Quick quesiton-

GreatScott82

Will adding KGJ give our team a good shot in the arm or would it hurt our teams' spirits by making them think KW doesn't think they are good enough to win now?

By reading PK's comments it seems that the clubhouse is soo tight that adding another bat would some how screw up this team.

Well Pauly- i hate to bring this to you- but we are 0-5 in our last 5 games and our hitting is a major reason we are losing soo many damn games lately. Esspecially at home. lost 13 of last 19 home games . :puke

IMO KGJ is just what we need to get back to our winnign ways. And if this whole Guardado thing is true we just might make it past the 1st round.

1.) Junior would be a huge f***ing shot in the arm for this club.

2.) Please don't refer to Konerko's quotes in a negative sense. They guy is saying that they're going to live and die by what they have, that they have confidence in the players currently on the team. He's not saying that he wouldn't welcome a player like Griff onto the team, he's just saying that another bat is not necessary in order for them to succeed, which is the right way to look at it if you're on the team.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Aug 18, 2005 -> 11:20 AM)
Remember the ovation Freddie got when he first came out to pitch his first game last year?

Multiply that by a factor of 8.

You want to welcome a guy into the clubhouse?  Let us do it.

Very well said. PLus a few opposite field hr's never did any wrong.

I think I liked the Griffey Trade threads better last season and in the offseason when someone would start a thread along the lines of "Griffey may be available via trade" and then ten people would pile on saying he was a washed up piece of s*** who would tear his hamstring picking up a newspaper.

These new threads that seem to transcend every sign that he will not be traded here, and where everyone is gawking over him are not near as fun. :lol:

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Aug 18, 2005 -> 10:33 AM)
Tell me this, how can adding Griffey make the O worse than it is right now?

Well Hawk probably thinks it would have no effect as he would never get off the bench for the Sox...Where is he gonna play Los, where???

QUOTE(knightni @ Aug 18, 2005 -> 11:37 AM)
Right now, you'd have Dye in LF, Griffey in CF and ARow in RF with Carl DHing.

Dye and Carl would platoon when Pods gets back.

No way in hell do I move Arow from CF. He's earned that spot. Griff can take the DH spot or play some corner OF. The only time I want Griffey in CF is to give Rowand a rest .

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Aug 18, 2005 -> 12:47 PM)
No way in hell do I move Arow from CF. He's earned that spot. Griff can take the DH spot or play some corner OF. The only time I want Griffey in CF is to give Rowand a rest .

Not if playing CF is contingent on him dropping his no-trade clause.

QUOTE(knightni @ Aug 18, 2005 -> 11:50 AM)

I don't think Griffey would have any problem playing LF. No way in hell do you move Rowand out of center. Griffey plays LF until Pods is healthy, then platoons with Everett at the DH and gives Pods, ARow, and Dye days off every few days...He'll get his ABs and, more importantly, the Sox will start winning all the way to October.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Aug 18, 2005 -> 11:50 AM)
So, basically bench depth going into the post season is a problem?

I don't let Griffey play the field, I DH him and platoon him, Carl and Dye.

why not put him in LF, and platoon Everett, Griffey, and Pods at LF/DH? that way, Pods recovers quicker by not playing the field as much, and Griffey isn't fielding everyday, cutting his chance for injury.

QUOTE(GasHeGone @ Aug 18, 2005 -> 11:54 AM)
I don't think Griffey would have any problem playing LF.  No way in hell do you move Rowand out of center.  Griffey plays LF until Pods is healthy, then platoons with Everett at the DH and gives Pods, ARow, and Dye days off every few days...He'll get his ABs and, more importantly, the Sox will start winning all the way to October.

I wouldnt put KGJ in LF because it is harder on your legs to play corner OF positions, not to mention CF is his only real position. He would be more than ok until PODS gets back and then put him in the DH role and leave Carl for spot duty and PH.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Aug 18, 2005 -> 11:58 AM)
I wouldnt put KGJ in LF because it is harder on your legs to play corner OF positions, not to mention CF is his only real position.  He would be more than ok until PODS gets back and then put him in the DH role and leave Carl for spot duty and PH.

Rock, in regards to your sig, would Griffey wear 30 with the Sox? that is Raines number.

QUOTE(AirScott @ Aug 18, 2005 -> 11:56 AM)
why not put him in LF, and platoon Everett, Griffey, and Pods at LF/DH?  that way, Pods recovers quicker by not playing the field as much, and Griffey isn't fielding everyday, cutting his chance for injury.

Fine, whatever.

I don't see how it could hurt the offense. I see a huge potential upside.

By the way, this is moot, he ain't coming.

QUOTE(knightni @ Aug 18, 2005 -> 11:50 AM)

If that's the case ... screw it. He's not half the defensive CF Rowand is. He was, but not now. This team is about pitching and defense.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Aug 18, 2005 -> 11:58 AM)
I wouldnt put KGJ in LF because it is harder on your legs to play corner OF positions, not to mention CF is his only real position.  He would be more than ok until PODS gets back and then put him in the DH role and leave Carl for spot duty and PH.

I used to believe this as well. But I can't find anything that proves this theory other than J.D. Drew and the Dodgers training staff saying it's worse on your legs to play corner OF. I'm a little skeptical now.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Aug 18, 2005 -> 05:06 PM)
If that's the case ... screw it.  He's not half the defensive CF Rowand is.  He was, but not now.  This team is about pitching and defense.

You are right, but we need some offense to win. And we haven't seen crap for offense lately, or when we do see offense our pitching fails. We need to get back on the same page. Its a shame Griffey will not be joining us this season. We really can use a guy with his offensive calliber in our lineup.

Have you guys noticed that we are 0-5 without Pods in the lineup? Tells you how important he is to this team.

QUOTE(GreatScott82 @ Aug 18, 2005 -> 12:12 PM)
You are right, but we need some offense to win. And we haven't seen crap for offense lately, or when we do see offense our pitching fails. We need to get back on the same page.  Its a shame Griffey will not be joining us this season. We really can use a guy with his offensive calliber in our lineup.

Have you guys noticed that we are 0-5 without Pods in the lineup? Tells you how important he is to this team.

This team is also about team. If Griffey doesn't want to come here because we won't dislodge Rowand, then, as I said, screw it.