ozzie what are you doing

daa84

ozzie what the hell. we had a day off yesterday. paul konerko has 30 home runs. scott podsednik is already not in the lineup. so no pods, today no pauly. the other day it was no iguchi. day before that no dye. last i checked, iguchi is ozzies MVP, konerko has the best numbers on the team, and dye is the best of the rest. seems logical to me that during a losing streak we should have our best players on the field.....am i wrong? ozzie quit f***ing around. win some ball games. play your players. i dont know if he is trying to get guys rest cuz its the dogdays, but the fact remains that THEY HAD YESTERDAY TO REST

edit: in my mind i keep thinkign to myself "what are you doing. are you nuts?!? are you nuts?"

Edited by daa84

QUOTE(daa84 @ Aug 19, 2005 -> 10:13 PM)
ozzie what the hell. we had a day off yesterday. paul konerko has 30 home runs. scott podsednik is already not in the lineup. so no pods, today no pauly. the other day it was no iguchi. day before that no dye. last i checked, iguchi is ozzies MVP, konerko has the best numbers on the team, and dye is the best of the rest. seems logical to me that during a losing streak we should have our best players on the field.....am i wrong? ozzie quit f***ing around. win some ball games. play your players. i dont know if he is trying to get guys rest cuz its the dogdays, but the fact remains that THEY HAD YESTERDAY TO REST

Pauly had a problem with his back; he's day-to-day.

http://whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/ar...t=.jsp&c_id=cws

QUOTE(the People's Champ @ Aug 19, 2005 -> 09:16 PM)
go on a little losing streak, and all of a sudden everybody wants to cry "injured". Does this team even want to win the damn division.  Suck it up and play

i swear to god ozzie sits a guy if he breaks a nail. lets not forget ozzie sat jermaine dye for 4 goddamn games because of bug bites. BUG BITES! i dont care how nasty the infection was, there are guys who go out there and play through alot more than a topical skin infection from a bug bite. i know we dont want to risk players getting injured, but someone could stub his toe and be out a week.........................maybe im just too frustrated right now

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Aug 19, 2005 -> 09:19 PM)
Even if you don't count Paulie today, Ozzie has been manipulating the lineup way too much.  Why is always 2 or 3 guys per night?  It's stupid.

its always a day game too. every day game seems like widger plays along with ozuna. wtf ozzie. these are adults. countless numbers of other people have to go to work early every now and then too.

QUOTE(greg775 @ Aug 19, 2005 -> 09:38 PM)
daa don't judge the bug bite thing. WE here have no idea of how bad that was.

Trust the medical staff a bit, dude.

Cmon; get a grip.

You can't assume dye was a puss cause he didn't play with those bites.

i dont think dye was apuss. iirc he said he was ok to play and ozzie still sat him. i will conceed that i dont know the extent of it. i suppose in two weeks i could be glad we are resting guys than seeing them get hurt for the playoffs. its just frustrating at the moment.

Josh: Don't worry, Anderson will get his chance tomorrow against a lefthander ... Randy Johnson.

daa: Yes it's frustrating all right, no you don't look like a jackass, but Konerko is about the last guy who would beg off playing. It's almost always the player and Herm Schneider who go to Ozzie and say if they can or can't play. If you've ever had a messed up back, it is awfully tough to bend down and field grounders, let alone hit. Yes it's bad timing he's hurt now but a couple of days off is the best thing for him.

QUOTE(daa84 @ Aug 19, 2005 -> 10:19 PM)
i swear to god ozzie sits a guy if he breaks a nail. lets not forget ozzie sat jermaine dye for 4 goddamn games because of bug bites. BUG BITES! i dont care how nasty the infection was, there are guys who go out there and play through alot more than a topical skin infection from a bug bite. i know we dont want to risk players getting injured, but someone could stub his toe and be out a week.........................maybe im just too frustrated right now

Sox players are logging more innings that it seems. This is where the starts rank in the American League in innings played at his position. [DH is by games]. The outfielders are all lumped together so the rank is against 42 starting positons instead of 14 for everything else.

Rank Player

17-- Podsednik

5--- Rowand

20-- Dye

7--- Crede

7--- Uribe

5--- Iguchi

3--- Konerko

3--- Pierzynski

4--- Everett

They all play as many or more innings than the average American Leaguer at the same position.

QUOTE(TLAK @ Aug 20, 2005 -> 10:49 AM)
Sox players are logging more innings that it seems.  This is where the starts rank in the American League in innings played at his position.  [DH is by games]. The outfielders are all lumped together so the rank is against 42 starting positons instead of 14 for everything else.

Rank Player

17-- Podsednik

5--- Rowand

20-- Dye

7--- Crede

7--- Uribe

5--- Iguchi

3--- Konerko

3--- Pierzynski

4--- Everett

They all play as many or more innings than the average American Leaguer at the same position.

Good stat TLAK. So people should be less upset with Ozzie and more with our options on the bench. Ozzie isn't doing anything out of the norm.

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Aug 19, 2005 -> 10:19 PM)
Even if you don't count Paulie today, Ozzie has been manipulating the lineup way too much.  Why is always 2 or 3 guys per night?  It's stupid.

Do you have any clue what is going on in the lockerroom? You don't know that other guys have nagging injuries that are bothering them which Ozzie is trying to get rest for. You also have to realize that giving people days off can keep them fresh and help prevent minor strains and pulls that happen when the body gets too fatigued.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Aug 22, 2005 -> 01:22 AM)
Do you have any clue what is going on in the lockerroom?  You don't know that other guys have nagging injuries that are bothering them which Ozzie is trying to get rest for.  You also have to realize that giving people days off can keep them fresh and help prevent minor strains and pulls that happen when the body gets too fatigued.

Yep, lets just forget the fact he has a back injury, so he can keep playing every-day, hurt his back, and there ya go a DL spot for our hottest hitter (who mostly everyone hates here anyways because he's not CLUTCH enough).

Mac made a quick reference to this the other day on the radio. He compared it to during the Bulls winning runs, that in those days they would bench certain players with "injuries" so that they could rest for extended periods before the run in the very end of the season and the post. Maybe Reinsdorf is trying a similar thing with the Sox. Once the Indians pull to a distance of being a little too close maybe, we will see the Sox start playing like themselves. I know Ozzie said they weren't going to go to sleep in the end of the season, but maybe they are just grabbing a bit of a nap for a few minutes here.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Aug 21, 2005 -> 04:24 PM)
Thats the way I look at it Kid. Look at the Podsednik situation. If the Tribe was 3 back of us right now, Pods would not be on the DL, not a chance. The Sox should be rewarded with the way they played the 1st half, and they have been by getting a chance to rest guys (Podsednik, Gooch, AJ) more than normal because of that.

I agree with your view. The only problem is that it's not like we're just resting Pods for a few games. By putting him on the DL, there was nothing we could do to bring him back. I guarantee this: we never thought we'd slump this bad and have the Indians and the Twins make such a charge so soon.

QUOTE(daa84 @ Aug 19, 2005 -> 09:19 PM)

And if Dye etc. went out there and got injured for a long time, you'd all be saying Ozzie made the wrong decision for not sitting him. Christ, if Ozzie walked on water, I'm sure there would be some Soxtalkers b****ing about how he didn't swim.

And with the spider bites, Dye had to be hospitalized for them so it wasn't just "bug bites" as you put it.

And IIRC, Southsider or somebody posted a story that discussed how they were trying to clean out the pus etc. of the infected bites which showed that the bites were pretty serious. If he went out and played with them at the time, they would have gotten more infected and he would have missed more time. Add in the fact that he wouldn't be able to slide at the time (since they were where he'd come in contact with the ground on slides), I don't think a man with a bum leg that couldn't slide would be too effective in the lineup. But maybe that's just me being sane, logical and non-retarded here seeing the idea of resting certain players especially when they're too injured to play.

On Dye, he's REALLY got to pick it up soon. Only hitting .183 this month. Why? Well one reason is probably because he only has 2 walks this month. When he had his best months, he had BB's of 6, 8 and 7 respectively.

At least he's got a .881 OPS against lefties so far. He's one guy I really look to today who really has to perform well against The Big Unit today.

We may see the Widge today as well, considering he has a .823 OPS against lefties. Of course with Contreras pitching, you want AJ behind the mound, and A.J's been pretty good against lefties so far this year as well.

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Aug 21, 2005 -> 11:30 AM)
And if Dye etc. went out there and got injured for a long time, you'd all be saying Ozzie made the wrong decision for not sitting him.  Christ, if Ozzie walked on water, I'm sure there would be some Soxtalkers b****ing about how he didn't swim.

And with the spider bites, Dye had to be hospitalized for them so it wasn't just "bug bites" as you put it.

And IIRC, Southsider or somebody posted a story that discussed how they were trying to clean out the pus etc. of the infected bites which showed that the bites were pretty serious.  If he went out and played with them at the time, they would have gotten more infected and he would have missed more time.  Add in the fact that he wouldn't be able to slide at the time (since they were where he'd come in contact with the ground on slides), I don't think a man with a bum leg that couldn't slide would be too effective in the lineup.  But maybe that's just me being sane, logical and non-retarded here seeing the idea of resting certain players especially when they're too injured to play.

I see Tony posted the clip from Reiforts blog about the bites, so I don't have to elaborate on that anymore except to say if the infection spread through his body he could have died from it. I would say a few days on the bench would be worth it.

For all of the loud mouth know it alls that we have, I wonder how many go to the emergency room everytime they get an upset tummy?

Looks like things played out well on the predictions today. Dye was 2 for 4, Widger played and hit a 3 run homer, and did a good job catching Jose, Uribe at least moved up the order and was 1 for 3. In another thread I said Ozuna would prob lead off against RJ because of his lefty splits, and voila he goes 2 for 4.