GRRRRINDERBALL v. Yankees 8/20/05 Game Thread!

Cerbaho-WG

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Duque, a guy with shoulder injuries all year, started this inning after already throwing 103 pitches. Honestly, what's there to gain by pitching him this inning? All week, Ozzie has left our starting pitchers in for one inning too long it seems.

QUOTE(Sox Hustler @ Aug 20, 2005 -> 07:42 PM)
How much longer do you guys think this losing streak will last because it seems like never right now. Then to think we got RJ tomorrow.  :headshake

yikes the big unit. thats a garunteed loss right there. Woah lose 8 in a row. well that eliminates one of the two 8 game winning streaks we had this year. Then off the Minnesota? We might lose 11 in a row. way to add to our team KW, and way to keep this team motivated Ozzie. You guys are pissing me off.

I just turned it off. Most pathetic display of a team I can remember seeing. Even years past, anything was better than what I've seen lately. I never turn games off, never. And don't even kid yourselves. It's not like the Sox can reel off an 8 game winning streak at this point... a 3 game winning streak would be impossible. Think about it. There's no way ANY team could win 3 games in a row with Timo Perez leading off let alone a team that can't hit for squat right now.

I can't remember when I've been this pissed off at a baseball game. Early in the year I'd get flustered when we'd lose 2 in a row because we had been doing so well. Naturally I was angered when we lost 3 in a row...then I became kinda blank and emotionless around the 4th and 5th losses. Now I'm just flat out pissed. I'll blame anybody and everybody. KW can't get the deals done. Maybe they deals were unbalanced... who would care now in hindsight? Take on all of KGJ's contract. Ozzie should start yelling and throwing things. At least that's what I'd do at this point, and I'm normally a very calm person. He was all firey when we were winning, but it seems like he's toned it down now that we're losing. Stop being the players' friend, they're sucking ass and you should be pointing it out. Fire Greg Walker already, almost everybody is hitting below their career averages. There are only 3 players hitting above their career averages and it's not by much... Widger, Ozuna, and Pods... wow our backup catcher, util infielder, and a guy who hits infield singles, BIG DEAL. Walker's washed up here. Bring back Walt!

Wow, we f***ing suck.

I will officially declare this season over if KW can't manage to bring in a legitimate offensive threat before the waiver deadline passes.

Sure, we'll probably still make the playoffs (I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't, though), but we'll be shown the door very quickly. We've gone to s*** faster than the Orioles did.

QUOTE(Frank the Tank 35 @ Aug 20, 2005 -> 08:07 PM)
That final series in Cleveland is looming larger and larger.

Why? The division will almost definitely be decided by that series. There are a lot more important games before that, starting with tomorrow.