GRRRRINDERBALL v. Yankees 8/20/05 Game Thread!

Cerbaho-WG

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Aug 20, 2005 -> 08:08 PM)
Wow, we f***ing suck.

I will officially declare this season over if KW can't manage to bring in a legitimate offensive threat before the waiver deadline passes.

Sure, we'll probably still make the playoffs (I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't, though), but we'll be shown the door very quickly.  We've gone to s*** faster than the Orioles did.

Good to see you back around here Milkman. I must say, what you told me last week couldn't have been more accurate. The problem is that right now, I'm not so sure how much one offensive addition would help. We have so many guys who are struggling. It's not like we're hitting into a lot of bad luck. We don't hit the ball hard, and don't know how to reach base via walk....translation= our offense sucks!

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is absolute horse s*** plain and simple. WTF are they doing? They can't the bunt down, the two out clutch hits have stopped, and they having been playing shady defense. If they keep this up my Clevelabd is going to get within four games of them. Not to mention after the Yankee series we have to play the Twins, who are on fire, then we have to go out west where we can't win a game. this team needs help, badly, we need another bat, someone who will actually strike fear into a pitcher. This is the most pissed off i have ever been at this team. i wouldn't be surprised if they didn't make it into the post-season. Also what the hell is up with getting doubled up ever time we have a chance to have a bifg inning? It is like a f***ing epidemic. I can' t watch this s*** anymore until I see we have won two games in a row i'm done. AND HAWK GRIFFEY CAN PLAY DH OR OUTFIELD, so shut up you senial old koot. I hate having to listen to this bull s*** every time you are on the damn air. joe Crede and juan uribe don't even give a damn they go up their hacking for the fences and end up poping it up tothe SS, its called going the opposite way. Come on get your head out of your ass and make an effort. And Ozzie why is Timo leading off, he is slow, he barely scored on that double in the gap a couple years ago. Stop favoring the latin players. We are the laughing stock of baseball next to the Royals. if they played us we would probably get our asses kicked. this terrible baseball and it reminds me alot of last years club between the end of July and the begining of october. This rant is over

GO SOX

Edited by soxman352000

QUOTE(whitesoxjr27 @ Aug 20, 2005 -> 08:12 PM)
it just seems fathom that this central lead can be 2 games in a heartbeat. that makes me sick. never thought it would come to this.

I know, I guess I was in the 1 pct minority that thought this division wasn't clinched. The thing is, it's not like we're playing well enough to even win games (besides the Twins 16 inning debacle). Our offense has a long way to go before we're even mediocre on offense. It's very possible that we lose something like 18 out of 20.

Look on the bright side, at least Hermanson is gettin some rest.. I didn't think we had enough pop to go far in the playoffs anyways; even with KGJ. one man is not going to save this team. Let's face it, without Konerko and Pods, we have very very little chance of winning any games..

Anyways, I think they picked a perfect time to slump. Just need to wait it out.. they'll come out of the slump eventually. Just in time to make a final run. (I hope!!) :pray

(first post - woo hoo!)

QUOTE(mooja @ Aug 20, 2005 -> 08:15 PM)
Look on the bright side, at least Hermanson is gettin some rest..  I didn't think we had enough pop to go far in the playoffs anyways; even with KGJ.  one man is not going to save this team. Let's face it, without Konerko and Pods, we have very very little chance of winning any games.. 

Anyways, I think they picked a perfect time to slump.  Just need to wait it out..  they'll come out of the slump eventually.  Just in time to make a final run. (I hope!!)  :pray

(first post - woo hoo!)

I hope you are right. Welcome to the board

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 20, 2005 -> 03:10 PM)
Good to see you back around here Milkman.  I must say, what you told me last week couldn't have been more accurate.  The problem is that right now, I'm not so sure how much one offensive addition would help.  We have so many guys who are struggling.  It's not like we're hitting into a lot of bad luck.  We don't hit the ball hard, and don't know how to reach base via walk....translation= our offense sucks!

Just look at our offense. If I were a halfway-talented pitcher, I'd love to face the likes of Joe Crede, Timo Perez, Juan Uribe, Geoff Blum, Jermaine Dye (right now), and Carl Everett.

Hell, I'm already beginning to resent Blum just because he represents what could have been but wasn't. We needed to get some real offense, and still do, but we came away with him. I can't be pissed at KW because he put together this team from nothing, but he'll end up failing in the end because this is a pathetic offense.

This year has gone from being so great to just sucking. We can't beat playoff-caliber teams. I, and I believe many others, know that we're going nowhere special. One and done, just like in 2000. It'll suck.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Aug 20, 2005 -> 08:17 PM)
This year has gone from being so great to just sucking.  We can't beat playoff-caliber teams.  I, and I believe many others, know that we're going nowhere special.  One and done, just like in 2000.  It'll suck.

At this point, making the playoffs is all I'm asking for. And I still can't believe that someone thought Crede's not the easiest out in baseball when he's slumping. The guy absolutely blows.

Oh my God with this board.

I think we have officially established the following:

- Our offense sucks

- Crede sucks

- Timo sucks worse

- our offense sucks

oh and

- our offense sucks.

Jim, there is good news...

The sun will rise in the morning.  :)

But seriously, this sucks.

Agree on all counts Keith.

There is no sugar coating this, they are in their worst stretch of the year by far and they need a jolt to come out of it.

They should really consider a personnel move, even if it's just shuffling the deck.

QUOTE(jackie hayes @ Aug 20, 2005 -> 08:20 PM)
I wasn't paying attention, then I just caught the end of the whole thing.  What did he do?

Threw his elbow out at Chacon when Chacon went to tag him. Definitely the type of play that will get someone hit because of it.

QUOTE(JimH @ Aug 20, 2005 -> 08:24 PM)
Agree on all counts Keith.

There is no sugar coating this, they are in their worst stretch of the year by far and they need a jolt to come out of it.

They should really consider a personnel move, even if it's just shuffling the deck.

JimH.....if you know that it sucks, why get mad at others who state in more detail what you're probably feeling?

QUOTE(mooja @ Aug 20, 2005 -> 01:15 PM)
Look on the bright side, at least Hermanson is gettin some rest..  I didn't think we had enough pop to go far in the playoffs anyways; even with KGJ.  one man is not going to save this team. Let's face it, without Konerko and Pods, we have very very little chance of winning any games.. 

Anyways, I think they picked a perfect time to slump.  Just need to wait it out..  they'll come out of the slump eventually.  Just in time to make a final run. (I hope!!)  :pray

(first post - woo hoo!)

welcome!

I think you're right, it beats slumping in September, but when or if this is ever going to end is the question...

:huh

just in case, I have a box ready to start compiling every ounce of Sox memorabilia I own, including the Thomas rookie card and the Ordonez rookie card, as well as the hat my dad bought me at Comiskey in '72. These will be ceremoniously burned on the front lawn while I stand with only my boxers on, waving a pistol in one hand a bottle of Jim Beam in the other firing wildly into the sky and screaming "Why God?? Why?????!!!!"

fortunately, I'm not there yet.