Mark Bellhorn DFA'ed

CWSGuy406

I'd like to see the Sox pick him up. He's had a poor year this season, but he's a career .755 OPS, and is currently playing well below that. Plus, he's no stranger to a walk -- despite a .216 BA, he's got a .328 OBP.

At the very least, he's a "proven winner" and gotsss the ringzz (or ring) to prove it. :D

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 20, 2005 -> 03:29 AM)
Where would he play?  Seriously, he has no spot to play.  Also, I think he might be a product of the product, if you know what I mean?

Meh -- we wouldn't get him because of his power. He's hitting .216 yet has an OBP of .328. I'd take that over anything Ozuna or Timo brings to the table...

He's basically a better version of Geoff Blum. Worse defensively, better offensively.

Bellhorn could definitely help the sox with his OBP, and ability to take a lot of pitches. His #P/PA of 4.23 would be best on the team. PK's 4.17 is 3rd in the AL. the sox have had the most trouble just getting quality AB's, making pitchers work. If he hits .250, he should have an OBP of .360

The worst guys on the Sox for #P/ PA---Rowand, 3.52; Uribe, 3.56; Crede, 3.64

the best: PK, 4.17; Pods, 3.94; Dye, 3.94 and Iguchi, 3.82

Frank's #P/PA? 4.21

With Timo getting most of the AB's for Pods in LF [Anderson isn't a LFer] Anderson could go back to AAA and Bellhorn take his spot.

Seeing how playing rosters are set by Sept. 1st with guys on the 25 man and DL eligible [Pods stays there, Bellhorn could get all of Sept. for a trial run] it gives the sox some options.