Easiest HR Parks

jasonxctf

Per ESPN.com... (Rank easiest to hardest)

This is our first year not either #1 or #2

1. Cleveland

2. Colorado

3. St. Louis

4. Oakland

5. Arizona

6. Chicago AL

1. Chicago AL

2. Chicago NL

3. Arizona

4. Colorado

5. Philadelphia

6. Atlanta

1. Colorado

2. Chicago AL

3. Milwaukee

4. LA Dodgers

5. Cincy

6. Texas

1. Colorado

2. Chicago AL

3. Milwaukee

4. LA Dodgers

5. Texas

6. Boston

1. Chicago AL

2. Chicago NL

3. Arizona

4. Colorado

5. Atlanta

6. Toronto

QUOTE(Ozzie Montana @ Aug 18, 2005 -> 03:55 PM)
wow

not sure how those are calculated, but it can be very misleading if its simply homers per game. obviously with a good pitching staff and a speed team that would go down. i know some stat sites calculated them based on a "control" in which the control is the number of home runs the team gives up and hits on the road, so they are all normaled against a curve.

Some of this is probably due to the continuing upgrades in the park...you add in the Fundamentals area and the scout seats and you're going to change the air flow patterns.

Usually these are calculated based on whether or not a team's home run numbers go up or down when they go on the road into that park, not based on how the home team does...otherwise Texas and NY would be dominating this year.

And also...some portion of this may very well be due to our pitching staff being so much better than last year.

Humm,I would think that Houston's Minute Maid Park would be up there with the short left field "sand box"-like stands.

But Balta's right.The changes to the Cell did something to the wind pattern,plus no Maggs or Lee this year.All of a sudden,the Cell became Old Comiskey as far as HR's go....except the roofshots (of course).

Yep and of course don't forget about the better pitching from the White Sox from their starters AND relievers. Of course when you looked at Contreras's numbers last year and who we had in the #5 spot, it was always something that was going to be improved.

QUOTE(WSNS-TV44 @ Aug 20, 2005 -> 01:58 AM)
Humm,I would think that Houston's Minute Maid Park would be up there with the short left field "sand box"-like stands.

Probably because Bagwell's missed pretty much all of the season, and Lance Berkman started out real slow. Besides those 2, Morgan Ensberg is their only real other main power hitter.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Aug 19, 2005 -> 11:01 AM)
Yep and of course don't forget about the better pitching from the White Sox from their starters AND relievers. Of course when you looked at Contreras's numbers last year and who we had in the #5 spot, it was always something that was going to be improved.

The #5 Spot.I remember the bad old days when guys like Danny "Can't do it" Wright,Arnie Munoz,plus other guys called up from Charlotte would get hammered that day.Gives me nightmares just remembering that.

QUOTE(WSNS-TV44 @ Aug 20, 2005 -> 02:05 AM)
The #5 Spot.I remember the bad old days when guys like Danny "Can't do it" Wright,Arnie Munoz,plus other guys called up from Charlotte would get hammered that day.Gives me nightmares just remembering that.

And with all of the pessimism and "The Sky is Falling" threads etc. people should just sit back, take a deep breath, and remember those days when Arnie Munoz gives up 10+ runs in a couple of innings.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Aug 19, 2005 -> 11:08 AM)
And with all of the pessimism and "The Sky is Falling" threads etc. people should just sit back, take a deep breath, and remember those days when Arnie Munoz gives up 10+ runs in a couple of innings.

AAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

SOMEBODY,PLEASE HELP ME STOP REMEMBERING THIS!!!!!!!!!

Edited by WSNS-TV44

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Aug 19, 2005 -> 10:08 AM)
And with all of the pessimism and "The Sky is Falling" threads etc. people should just sit back, take a deep breath, and remember THAT DAY when Arnie Munoz gives up 10+ runs in a couple of innings.

fixed.

i think arnie get such a bum wrap because of that one outing. he had mind boggling numbers at bham, and currently has teh best ERA of any starter at charlotte. remember how impressed sosa was with him (i know its sosa but still) when he was rehabbing. hell prolly end up being a bullpen arm, but i think he still has some solid potential