Sox v. Yanks 8/19/05 Official Game Thread

bjm676

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 19, 2005 -> 09:47 PM)
I think the Timo hates are more pissed because of what Timo stands for right now:  the Sox organization doing nothing to improve their offense.  Timo shouldn't be leading off, no doubt about that.  Might as well have Rowand try leading off.  This lineup is going nowhere!  It's fine, now we can hear how it's our first 6 game losing streak, and how remarkable that is.

I realize that but why take one of our hottest hitters out of the lineup?

Trust me I hate Timo too for all those reason and im only defending him this week because he has showed me the only good this past week out of the white sox.

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(CWSOX45 @ Aug 20, 2005 -> 02:48 AM)
We make every reliever look like a healthy Erig Gagne, and Mariano River will always be Mariano Rivera.

It amazes me that these guys can't adjust on there own....

It's cause we have some of the dumbest hitters in baseball. Our approach at the plate is just awful. Everett keeps going to that shorten swing, yet he's swinging at any curveball in the dirt. Everett should be a number 6 hitter on a solid AL offense, not the number 3 hitter.

im going to say this right now. If the White Sox somehow come back and win this game, I will streak down my street tomorrow afternoon in broad daylight....(That's how confident I am in the White Sox chances of coming back right now)

CWSOX45

We saw it happen to the Nationals, there magical season and now they are struggling with the wild card. we may very well be seeing the same from these white sox. i think we were riding on some big time luck and now they dont got any. our pitching is supposed to shutout every game to win it seems.

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Aug 19, 2005 -> 09:50 PM)
2 runs in the last 26 innings.  f*** you Kenny Williams.  Got off your ass.

I know it's easy to get mad about it, but there's not a whole lot he can do right now. Waivers is the only option and it looks grimmer and grimmer every day.

QUOTE(ScottPodRulez22 @ Aug 20, 2005 -> 02:50 AM)
I realize that but why take one of our hottest hitters out of the lineup?

Trust me I hate Timo too for all those reason and im only defending him this week because he has showed me the only good this past week out of the white sox.

Hottest hitters? He's still like 8 for his last 40. He's been doing a better job, but there's still no reason to have him near the top of the lineup.

QUOTE(WilliamTell @ Aug 19, 2005 -> 09:51 PM)
I know it's easy to get mad about it, but there's not a whole lot he can do right now. Waivers is the only option and it looks grimmer and grimmer every day.

I know. I'm just completley frustrated.

Now it's a 9.5 game lead. Wouldn't be surprised if it were 5 or 6 on September 1st.

QUOTE(Ozzie Montana @ Aug 20, 2005 -> 02:51 AM)
We saw it happen to the Nationals, there magical season and now they are struggling with the wild card.  we may very well be seeing the same from these white sox.  i think we were riding on some big time luck and now they dont got any.  our pitching is supposed to shutout every game to win it seems.

Frank Robinson = NL Manager of the Year thru June

Ozzie Guillen = AL Manager of the Year thru July?

I hope not.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 19, 2005 -> 09:51 PM)
Good news, the Yanks are throwing Randy Johnson on Sunday!!!!  If we don't win tomorrow, we're looking at a very likely 9 game losing streak after facing RJ and Johan.  Is it safe to say the sky is falling?

No. You've been saying the sky is falling all year. I don't know how you could have possibly enjoyed anything the Sox have done up to this point.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 19, 2005 -> 08:51 PM)
Good news, the Yanks are throwing Randy Johnson on Sunday!!!!  If we don't win tomorrow, we're looking at a very likely 9 game losing streak after facing RJ and Johan.  Is it safe to say the sky is falling?

Thought it was Jaret Wright. Oh well. He'd probably even shut us down.

QUOTE(Sox Hustler @ Aug 19, 2005 -> 09:52 PM)
You know what sucks? When you think you need a break from watching baseball because you can't take the frustration then you do it anyway... thats me.

Right there with ya.

Why do we continue to torture ourselves?

QUOTE(Ozzie Montana @ Aug 19, 2005 -> 08:51 PM)
We saw it happen to the Nationals, there magical season and now they are struggling with the wild card.  we may very well be seeing the same from these white sox.  i think we were riding on some big time luck and now they dont got any.  our pitching is supposed to shutout every game to win it seems.

Well when your hitting is the worse in the league (easily) and your pitching is on a semi slump your not going to get many breaks. Especially when umps don't call anything close to the zone a strike unless its down the middle. I know I know don't blame the losing streak on the umps but you can't tell me that they've been fair either.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Aug 20, 2005 -> 02:53 AM)
No.  You've been saying the sky is falling all year.  I don't know how you could have possibly enjoyed anything the Sox have done up to this point.

No, I was saying that our luck wouldn't hold up for the entire year. I remember being criticized because I would say things like "I don't know how in the hell we won that game". Not once this year did I think we were as good as our record. Thankfully, we gave ourselves such a working margain that we could afford to having a prolonged slump, and still be in a good position to win the division.

QUOTE(WilliamTell @ Aug 19, 2005 -> 08:51 PM)

guys dont worry, im not afraid of rivera....we got murderers row coming up next inning after aaron......crede blum uribe timo who doesnt fear them, i mean i know 3 or mayeb all 4 wouldnt play at all on any average team, but they are clutch and play great defense!

This umpire has been inconsistent where he's calling strikes but he hasnt given Mussina everything either. He's looked down at the ump too just like Jon. Atleast we continue to shut down this powerful offense so thats a good sign.

Edited by Ozzie Montana

Jesus christ guys were in a 5 game most likely its going to be a 6 game losing streak look at all of the other teams longest losing streak 6 games is probaly the average everyteam goes through this point sometime in a 162 game season and b****ing on a message baord is not going to change that.