BMAC instead of Adkins

The Ginger Kid

This point might already have been made, so I apologize in advance, but I'm still wondering why Adkins got the call instead of BMac. Wouldn't it have made better sense to work him into games from the bullpen by this time of year? He can also work long relief and seems much more effective than Adkins.

I don't know the answer, just wondering if anyone had some insight on this.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Aug 19, 2005 -> 04:40 PM)
They want Brandon to start every 5 days and get his innings.  As the 12th pitcher he could go weeks without pitching, and that would stunt his growth.

I could see this point if it were June or July, but don't you think he's gotten in the work he needs and should start seeing some ML hitters? That and the fact that he seems to have worked out the arm angle problem.

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Aug 19, 2005 -> 11:48 PM)
I could see this point if it were June or July, but don't you think he's gotten in the work he needs and should start seeing some ML hitters? That and the fact that he seems to have worked out the arm angle problem.

He'll probably be up here once Charlotte season ends... assuming it ends sometime in September.