minor league speed

RockRaines

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Aug 19, 2005 -> 03:54 PM)
I think he'll turn out to be a very good #4 OFer. Though people were saying the same thing about Rowand.

IMO rowand isnt THAT much better than a 4th OFer. i think offensively hes a decent 3rd guy in the OF. not many teams in the league play an OFer with a .333 obp and a .412 slugging....not many playoff teams at least

Edited by daa84

QUOTE(daa84 @ Aug 19, 2005 -> 10:34 PM)
IMO rowand isnt THAT much better than a 4th OFer. i think offensively hes a decent 3rd guy in the OF. not many teams in the league play an OFer with a .333 obp and a .412 slugging....not many playoff teams at least

I think it has to do with which Rowand is the REAL Rowand the '04: .905 OPS Rowand or the '05: .748 OPS Rowand. A .905 OPS CF with *gasp* Gold Glove defense is hard to find.

QUOTE(Jake @ Aug 20, 2005 -> 04:05 PM)
Mike Caruso was fast.

He stole 66 Bases in 6 years in the minors. He stole 34 bases in 3 years in the majors. He stole 22 bases for the Sox in '98 and stole 24 for Bellington in '96.

Mike Caruso WAS fast.

What's your point?

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Aug 20, 2005 -> 07:18 PM)
He stole 66 Bases in 6 years in the minors. He stole 34 bases in 3 years in the majors. He stole 22 bases for the Sox in '98 and stole 24 for Bellington in '96.

Mike Caruso WAS fast.

What's your point?

He was faster than fast. Caruso was a really fast player.

QUOTE(danman31 @ Aug 19, 2005 -> 05:14 PM)
I'm not sold on Owens yet. His steal numbers are not that great and he plays in a huge park which is great for slap hitters.

His BA, OBP, looks pretty nice to me, the steals will come. PODS didnt start swiping at his age.