Sox v. Yanks 8/19/05 Official Game Thread

bjm676

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(ScottPodRulez22 @ Aug 19, 2005 -> 10:01 PM)
as said 9.5 game lead 29 games over .500

I like your positive thinking, but right now I think it's impossible to feel good about this team. I remember when losing 3 in a row was terrible, losing 6 in a row is hard to think of a word.

QUOTE(Soxfest @ Aug 20, 2005 -> 03:01 AM)
we cannot catch a break f***

Come on, we're not exactly talking about an amazing play. Hawk is sounding desperate when he gets upset that a pitcher knocks down a ball right back at him, especially on a play that Cano possibly could have made.

QUOTE(ScottPodRulez22 @ Aug 19, 2005 -> 08:59 PM)
Still we have a 9.5 game lead were 29 games over .500 look at the bright side of things.

We were up on the twinks by 16.5 last week and 15 on the injuns. So dont sneeze becaues we could be only 5 games up by next week.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 20, 2005 -> 03:05 AM)
We were up on the twinks by 16.5 last week and 15 on the injuns.  So dont sneeze becaues we could be only 5 games up by next week.

Yeah, I'm wondering how long people will still act like they're not worried about the Indians and Twins. The Indians and Twins have had no problems coming back in games lately, while we must be batting like .050 after the 7th inning.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Aug 19, 2005 -> 08:59 PM)
We couldn't beat Tampa Bay right now, much less the Yankees or Boston.

We couldn't even beat KC right now!! They're SP's would make our hitters look like s***.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 19, 2005 -> 10:05 PM)
We were up on the twinks by 16.5 last week and 15 on the injuns.  So dont sneeze becaues we could be only 5 games up by next week.

Don't worry. Ozzie won't let this team go on an extended losing streak.

I remember everyone making comments about how it doesnt matter that our offense isnt great because our OOBER pitching would shut out the other team, while our offense would beat up on medicore pitching of the playoff teams.

Well guess what our offense is so bad that any medicore pitcher can look like Cy Young.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 19, 2005 -> 09:06 PM)
Yeah, I'm wondering how long people will still act like they're not worried about the Indians and Twins.  The Indians and Twins have had no problems coming back in games lately, while we must be batting like .050 after the 7th inning.

Well the thing is with that is that we haven't been facing mediocre bullpens so to speak. A lot of our success has come out in the late innings, right now if we don't get it done early were done.

I'm still waiting for someone to make an argument on why we even think we can beat good teams right now? It doesn't matter if the other team has bad pitching, we can't hit anyone. Also, even if our pitchers pitch a great game, they're likely going to give up 2 or 3 runs. Thus, we just can't hang with these good teams when the offensive talent is so bad. Should a team with Timo, Blum, Crede, and Uribe really even have a chance against a team like the Yankees or Red Sox?

QUOTE(Sox Hustler @ Aug 19, 2005 -> 10:08 PM)
Well the thing is with that is that we haven't been facing mediocre bullpens so to speak. A lot of our success has come out in the late innings, right now if we don't get it done early were done.

Problem is every potential playoff team has a damn good bullpen.

QUOTE(Sox Hustler @ Aug 20, 2005 -> 03:08 AM)

Holy s***, thank you. I made that point about a month ago, saying how we had to pick our game up. Some people tried to convince me that the Yanks and Red Sox had terrible bullpens. We won a ton of games early in this season by beating up on bad bullpens. We had to win like 5 games against KC (and Sisco) because of their bullpen.