Blood Donor

Texsox

How often do you donate blood products?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. How often do you donate blood products?

• Never
    • 1-3 times
    • 4-10 times
    • >10 times

I usually donate when there's a blood drive (every two months or so at a church near my apartment). But I have bad veins and very low blood pressure, so often I'll get sent away with a bruise and no blood taken.

QUOTE(ChiSoxyGirl @ Aug 22, 2005 -> 08:54 AM)
I usually donate when there's a blood drive (every two months or so at a church near my apartment). But I have bad veins and very low blood pressure, so often I'll get sent away with a bruise and no blood taken.

I'm the same way and I don't really get why it is. I tried to donate every year or so, and my vein collapses or something and it takes 30 minutes to fill half a bag and they usually cut me loose and throw out the bag.

The last time I tried was 9/12/01. Waited along with everybody else for like 5 hours, finally got in, and exactly the same result. I just took up a spot for a half hour and they only got a half-bag that I'm sure they threw out. I got really frustrated, cursed my veins and haven't tried again. I honestly feel very guilty about not being able to be a regular doner.