Early Choice of 2008 Candidate

Texsox

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Aug 19, 2005 -> 12:55 PM)
McCain/Fiengold  Get er done.

McCain/almost any leading Dem would be the sexiest match up ever. I'd even pass on Hammer for a McCain ticket. I have such a man crush on him :wub: But the Hammer would be awesome for finishing the division in this country. Just smash through and say WTF, so we're divided, your side lost, get over it.

Stolen from my Y201 prof's blog:

"I know it is early, but if the Democratic primary for president were held today, which of the following would you support for the Democratic nomination for president? . . . " (Ipsos-Public Affairs poll. Dec. 17-19, 2004. Nationwide.)

Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton 33

Senator John Kerry 19

Senator John Edwards 15

Retired General Wesley Clark 11

Governor Bill Richardson 3

Senator Evan Bayh 2

Senator Russ Feingold 1

Governor Tom Vilsack 1

Governor Mark Warner 0

Other (vol.) 3

Unsure 9

That rotating sound you hear is William Jennings Bryan rolling over in his grave. Even Mondale and Dukakis are probably s***ting themselves laughing. Is this it? Is this really the best of what they have to offer? An intolerable b**** who used to be First Lady and three losers from the 2004 race (followed by the usual smattering of Governors that no one knows). Great. Good luck with that.

I'm so voting for Josef Stalin now.

CNN/USA Today/Gallup Poll. Aug. 5-7, 2005. Nationwide.

"Next, I'm going to read a list of people who may be running in the Republican primary for president in the next election. After I read all the names, please tell me which of those candidates you would be most likely to support for the Republican nomination for president in the year 2008: Virginia Senator George Allen, Kansas Senator Sam Brownback, Tennessee Senator Bill Frist, former New York City mayor Rudy Giuliani, Nebraska Senator Chuck Hagel, Arizona Senator John McCain, New York Governor George Pataki, Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice, Massachusetts Governor Mitt Romney." Names rotated. N=406 Republicans and Republicans leaners who are registered to vote, MoE ± 5.

Rudy Giuliani 27

John McCain 24

Condoleezza Rice 19

Bill Frist 9

Mitt Romney 4

George Pataki 3

George Allen 3

Sam Brownback 2

Chuck Hagel -

None (vol.) 2

All/Any (vol.) 1

Unsure 6

"Next, I'm going to read a list of people who may be running in the Democratic primary for president in the next election. After I read all the names, please tell me which of those candidates you would be most likely to support for the Democratic nomination for president in the year 2008: Indiana Senator Evan Bayh, Delaware Senator Joe Biden, retired general Wesley Clark, New York Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton, former North Carolina senator John Edwards, Massachusetts Senator John Kerry, New Mexico Governor Bill Richardson, Virginia Governor Mark Warner." Names rotated. N=424 Democrats and Democratic leaners who are registered to vote; MoE ± 5.

Hillary Rodham Clinton 40

John Kerry 16

John Edwards 15

Joe Biden 9

Wesley Clark 5

Bill Richardson 3

Evan Bayh 3

Mark Warner 2

None (vol.) 2

All/Any (vol.) 1

Unsure 4