough pop, Uribe plays solid D and thats about all that Visquel would have to offer us

QUOTE(the People's Champ @ Aug 18, 2005 -> 03:30 AM)
we dont need another DH and Visquel doesnt provide enough pop,  Uribe plays solid D and thats about all that Visquel would have to offer us

We won't get Omar, but he would provide exactly what we need at the bottom of the order: a tough out! We don't need more hitters with pop. What we need our hitters who can execute in situations and not go up swinging weakly at the first pitch. Our left side of the infield blows.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 17, 2005 -> 09:32 PM)
The two guys I think are most likely Sox could get are D. Young and Ibanez.  Both guys are better off playing DH, and both have bad contracts.

lol really not to sound liek hawk.......but id honestly rather have carl playing over both those guys. granted, both are somewhat attractive in that they can help rest guys (especially konerko) and provide better support when resting our OFers than timo, but we'd end up payin a decent amount of money for somethin i dont think is a huge upgrade

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 17, 2005 -> 10:31 PM)
We won't get Omar, but he would provide exactly what we need at the bottom of the order:  a tough out!  We don't need more hitters with pop.  What we need our hitters who can execute in situations and not go up swinging weakly at the first pitch.  Our left side of the infield blows.

dude isnt that much better than Uribe in any offensive category. It wouldnt be worth it to give up what we would need to give up for him