GRRRRINDERBALL v. Yankees 8/20/05 Game Thread!

Cerbaho-WG

QUOTE(JimH @ Aug 20, 2005 -> 06:35 PM)
I also didn't say the team doesn't suck right now, it does.

But it doesn't surprise me that you can't find a positive out of anything that's been going on, jeezus.  I sense you enjoy being miserable, I hope that's not the case.

Thanks for telling me how I feel. Weren't you one of the people saying that Ozzie would never let this team go flat for an extended period, and that the division was locked up? JimH, I don't want to fight with you right now. I know a lot of people will take out their frustrations by ripping on people like myself and SSI. Lets just win some f***ing games.

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for telling me how I feel.  Weren't you one of the people saying that Ozzie would never let this team go flat for an extended period, and that the division was locked up?  JimH, I don't want to fight with you right now.  I know a lot of people will take out their frustrations by ripping on people like myself and SSI.  Lets just win some f***ing games.

I never told you how you feel, how would I know? It's pretty obvious to me is all, and I said so.

I don't recall saying that Ozzie would never let this team go flat for an extended period, but I guess one week of losses is an extended period. What I don't get is, you were this same way in April and May when they were winning all those games, which accounts for the 9 or whatever game lead they have now.

I guess it doesn't matter, and I agree with your last statement, about winning some games.

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Aug 20, 2005 -> 12:40 PM)
I can't help but believe that at some point the Sox are just going to get pissed off and say f*** this and start rapping the ball hard.

August 29th, they get their security blanket back.

Maybe when Pods returns, they'll magically remember how to play basic solid baseball.

Carl Everett is so far out in front of pitches, it's not even funny. Seriously, how can Ozzie justify keeping this same lineup? When you get very few offensive chances to score runs, you can't blow them trying to be cute cause your girlfriend is batting.

QUOTE(CWSOX45 @ Aug 20, 2005 -> 06:47 PM)
Watching this team is like watching a train wreck....it's so bad....i just cant help but watch.....

Lord make it stop...

CWSOX45

It will get better soon. We face Randy Johnson and Santana in our next two games.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 20, 2005 -> 12:44 PM)
Carl Everett is so far out in front of pitches, it's not even funny.  Seriously, how can Ozzie justify keeping this same lineup?  When you get very few offensive chances to score runs, you can't blow them trying to be cute cause your girlfriend is batting.

Honestly, though, what are Ozzie's options? The Sox don't have a deep or versatile bench at all.

QUOTE(The Critic @ Aug 20, 2005 -> 11:52 AM)
Honestly, though, what are Ozzie's options? The Sox don't have a deep or versatile bench at all.

exactly. Carl's just about on average for his career. I actually think the Sox will pull out of this on the road, not at home. More pressure at home.