GRRRRINDERBALL v. Yankees 8/20/05 Game Thread!

Cerbaho-WG

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(JimH @ Aug 20, 2005 -> 06:28 PM)
Yeah, that play last nite on the deflected grounder off Blum's glove ... brutal.

Wow, one good play, and that makes up for a ton of miscues over the last month or so. GMAFB, our defense has been awful overall for a while now. Outside of Rowand's D in NY, the defense has sucked lately.

QUOTE(maggsmaggs @ Aug 20, 2005 -> 01:27 PM)
Luckily I am leaving the house in 10 minutes, what the hell was Iguchi doing, catch the ball.

It's not Iguchi's fault. It's El Duque's error. Why didn't he go to third instead of 2nd? Man, we are really playing terribly right now. I'm afraid WSoxMatt is correct with the way we've been hitting! Damn!!!

You know what's scary! Don't even think about the playoff. We might not even make it now with the way we've been playing.

Wow, one good play, and that makes up for a ton of miscues over the last month or so.  GMAFB, our defense has been awful overall for a while now.  Outside of Rowand's D in NY, the defense has sucked lately.

I didn't say the defense has been great did I? Iguchi hasn't been that bad, calm down and quit looking at the dark side of everything, GMAFB with that.

QUOTE(S720 @ Aug 20, 2005 -> 12:30 PM)
It's not Iguchi's fault.  It's El Duque's error.  Why didn't he go to third instead of 2nd?  Man, we are really playing terribly right now.  I'm afraid WSoxMatt is correct with the way we've been hitting!  Damn!!!

You know what's scary!  Don't even think about the playoff.  We might not even make it now with the way we've been playing.

Orlando made the right play and throw. You are told to go to second and throw it to the bag. It was Iguchi's ball and his mistake.

QUOTE(S720 @ Aug 20, 2005 -> 06:30 PM)
It's not Iguchi's fault.  It's El Duque's error.  Why didn't he go to third instead of 2nd?  Man, we are really playing terribly right now.  I'm afraid WSoxMatt is correct with the way we've been hitting!  Damn!!!

You know what's scary!  Don't even think about the playoff.  We might not even make it now with the way we've been playing.

Why would you go to third? The routine play is the 1-6-3 or 1-4-3 DP. There was miscommunication between our 2b and SS, no other excuse is necessary.

QUOTE(JimH @ Aug 20, 2005 -> 06:31 PM)
I didn't say the defense has been great did I?  Iguchi hasn't been that bad, calm down and quit looking at the dark side of everything, GMAFB with that.

Dark side of everything? This team just flat out sucks now. I don't know how anyone can find a positive out of anything that's been going on. Thankfully, we have the great Ozzie Guillen to motivate this team and the great Kenny Williams to make sure he makes proper personnel moves.

Dark side of everything?  This team just flat out sucks now. I don't know how anyone can find a positive out of anything that's been going on.  Thankfully, we have the great Ozzie Guillen to motivate this team and the great Kenny Williams to make sure he makes proper personnel moves.

I also didn't say the team doesn't suck right now, it does.

But it doesn't surprise me that you can't find a positive out of anything that's been going on, jeezus. I sense you enjoy being miserable, I hope that's not the case.

QUOTE(Frank the Tank 35 @ Aug 20, 2005 -> 06:26 PM)
Your question has been answered

I am sorry to say that it has! I just hope this hapless bunch of stumblebums gets their do-do in order before we see a massive collapse and the Tribe and Twins are in the playoffs.