Quick quesiton-

GreatScott82

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Aug 18, 2005 -> 10:12 AM)
I used to believe this as well. But I can't find anything that proves this theory other than J.D. Drew and the Dodgers training staff saying it's worse on your legs to play corner OF. I'm a little skeptical now.

I have no idea how it works either, but the exact same thing has been said repeatedly about Griffey as well as Drew - that you don't want him playing anywhere but CF (and it's been said in places other than here)

I have decided to keep the sound down on the broadcasts and listen to rooney and farmer after hearing the "WHERE WOULD HE PLAY" crap or the "WELL THE BOSTON RED SOX HAVE A GOOD OFFENSE, BUT LETS GO OVER POSITIONS SO I CAN TELL YOU HOW I WOULD SELECT EVERY MEMBER OF THE s***TY HITTING WHITESOX OVER HITTING STUDS"

And for next years soxfest, THIS IS THE BEST WHITESOX TEAM I HAVE EVER BEEN AROUND, THIS IS THE BEST SOXFEST I HAVE BEEN AROUND, KENNY WILLIAMS IS THE SMARTEST MAN IN THE WORLD,

Hopefully we get KGJ. When Frank came back this team hit over 270 for two months. In the previous months we hit in the 250s. Now after he goes down we hit in the 230s.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 18, 2005 -> 12:30 PM)
I have decided to keep the sound down on the broadcasts and listen to rooney and farmer after hearing the "WHERE WOULD HE PLAY" crap or the "WELL THE BOSTON RED SOX HAVE A GOOD OFFENSE, BUT LETS GO OVER POSITIONS SO I CAN TELL YOU HOW I WOULD SELECT EVERY MEMBER OF THE s***TY HITTING WHITESOX OVER HITTING STUDS" 

And for next years soxfest, THIS IS THE BEST WHITESOX TEAM I HAVE EVER BEEN AROUND, THIS IS THE BEST SOXFEST I HAVE BEEN AROUND, KENNY WILLIAMS IS THE SMARTEST MAN IN THE WORLD,

Hopefully we get KGJ.  When Frank came back this team hit over 270 for two months.  In the previous months we hit in the 250s.  Now after he goes down we hit in the 230s.

now this could be a culmination of alot of things, even steroids for all i know, but just look at rowand and uribe last year to this year. these guys hit 24 and 23 homers, and this year they are gonna end up with 13. it sure was nice for pitchers to have to throw fastball strikes to those guys when we had big boppers behind them. if you ask me adding griffey into the lineup has a trickle down effect on everyone. and maybe mostly on konerko. plus with griffey you can stagger the lineup pods L, iguchi R, griffey L, konerko R, AJ L, dye R, carl S (if no aaron) uribe and crede. that means you are gonna be forcin some good matchups vs. other bullpens, or forcing the other manager to only use a few guys for 1 out

Edited by daa84

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Aug 18, 2005 -> 11:47 AM)
No way in hell do I move Arow from CF. He's earned that spot. Griff can take the DH spot or play some corner OF. The only time I want Griffey in CF is to give Rowand a rest .

jr cant play the corner of spots or 1b, which is why we havent moved him. 1b causes him to do too much instant stretching and the corner outfield spots causes him to throw on the breaks and many other things that are bad for his leg. the running is not the problem