Sox v. Yanks 8/19/05 Official Game Thread

bjm676

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(JimH @ Aug 19, 2005 -> 08:09 PM)
They are pressing at the plate big time and yes, it makes every pitcher look better no doubt.  However, this guy is how many games over .500 for his career?  Probably about 80?

I agree Jim, but some of the pitches the Sox have been swinging at are just ridiculous. Most of our guys look completely lost at the plate, the only one that was swinging the bat well was Konerko....and he's gone.

Mussina is a good pitcher, but there is no way a Major League team should be swinging at the pitches we've seen the Sox swing at the last few games.

CWSOX45

I agree Jim, but some of the pitches the Sox have been swinging at are just ridiculous. Most of our guys look completely lost at the plate, the only one that was swinging the bat well was Konerko....and he's gone.

Mussina is a good pitcher, but there is no way a Major League team should be swinging at the pitches we've seen the Sox swing at the last few games.

CWSOX45

I agree with you, there is no arguing these poor results by the Sox hitters. They are pressing and when a hitter presses, they do dumb things.

QUOTE(JimH @ Aug 19, 2005 -> 08:11 PM)
I agree with you, there is no arguing these poor results by the Sox hitters.  They are pressing and when a hitter presses, they do dumb things.

What pisses me off is how garland and our pitchers pitch their asses off, like tonight and in the 16 inning game against the twins, and our offense can't push a damn run across the plate when we need it most...

This team needs a new bat in the line-up.

Kenny is delusional if he thinks it's safe to go with what we have in October....

CWSOX45

That was his first 1-2-3 inning and you have an umpire who has been tight with the strike zone for both teams. What does that tell you ... the Yankees hitters are smarter than the White Sox hitters. I guess all that payroll money is at least good for that. Giambi has a great eye at the plate, for one. So does Jeter, Sheffield is pretty damn selective too.

QUOTE(SouthSidePride05 @ Aug 20, 2005 -> 02:16 AM)
I feel a comeback in the bottom of the 7th..

Due up: Crede, Blum, & Uribe

Hmmm.. I'll take that back..  This is a nightmare!  I can't believe this is happening. 

:pray

Don't forget Timo if we get someone on base!!

I put Timo in a search engine today, guess what, this site comes up #1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, and 7 ... his name is mentioned here constantly.

QUOTE(JimH @ Aug 19, 2005 -> 08:16 PM)
That was his first 1-2-3 inning and you have an umpire who has been tight with the strike zone for both teams.  What does that tell you ... the Yankees hitters are smarter than the White Sox hitters.  I guess all that payroll money is at least good for that.  Giambi has a great eye at the plate, for one.  So does Jeter, Sheffield is pretty damn selective too.

Well, they most certainly have an offense that is better than ours.

QUOTE(CWSOX45 @ Aug 19, 2005 -> 08:15 PM)
What pisses me off is how garland and our pitchers pitch their asses off, like tonight and in the 16 inning game against the twins, and our offense can't push a damn run across the plate when we need it most...

CWSOX45

Our picthing blew that game.