BTK killer took victim's corpse to church

Steff

QUOTE(Queen Prawn @ Aug 18, 2005 -> 07:43 PM)
His sentence seems like a slap on the wrist for what he did.  I don't care that he will likely be dead before the 40 yrs are up and wouldn't be let out regardless.  Life I agree with, but should have been with out any chance of parole.

The sentence should have also included ritual beatings and daily anal rape.

....debating the use of green here....

QUOTE(Queen Prawn @ Aug 18, 2005 -> 07:43 PM)
His sentence seems like a slap on the wrist for what he did.  I don't care that he will likely be dead before the 40 yrs are up and wouldn't be let out regardless.  Life I agree with, but should have been with out any chance of parole.

I'm assuming he got the hard 40 for count ten which means he's got 40 years before he has the opportunity for parole.

Although the Daily Show had a good comment on this whole thing. All the news reports talked about how egotistical he was/is and how all he wanted/wants is attention. Of course they spent nearly 10 hours talking just about that during the coverage.

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Aug 18, 2005 -> 11:31 PM)
I'm assuming he got the hard 40 for count ten which means he's got 40 years before he has the opportunity for parole.

Although the Daily Show had a good comment on this whole thing.  All the news reports talked about how egotistical he was/is and how all he wanted/wants is attention.  Of course they spent nearly 10 hours talking just about that during the coverage.

I just don't understand how someone who committed the crimes he did has any chance of parole whatsoever.

I agree about the attention thing from what I read about his reactions and body language while testifying.

QUOTE(The Critic @ Aug 18, 2005 -> 08:26 PM)
The sentence should have also included ritual beatings and daily anal rape.

....debating the use of green here....

I'm sure everybody knows that will come with the sentence. If he is in with the other convicts, I bet there will be a bunch of guards suddenly leaving him alone with some big ass guys. It would be nice to hear that he is dead within a month of being in prison, and they found him hiding in a corner, bloodied and beaten beyond recognition. But also signs of his having been sitting there for a week.

I do not believe we can advocate violence and condemn violence at the same time. I especially do not believe the government should be in the business of killing citizens. If he is found murdered, I will have the same disdain for his murderer(s) as I do for him. Once we start placing relative values on human life we jump on a slippery slope that leads to all sorts of moral nightmares.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Aug 19, 2005 -> 08:28 AM)
I do not believe we can advocate violence and condemn violence at the same time. I especially do not believe  the government should be in the business of killing citizens. If he is found murdered, I will have the same disdain for his murderer(s) as I do for him. Once we start placing relative values on human life we jump on a slippery slope that leads to all sorts of moral nightmares.

I am not devaluing his life.

He devalued his life through his actions.

He is without worth as a human being, so I can't find any sympathy for what might happen to him.

Two wrongs may not make a right, but a wrong towards another wrong at least doesn't harm anyone innocent or decent.

Hey, the people that would probably kill him I probably already consider scum...so what's one more scummy act for them?

Seriously, what worth is he? I am asking a serious question. He can only contribute nightmares for his family now. He will never again play a part of society, and he sure as hell can't be trusted to go back into society. There were a damn good number of people standing there to have final words with this nightmare of a creature, and if his death will give even 1 of those people a good nights sleep, then I say turn him over to the Grim Reaper and let him have his way. He has destroyed more lives than he ever helped. This is a case where even his family would be able to understand the hatred people have for him. IT is not a case of "he might be innocent". That is the problem with the justice system. We KNOW he did these crimes, he admits he did these crimes, we can tie him to these crimes. Waste no more time or money, let somebody take him out. I have a value for all life. Ask anybody who knows me how often they see me actually kill an insect. But I have NO VALUE for a life that has no respect for another life. This is a human being, he should know the value of life, but he doesn't and he got sexual pleasures out of watching others die, including CHILDREN. One type of creature on the face of this earth that has NO sympathy from me, and only pure hatred, is a child killer, or molester. This creature deserves to die, and in a painful way. Nothing good could ever come from his further existence, and only pain is to be there if he is to continue leeching on the world for air. If that was my daughter hanging, I myself would be asking for the baseball bat to bash that f***ers head in, and I would have NO PROBLEM doing it.

f*** him.

Edited by Kid Gleason

QUOTE(Texsox @ Aug 19, 2005 -> 11:17 AM)
My opinion is grounded in a belief that all human life is precious and no one has the right to take that away. Once we accept humans ending other human's lives, we perpetuate our violence.

I respect your viewpoint, but I can't fully agree.

Once someone does things as heinous as he did, with a complete lack of regard for anyone's feelings, then his life is meaningless and his existence helps no one.

If that was my daughter hanging I honestly could do anything and everything to avenge her.

QUOTE(The Critic @ Aug 19, 2005 -> 12:24 PM)
I respect your viewpoint, but I can't fully agree.

Once someone does things as heinous as he did, with a complete lack of regard for anyone's feelings, then his life is meaningless and his existence helps no one.

If that was my daughter hanging I honestly could do anything and everything to avenge her.

I can fully understand your desire for revenge. But is revenge a moral reason for murder? I think we would be more sympathetic to revenge than sexual gratification as a motive, but that doesn't make it correct.

And don't worry, I can't always fully agree with my stance either. I just know that state sponsored violence isn't any better than any other violence. We are fighting a war in Iraq because we disagree on who is deserving of death. Sadamm had one definition, we have another. By accepting a belief that we are all God's creatures and Thou Shall Not Kill, it makes these debates easier for me.

QUOTE(Steff @ Aug 19, 2005 -> 11:18 AM)
Alright you sumb****es.... don't fight in my thread!!!  :angry:

No fighting from me. I respect Tex too much through these boards to want to "fight" with the guy. I just don't agree.

I think the death penalty can serve it's purpose, and this is one of those cases. I think we are too ready to pull the trigger, but in a case such as this where there is absolutely no doubt, and the only questions are "could he have killed more?", then he is the prime candidate for the death penalty at the same time as sentencing. No tax dollars, no appeals...no nothing. Poof.

I think there is a definite unfairness as to who gets it and who doesn't though. That guy that killed a cop in the heat of a hold-up is going down. But this festering ass-boil will live off the states tax dollars until he dies a natural cause. Only common sense tells you it should be the other way around.

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Aug 19, 2005 -> 12:42 PM)
No fighting from me. I respect Tex too much through these boards to want to "fight" with the guy. I just don't agree.

I think the death penalty can serve it's purpose, and this is one of those cases. I think we are too ready to pull the trigger, but in a case such as this where there is absolutely no doubt, and the only questions are "could he have killed more?", then he is the prime candidate for the death penalty at the same time as sentencing. No tax dollars, no appeals...no nothing. Poof.

I think there is a definite unfairness as to who gets it and who doesn't though. That guy that killed a cop in the heat of a hold-up is going down. But this festering ass-boil will live off the states tax dollars until he dies a natural cause. Only common sense tells you it should be the other way around.

The death penalty has always been lopsided and uneven. I don't think we should give our government the right to decide who should live and die. With too many errors being exposed in our legal system, I can't trust our system.

And I always respect a well thought out and presented opinion so no fight from me.