Sox v. Yanks 8/19/05 Official Game Thread

bjm676

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 19, 2005 -> 10:23 PM)
This is so much more than Podsednik. Will Podsednik make our left side of the infield get a hit?  Will Podsednik get Dye's head out of his ass?  Will Podsednik allow Rowand to hit right handed pitching?  Will Podsednik help our defense from costly mishaps?  Will Podsednik allow Ozzie to get a better handle on when to pull starting pitchers?  Will Podsednik help our starting pitcher avoid the big inning?

No but podsednik could wake this team up which would fix all of those probelms except maybe ozzie decsions pitching wise.

Edited by ScottPodRulez22

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 19, 2005 -> 10:23 PM)
This is so much more than Podsednik. Will Podsednik make our left side of the infield get a hit?  Will Podsednik get Dye's head out of his ass?  Will Podsednik allow Rowand to hit right handed pitching?  Will Podsednik help our defense from costly mishaps?  Will Podsednik allow Ozzie to get a better handle on when to pull starting pitchers?  Will Podsednik help our starting pitcher avoid the big inning?

Of course. Podsednik was able to do all those things before he went on the DL.

QUOTE(Ozzie Montana @ Aug 19, 2005 -> 09:24 PM)
Dont look now, the Twins and Indians win and have made some serious ground.

Tribe 9 1/2 back

Twins 10 1/2 back

When is panic time?

id say when it gets to 6 games. if it gets to 6. especially with all the games we have to play against the twins still

QUOTE(ScottPodRulez22 @ Aug 20, 2005 -> 03:24 AM)
No but podsednik could wake this team up which would fix all of those probelms except maybe ozzie decsions pitching wise.

Well, if Pods is that mighty, we might as well make him President of the United States. If we're expecting things to get better just cause Pods returns to this team, we're definitely desperate.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 19, 2005 -> 10:24 PM)
They hit 250 as a team in April and May.  Pods is a good leadoff guy and everything.  But this slump is not because Pods disappeared.  Pods is not the reason these guys are swinging at breaking pitches in the dirt.  Pods is not the reason they cannot take a pitch or work a count.  Pods is not the reason they are popping up.

I feel Pods is a huge reason this team thinks the only way they can score is via the HR.

Fathom, no need to post Pods run totals. I know; you've said it a billion times. I just feel Pods made it easier for the team to realize that they were able to score via a basehit, bunt, or sac fly.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 19, 2005 -> 10:26 PM)
Well, if Pods is that mighty, we might as well make him President of the United States.  If we're expecting things to get better just cause Pods returns to this team, we're definitely desperate.

PODS FOR PREZ

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Aug 20, 2005 -> 03:26 AM)
I feel Pods is a huge reason this team thinks the only way they can score is via the HR.

Fathom, no need to post Pods run totals.  I know; you've said it a billion times.  I just feel Pods made it easier for the team to realize that they were able to score via a basehit, bunt, or sac fly.

Fair enough, but you can't score via basehit/bunt/sac fly if you can't get on base. The bottom of our order has been a flat out disgrace.

Lets face it. Ozzieball...smartball...whatever you want to call it. What a farse. This team does nothing smart offensively. They relied on 1 guy to get on base and try to disrupt things. Without him they do absolutley nothing that I would consider smartball.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 19, 2005 -> 09:26 PM)
Well, if Pods is that mighty, we might as well make him President of the United States.  If we're expecting things to get better just cause Pods returns to this team, we're definitely desperate.

fathom i have to agree with you and i hate to say this, cuz i know how many people are gonna take offense to what i am about to say and slam me and call me probably everything from a pessimist to a cub-lover, but scott podsednik may be the most overrated player by the fans (by the fans key phrase) ive seen on this team in a long long time

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Aug 19, 2005 -> 09:26 PM)

Fathom, no need to post Pods run totals.  I know; you've said it a billion times.  I just feel Pods made it easier for the team to realize that they were able to score via a basehit, bunt, or sac fly.

The way our hitters approach hitting the long ball at home changed when the temperature started to heat up in the cell.

Our offense has struggled since the first game of the Cubs series. Look at our hitting from that point on. We lost that series, then had problems hitting the tigers away. We won those games but it was a hard series. Then we got beat by the As. We beat up on the Tampa Bay devil rays pitching boosting our stats. Then we finished up the first half with a sweep at home by the As. We hit in one of those game in that series.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Aug 19, 2005 -> 09:26 PM)

I also feel that way, Pods won't fix all of our problems but s*** man having him at the top of the lineup makes me confident now. Right now that team is going out there just thinking they are going to do the best they can but with no confidence. I defintley have more confidence with Pods on the basepaths distracting the pitchers.

Again, Pods won't fix all of our problems but speed intimidates people and makes them do things they wouldn't do with someone slow or avg on the basepaths. A lot of the breaks the sox got in the first half were because they were actually playing smart.

QUOTE(daa84 @ Aug 19, 2005 -> 10:29 PM)
fathom i have to agree with you and i hate to say this, cuz i know how many people are gonna take offense to what i am about to say and slam me and call me probably everything from a pessimist to a cub-lover, but scott podsednik may be the most overrated player by the fans (by the fans key phrase)  ive seen on this team in a long long time

I just have to say, look at this team when Pods was healthy, versus when he was not. I feel there's a huge difference.

QUOTE(daa84 @ Aug 20, 2005 -> 03:29 AM)
fathom i have to agree with you and i hate to say this, cuz i know how many people are gonna take offense to what i am about to say and slam me and call me probably everything from a pessimist to a cub-lover, but scott podsednik may be the most overrated player by the fans (by the fans key phrase)  ive seen on this team in a long long time

Pods was exactly the type of player that Ozzieball is based on. However, besides Iguchi, there's no other players that really fit that mentality. However, it amazes me how we think of him as the reason we're losing right now. We're losing cause we're facing a lot better teams than we did earlier this year, and we're not getting lucky to win a few games. Our record against the top teams in the AL has been quite poor this season.

QUOTE(daa84 @ Aug 19, 2005 -> 10:29 PM)

White sox record since the last time pods played

0-5

White sox record before

74-40

Edited by ScottPodRulez22

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Aug 20, 2005 -> 03:31 AM)
I just have to say, look at this team when Pods was healthy, versus when he was not.  I feel there's a huge difference.

Look at the pitching numbers the first half of the season compared to the second half of the season. I think that's the biggest difference that has happened to this team.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Aug 19, 2005 -> 09:31 PM)
I just have to say, look at this team when Pods was healthy, versus when he was not.  I feel there's a huge difference.

Grease we hit 250 in April and May. We won because of overhwelming pitching. If it wasnt for our pitching having a BAA in the 220's in April and in the 250's in May.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 20, 2005 -> 03:33 AM)
Grease we hit 250 in April and May.  We won because of overhwelming pitching.  If it wasnt for our pitching having a BAA in the 220's in April and in the 250's in May.

It's scary how similar our thoughts have been tonight. Of course, that must mean we're both bad Sox fans.

QUOTE(ScottPodRulez22 @ Aug 19, 2005 -> 09:32 PM)
White sox record since the last time pods played

0-5

White sox record before

74-40

thats like saying we are a little league team and our best player is hurt and we cant win. this is a pro team. players need to step in and try and win with out there best player. just my two cents.

QUOTE(SouthSidePride05 @ Aug 20, 2005 -> 03:34 AM)
If Pods is overrated, then how do you explain how the Sox got off to their best start in 100 years and have been around 30 games over .500 for what seems like most of the summer.  How were they getting it done? Luck? Solo Homeruns?

Honestly it's a mystery to me, and I've watched every single game.

Pods was just a piece of the puzzle, and this team had an amazing ability to win games. Our pitching carried us to the amazing record, especially amazing seasons from Garland, Cotts, Politte, and Hermanson. Those guys have pitched so far over their heads this season, and it really boosted our record.

He had months to get a Bat. But he listened to Ozzie and the chemistry line.

Well we are beyond the waiver deadline and we got no help. Now he might get shutout because of this. I still keep going back to Soxfest when KW talked about saving money on Fas in the offseason was like putting money in the bank for the stretch run in June/July. It would give us flexibility. Geoff Blumm is not what I had in mind when he said that comment.

--good point southside, but you gotta admit at 36 games over .500 it didn't look like we needed too much. If Everett, Dye, Crede, Iggy, AJ, Paulie, et. all keep hitting like this we might blow the big division lead, but I still say we'll get back on track. I just wish Hermy would have not given up the ninth inn. homer; that woulda been nice to win since it's gonna be tough to snap our funk vs. New York.