Division

tony72

I keep hearing Ozzie, Hawk, DJ, etc...talk about how.."well it is good that we are resting so and so for the playoffs...come playoff time this player will need to, etc."..

It almost seems that there is this mentality that it is September 18th (not August 18th) and that the division has been clinched and we can just coast along...

How secure do you think making the playoffs are? I know that we have about a 95 % chance..but still...teams have blown huge leads late in the season..

I almost wish the lead would shrink somewhat to wake this team up out of its trace and also Kenny Williams would do something (another bat...I know he tried..but the Sox never seem to have that go for it mentality that other teams have..)...

Am I just worrying? that the lead will just naturally fluctuate between ten and fifteen games? I am not panicking..but I am getting kind of tired of the complacency I see from the White Sox...

Any thoughts?

Looks like I have an apprentice. I've been saying this for nearly a month, since the time where more people were concerned about facing the A's in the playoffs or making sure we rest guys like Pods and Hermanson. 10.5 is not a guaranteed lead, and there's no guarantee we play even .500 baseball the rest of the way. Enough with the excuses by everyone, we just need to win some f***ing games!

Edited by fathom

The division is in hand. Simple as that.

Yeah, yeah, go back in history and find some teams that blew 10+ game leads down the strech, but this team is not built to crumble after posting the best record in baseball for nearly the entire season.

Say what you will about the guy, but, I just don't think Ozzie will allow that to happen.

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Aug 18, 2005 -> 03:14 PM)
The division is in hand.  Simple as that.

Yeah, yeah, go back in history and find some teams that blew 10+ game leads down the strech, but this team is not built to crumble after posting the best record in baseball for nearly the entire season.

Say what you will about the guy, but, I just don't think Ozzie will allow that to happen.

I don't think Ozzie will let this happen either. He seems pretty intent on making sure that everyone gets a chance to play. We'll pull out of this slump.

QUOTE(WilliamTell @ Aug 18, 2005 -> 03:50 PM)
I don't think Ozzie will let this happen either.

What does that mean? Is Ozzie going to start pinch hitting and driving in runs because no one else is doing s***. If anything, Ozzie is helping this team look like s*** by playing all these dopey lineups each night. But remember...I am the king of pessimism and that's no larbage.