Sox v. Yanks 8/19/05 Official Game Thread

bjm676

QUOTE(Brian @ Aug 19, 2005 -> 08:18 PM)
Our picthing blew that game.

But youre telling me a major league team can't score another run in 7 more innings of play? Our pitching was the only reason we were around for 16 innings.

CWSOX45

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 19, 2005 -> 08:20 PM)
Our hitting blew that game.  If your pitching holds the other team scoreless thru the 10th to 15th inning, you should be able to win.

If you have a lead in the ninth inning you should be able to win too.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Aug 20, 2005 -> 02:21 AM)
If you have a lead in the ninth inning you should be able to win too.

Yeah, but I'm not going to go off on Hermanson. He's had a great year, and even though he's gotten away with all sorts of meatballs lately, it just sucks that was the game he finally got burned.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Aug 19, 2005 -> 08:23 PM)
You guys are acting like KW didn't think we needed to get KGJ. He tried. It didn't work out. There owner didn't want to give them up.

True, but KGJ is not the only bat out there that could help this team.....I think any bat could help this team.

CWSOX45

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 19, 2005 -> 08:22 PM)
Yeah, but I'm not going to go off on Hermanson.  He's had a great year, and even though he's gotten away with all sorts of meatballs lately, it just sucks that was the game he finally got burned.

He's been awesome this year. Incredible. But he still blew it. That was his fault. That doesn't make him bad or anything like that. It's still his fault though.

If I see Timo leading off tomorrow, I'm charging the dugout and strangling Ozzie.

ANYBODY but Timo could lead off. Rowand, Iguchi, I know they are not ideal lead off guys, but they have to be a better option. Play Anderson in LF.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Aug 20, 2005 -> 02:23 AM)
You guys are acting like KW didn't think we needed to get KGJ. He tried. It didn't work out. There owner didn't want to give them up.

Yes, but when it became obvious the owner didn't want to part with him, he should have gone on to plan B/C/D/E. Don't forget that this team had been planning on placing Pods on the DL for quite a while. Quite simply, we took our foot off of the accelerator, and we don't have enough talent to make up for the coasting attitude.

QUOTE(CWSOX45 @ Aug 19, 2005 -> 08:24 PM)
True, but KGJ is not the only bat out there that could help this team.....I think any bat could help this team.

CWSOX45

And you honestly think Kenny's not trying to get something done?

I mean you guys make it sound like he can just go to TB and say, "I want Huff. Give him to me. Thanks"

Teams were, and still are asking for a hell of a lot this year.

Edited by jphat007

QUOTE(Brian @ Aug 20, 2005 -> 02:24 AM)
If I see Timo leading off tomorrow, I'm charging the dugout and strangling Ozzie.

ANYBODY but Timo could lead off. Rowand, Iguchi, I know they are not ideal lead off guys, but they have to be a better option. Play Anderson in LF.

Timo has one of our hits, and worked the count a few other times. You have to be nuts to think he won't be playing. Crede needs to just go away. I highly doubt PK will be playing tomorrow, as Ozzie likes to sit guys for one more game than they say they have to be out. Who knows, PK might be seriously hurt.

QUOTE(Brian @ Aug 19, 2005 -> 08:24 PM)

Timo will start every game as the leadoff and LF unless its a lefty. Then Anderson will start and Ozuna will leadoff probably playing 3rd.

Timo must be a jedi because he really has Ozzie fooled on his talent level.