GRRRRINDERBALL v. Yankees 8/20/05 Game Thread!

Cerbaho-WG

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Aug 20, 2005 -> 12:55 PM)
Boy, the Cubans pitch like s*** at the cell.

:angry:

I have the joy of seeing the other one pitch tomorrow. :banghead :angry:

Edited by robinventura23

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Aug 20, 2005 -> 06:54 PM)
exactly. Carl's just about on average for his career. I actually think the Sox will pull out of this on the road, not at home. More pressure at home.

If we have no options on the bench, then KW has failed us. It's been obvious for almost a month that our offense hit the wall. I can't believe that we did nothing to replace Frank's presence on the roster and had no back-up option for when we decided to proactively put Pods on the DL.

QUOTE(Ozzie Montana @ Aug 20, 2005 -> 07:02 PM)
he started out so good and look what happened. :angry:

He's facing a great lineup. Outside of the throwing error, he pitched pretty solid today. It's just pathetic that our offense is in one of the worst stretches in White Sox history.

QUOTE(CWSOX45 @ Aug 20, 2005 -> 11:50 AM)
I'm starting a White Sox Losing Streak therapy group...lol. PM me if you want in.

CWSOX45

i tried to give emotional insurance at 35:1...this is so freakin predictable it isn't even funny! & we have the bears to look forward too? they suck more than any other all because of the wilber marshall deal....! this will turnaround but the question is when? i say more cade mcnown & joe borchard....OMG

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 20, 2005 -> 12:57 PM)
If we have no options on the bench, then KW has failed us.  It's been obvious for almost a month that our offense hit the wall.  I can't believe that we did nothing to replace Frank's presence on the roster and had no back-up option for when we decided to proactively put Pods on the DL.

I wouldn't pin it 100% on KW.

The Sox as an organization have talked about how they like the makeup of this team, and how they wouldn't make a move just to make a move.

As soon as Frank went down, I think that was the time to become more aggressive trade-wise. It's much more difficult now to address the offense from outside the organization, regardless of "where would he play".

EDITED to add that "Where Would He Play?" ( with a picture of KG2 ) should be the new Sox t-shirt design.

Edited by The Critic

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 20, 2005 -> 01:03 PM)
He's facing a great lineup.  Outside of the throwing error, he pitched pretty solid today.  It's just pathetic that our offense is in one of the worst stretches in White Sox history.

You got that right. It is so bad right now, it's almost unexplainable.

QUOTE(The Critic @ Aug 20, 2005 -> 07:05 PM)
I wouldn't pin it 100% on KW.

The Sox as an organization have talked about how they like the makeup of this team, and how they wouldn't make a move just to make a move.

As soon as Frank went down, I think that was the time to become more aggressive trade-wise. It's much more difficult now to address the offense from outside the organization, regardless of "where would he play".

That falls on the shoulders of Ozzie and KW. There's no one else that can be criticized for the personnel we have on the field.

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Aug 20, 2005 -> 01:05 PM)
This is the last game I watch/listen to until they go on a 3 game winning streak.  That might be a while.  Guess I'll spend my time preparing for my fantasy football draft.

You'll have a lot of time to prepare. They have the Unit tomorrow. Santana on Tuesday and I think Silva Wednesday. Not to mention that kid Hernandez next weekend in Seattle. By that time, Cleveland will be sniffing around 6/7 behind us.