Sox v. Yanks 8/19/05 Official Game Thread

bjm676

Well last year at this time we took a dumper when we got swept by the twinks at home. We lost 7 in a row. I felt like we lost 100 in a row.

We are only one off that pace. Last year it was our pitching that failed in that streak. Our hitters without Thomas or Maggs and Borchard in RF still hit 262 as a team.

We lose Pods and now our team crumbles. We are pitching still good enough to win. If we had the tampa bay offense or even the KC Royal Offense we would still win a fair share of these games. But not with the CORPSEBALL KIDS. We are lucky to see a few hits, and every pitcher can have at least 6 Ks against us.

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(WilliamTell @ Aug 19, 2005 -> 10:02 PM)
I like your positive thinking, but right now I think it's impossible to feel good about this team. I remember when losing 3 in a row was terrible, losing 6 in a row is hard to think of a word.

Positive thinking is the only thing that going to get me throw this stretch so far it is working because i know for a fact i would feel like s*** if i wasent positive right now.

From the beginning of the season, the Sox never had to play under pressure. They quickly went up around 16 games over .500 with the two 8-game winning streaks, and from then on, they played with a cushion.. very loose..laughing, dancing in the dugout, and coming to the plate without a worry in the world. And knowing Frank was about to return to the lineup, that was even more of a reason not to worry.

For the first time in 2005, they're playing with a little pressure.. and it's not pretty. They want to win these games just as much as us diehards want the win. They're tight at the plate, and all of a sudden, everyone in the lineup looks lost. It's contagious throughout the lineup.

I really don't know what's gonna take them out of this losing streak. We need El Duque to step it up and keep the Yankees from scoring more than 1 run. Tomorrow's huge! And it's all on Fox! :gosoxretro:

Edited by SouthSidePride05

QUOTE(ScottPodRulez22 @ Aug 19, 2005 -> 10:12 PM)
Positive thinking is the only thing that going to get me throw this stretch so far it is working because i know for a fact i would feel like s*** if i wasent positive right now.

Huh? Is this Ozzie?

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 19, 2005 -> 09:11 PM)
But not with the CORPSEBALL KIDS.  We are lucky to see a few hits, and every pitcher can have at least 6 Ks against us.

Well I don't think its good when a guy like AJP has already struck out twice as much as he did last year and is looking to break his career high by quite a few more this season. Is it just his attitude has changed or is it really Walk??

It doesn't even matter how we do in the post, if Ozzie and KW think the sox offense can play smart ball, small ball, kick me in my ass ball, they got something else coming to them. They need guys who are patient and hit for a decent avg throughout the season.

QUOTE(CYGarland @ Aug 20, 2005 -> 03:15 AM)
This is a very sad offense to watch right now, plain and simple. KW HAS to get another bat or 2, or this dream season could end up in disaster.  :o

I think it's too late to get some real offensive help. Dmitri Young might be the best option, but that 8 million dollar option for next year is not a good investment.

QUOTE(CYGarland @ Aug 19, 2005 -> 09:15 PM)
This is a very sad offense to watch right now, plain and simple. KW HAS to get another bat or 2, or this dream season could end up in disaster.  :o

They will pitch around that bat or 2... if they are decent. the rest of the team is bad..... not hard to pitch around 2 guys. Dont wast talent for the same result.

QUOTE(CYGarland @ Aug 19, 2005 -> 09:15 PM)

He had months to get a Bat. But he listened to Ozzie and the chemistry line.

Well we are beyond the waiver deadline and we got no help. Now he might get shutout because of this. I still keep going back to Soxfest when KW talked about saving money on Fas in the offseason was like putting money in the bank for the stretch run in June/July. It would give us flexibility. Geoff Blumm is not what I had in mind when he said that comment.

I think I'm going to email Hawk tomorrow, and ask him, "Where Would He Play?".

Damn, I gotta cash in on this. WWHP bracelets will be out before ya know it...

It'll be like "What Would Jesus Do?", except, in baseball terms. We'll make millions. License plates, t-shirts, EVERYTHING!!!

Edited by CWSGuy406

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Aug 19, 2005 -> 10:18 PM)
I think I'm going to email Hawk tomorrow, and ask him, "Where Would He Play?".

Damn, I gotta cash in on this.  WWHP bracelets will be out before ya know it...

It'll be like "What Would Jesus Do?", except, in baseball terms.  We'll make millions.  License plates, t-shirts, EVERYTHING!!!

Brilliant!!

This really shows how much Podsednik helped the team in the first half... when he was 100%. Every time he got on base, he distracted the pitcher, no matter who was on the mound. Iguchi was solid throughout the entire first half, mainly because he was batting on a distracted pitcher... and that's what sparked the offense.

When's his first day back? We need him bad!

QUOTE(Ozzie Montana @ Aug 20, 2005 -> 03:20 AM)
looks like he's gunna let this crap go on

And admit that we need help? KW and Ozzie are both very egotistical executives. We're going to live or die with the players we have....and if this ship sinks, KW and Ozzie should go down with it.

QUOTE(SouthSidePride05 @ Aug 19, 2005 -> 10:21 PM)
This really shows how much Podsednik helped the team in the first half... when he was 100%. Every time he got on base, he distracted the pitcher, no matter who was on the mound.  Iguchi was solid throughout the entire first half, mainly because he was batting on a distracted pitcher... and that's what sparked the offense. 

When's his first day back?  We need him bad!

september 1st from what im hearing

QUOTE(SouthSidePride05 @ Aug 20, 2005 -> 03:21 AM)
This really shows how much Podsednik helped the team in the first half... when he was 100%. Every time he got on base, he distracted the pitcher, no matter who was on the mound.  Iguchi was solid throughout the entire first half, mainly because he was batting on a distracted pitcher... and that's what sparked the offense. 

This is so much more than Podsednik. Will Podsednik make our left side of the infield get a hit? Will Podsednik get Dye's head out of his ass? Will Podsednik allow Rowand to hit right handed pitching? Will Podsednik help our defense from costly mishaps? Will Podsednik allow Ozzie to get a better handle on when to pull starting pitchers? Will Podsednik help our starting pitcher avoid the big inning?

QUOTE(SouthSidePride05 @ Aug 19, 2005 -> 09:21 PM)

They hit 250 as a team in April and May. Pods is a good leadoff guy and everything. But this slump is not because Pods disappeared. Pods is not the reason these guys are swinging at breaking pitches in the dirt. Pods is not the reason they cannot take a pitch or work a count. Pods is not the reason they are popping up.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 19, 2005 -> 09:18 PM)
He had months to get a Bat.  But he listened to Ozzie and the chemistry line.

Well we are beyond the waiver deadline and we got no help.  Now he might get shutout because of this.  I still keep going back to Soxfest when KW talked about saving money on Fas in the offseason was like putting money in the bank for the stretch run in June/July.  It would give us flexibility.  Geoff Blumm is not what I had in mind when he said that comment.

im in complete agreement with you. i know there are gonna be a million posts now in response to my post and yours saying "oh well the trade market was soooo bad. lamarr is nuts! nobody traded for anyone good" the fact of the matter is that kenny could have made a move before the deadline. maybe the market sucked, it just means kenny had to pony up and deal a little more off. i personally feel that there is no way in the near future that the white sox will have 1/2 as good of a chance as they do now, so imo a move had to be made to get it done this year.