Sox v. Yanks 8/19/05 Official Game Thread

bjm676

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 19, 2005 -> 06:55 PM)
One day, Crede's going to learn that when a sinker pitcher is on the mound, you have to guard the line.

Took the words out of my mouth. But I was saying cuz Sheff is strictly a pull hitter and a single would score Cano anyway, but guard from letting the go ahead run get to 2nd.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Aug 20, 2005 -> 12:56 AM)
Exaggerate much?

Not at all. When Crede is struggling, no one puts a worse AB together than Crede. Some guys might be struggling, but at least they'll make the pitcher works. Crede would rather just pop up the first pitch weakly on the infield than to actually be a tough out.

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Aug 19, 2005 -> 06:48 PM)
They all at the game??    :huh

Tomorrow is the annual get together where I think the regulars from the other boards and here tailgate before hand.

I'm going but not to that. Got a skybox suite, I know you're happy for me.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 19, 2005 -> 07:03 PM)
Who's Hawk trying to convince more:  Sox fans or himself?

Probably himself. I have to have the radio on with the TV. Hawk and DJ annoy me. I bet DJ would be good with a legit PBP guy.

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Aug 20, 2005 -> 01:05 AM)
What did he say now? I have Farmer and Rooney on.

Just how amazing our outfield is. Then, he went on his rant how great it is that this is our first 5 game losing streak of the season. I'm sure the KC announcers were saying how great it was to have their first 18 game losing streak also. It's fine that Hawk is comfortable that the team is slumping, but he keeps repeating the same s*** every game.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 20, 2005 -> 12:58 AM)
Not at all.  When Crede is struggling, no one puts a worse AB together than Crede.  Some guys might be struggling, but at least they'll make the pitcher works.  Crede would rather just pop up the first pitch weakly on the infield than to actually be a tough out.

LOL, Ok. He's not good offensively, but you're grossly exagerating worst in the league. Afterall, we're playing a team that plays Tony Womack pretty regularly.

But I do agree with you about 'Hawk. Seems like he's trying to convince himself, not us.

I'd listen to Rooney and Farmer, but I watch all/most games on HDTV, and it's a good six seconds behind the radio.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Aug 20, 2005 -> 01:10 AM)
LOL, Ok.  He's not good offensively, but you're grossly exagerating worst in the league.  Afterall, we're playing a team that plays Tony Womack pretty regularly.

But I do agree with you about 'Hawk.  Seems like he's trying to convince himself, not us.

I'd listen to Rooney and Farmer, but I watch all/most games on HDTV, and it's a good six seconds behind the radio.

At least Womack has the ability to lay down a bunt or get the runner over. Crede has been a disaster at trying to advance runners this season.