GRRRRINDERBALL v. Yankees 8/20/05 Game Thread!

Cerbaho-WG

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

42 games left I think, lots can happen ... both good and bad. It will be interesting.

I need to check how many games Minnesota and Cleveland have left vs. one another.

QUOTE(JimH @ Aug 20, 2005 -> 08:36 PM)
42 games left I think, lots can happen ... both good and bad.  It will be interesting.

I need to check how many games Minnesota and Cleveland have left vs. one another.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Aug 20, 2005 -> 03:35 PM)
Then stop watching, if you already know the outcome.  Do us all a favor.

Don't worry, I'll be going back to school on the 1st. I don't get the games out there, so I won't be able to watch any. You'll have to deal with me for a few more days, so get used to it.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Aug 20, 2005 -> 03:35 PM)
Then stop watching, if you already know the outcome.  Do us all a favor.

Exactly! :notworthy

If you know that's how it's going to turn out, what are you still here for? We get it, you don't believe this team's doing anything. Stop watching/following the Sox for the season, if you KNOW that's how the season's going to play out.

The good news is that Timo got his AB's and team chemistry is still intact.

And it's always fun to look back at the overjoyed Crede supporters when he had his one good month of the season. He's worthless.

PS: Carl Everett is not a #3 hitter.

Edited by Frankensteiner

Don't worry, I'll be going back to school on the 1st.  I don't get the games out there, so I won't be able to watch any.  You'll have to deal with me for a few more days, so get used to it.

Milkman, where do you go to school, Downer University?

I'm just kidding :)

QUOTE(JimH @ Aug 20, 2005 -> 03:52 PM)
Milkman, where do you go to school, Downer University?

I'm just kidding :)

:fyou

:P

I love being at school, but I'll kill myself if I have to watch the other Sox win the WS again. Seeing them win last year was like getting kicked in the balls repeatedly.

:fyou

:P

I love being at school, but I'll kill myself if I have to watch the other Sox win the WS again.  Seeing them win last year was like getting kicked in the balls repeatedly.

Yeah, you're right, that was tough, you must be out east. Not easy to be a White Sox fan there.

QUOTE(JimH @ Aug 20, 2005 -> 08:59 PM)
Without knowing all the factors involved, I would tend to agree with him.

If guys are clearly not getting the job done (ie Joe Crede), either sit their ass down, or find someone who can play 3b for him. The approach that so many of these players have is awful. That aspect, right or wrong, should fall on the shoulders of Greg Walker.

QUOTE(JimH @ Aug 20, 2005 -> 04:00 PM)
Yeah, you're right, that was tough, you must be out east.  Not easy to be a White Sox fan there.

I'm right in Sawks nation. I wanted to disappear for a week when they won the Series. Trust me, anyone would like the Yankees more than the Red Sox if they had to live there (but the opposite might be true if you lived in NY).

If guys are clearly not getting the job done (ie Joe Crede), either sit their ass down, or find someone who can play 3b for him.  The approach that so many of these players have is awful.  That aspect, right or wrong, should fall on the shoulders of Greg Walker.

Let's see ...

Bench Crede, ok. That puts Ozuna in there, no, you don't want that. Ok then, that puts Blum in there. So Blum is your 3B.

No, I think you need better players but it doesn't look like any are available.

So where are we now?

QUOTE(JimH @ Aug 20, 2005 -> 09:09 PM)
Let's see ...

Bench Crede, ok.  That puts Ozuna in there, no, you don't want that.  Ok then, that puts Blum in there.  So Blum is your 3B.

Blum has actually had some solid ABs lately, and it's not like Crede's defense has been so great that we're hurting ourselves by placing Blum at 3b. Without a doubt, I think Blum should be at 3b now. Crede is just flat out awful, and not even coming close to being a tough out at the plate.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 20, 2005 -> 02:56 PM)
Ozzie just said it's not his, Greg Walker or KW's fault they suck at the plate.

Ozzie said a week or so ago if they didn't win the division it would be his fault. Looks like he's windsocking. 8 year old kids could see this team needed more offense, but they didn't want to disrupt the "chemistry." I could have sworn we were told the Sox would avoid long losing streaks because of their pitching and newly "balanced" offense. In 5 games against the Yankees this season, 2 against Mussina, 2 against Chacon, and 1 against Small, they have scored a whopping 7 runs. That's not going to get it done. If for some reason the playoffs don't happen for this team, KW and Ozzie need to go. Using a line used when the Bulls dismissed Doug Collins, and the Sox canned Larry Himes, they don't appear to be the guys to get the Sox to point C.

BTW, according to Ozzie, the Timo botched play was just a hit-and-run, and had nothing to do with the butcher boy. Basically, Timo tried to get way too cute. I've never seen such a player with such minimal talent try to do so much. The sad thing is, if you go back in this gamethread, I was worried that he was going to try and do something cute and f*** up that situation.

BTW, according to Ozzie, the Timo botched play was just a hit-and-run, and had nothing to do with the butcher boy.  Basically, Timo tried to get way too cute.  I've never seen such a player with such minimal talent try to do so much.  The sad thing is, if you go back in this gamethread, I was worried that he was going to try and do something cute and f*** up that situation.

Wow, this is about the 10th time today where you've basically patted yourself on the back saying you called it.

QUOTE(JimH @ Aug 20, 2005 -> 10:04 PM)
Wow, this is about the 10th time today where you've basically patted yourself on the back saying you called it.

Well, if everyone is going to b**** at me when I'm wrong, I might as well tip the scale back to achieve equilibrium. The sad thing is that I wasn't try to say I was wrong. Rather, just how predictable things have become during our slump.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 20, 2005 -> 04:25 PM)
BTW, according to Ozzie, the Timo botched play was just a hit-and-run, and had nothing to do with the butcher boy.  Basically, Timo tried to get way too cute.  I've never seen such a player with such minimal talent try to do so much.  The sad thing is, if you go back in this gamethread, I was worried that he was going to try and do something cute and f*** up that situation.

How about we just call for a bunt and put two men in scoring position with one out.