Look at the bright side

BigSqwert

If we completely collapse and don't even make it to the playoffs we could finally have that big disastrous event that has the nation feel really sorry for us like the 69 Cubs or the curse of the Gambino. We'll become beloved nationally!

:banghead

IF the Sox gag away a 15 game division lead ( which I don't believe will happen, recent pathetic streak notwithstanding ), it would NOT be a cuddly, feel-good anything. It would be a shirt-burning, bag-wearing, shameful disgrace. The Sox need to suck it up and regroup, and I think they will.

QUOTE(The Critic @ Aug 20, 2005 -> 10:33 AM)
IF the Sox gag away a 15 game division lead ( which I don't believe will happen, recent pathetic streak notwithstanding ), it would NOT be a cuddly, feel-good anything. It would be a shirt-burning, bag-wearing, shameful disgrace. The Sox need to suck it up and regroup, and I think they will.

They blow this lead and the 13k that will be at the cell next year will be wearing this fashion is right.....

woman_with_paper_bag_over_her_head.jpg

QUOTE(greg775 @ Aug 20, 2005 -> 03:09 PM)
The Sox need to suck it up and regroup, and I think they will.

Me too.

We ain't gonna blow the 15 game lead.

If we do, well our franchise is history.

Well it will be bad, but not that bad. I think if they tank, KW will remember those big crowds of the summer of 05 and do his best to improve the team in the off season. KW is driven and has an ego. For all his early mistakes, and there were many he has worked hard to remold the team in a manner more suitable for Ozzie's style. I'm not going to rip him even if the team continues to tank, and I'm going to have faith that he'll be driven in the off season to pull a few rabbits out of the hat. Lord knows he has to with the boss he works for. Come on Jerry, you don't have to be like Steinbrenner, but open up the throttle a little. This is Chicago, not KC or Milw or Pgh.

QUOTE(Yossarian @ Aug 20, 2005 -> 09:26 PM)
Well it will be bad, but not that bad. I think if they tank, KW will remember those big crowds of the summer of 05 and do his best to improve the team in the off season. KW is driven and has an ego. For all his early mistakes, and there were many he has worked hard to remold the team in a manner more suitable for Ozzie's style. I'm not going to rip him even if the team continues to tank, and I'm going to have faith that he'll be driven in the off season to pull a few rabbits out of the hat. Lord knows he has to with the boss he works for. Come on Jerry, you don't have to be like Steinbrenner, but open up the throttle a little. This is Chicago, not KC or Milw or Pgh.

If we choke, KW won't have to worry about fielding a better team for the Sox.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 20, 2005 -> 03:27 PM)
If we choke, KW won't have to worry about fielding a better team for the Sox.

I don't think Reinsdorf will ever fire KW unless he does something really stupid or illegal. Reinsdorf is nothing if not loyal and he told Kenny's parents a long time ago that he'd take good care of their son. Look how long he stayed with Jerry Krause? If the Sox tank Kenny Williams will not get fired.

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Aug 20, 2005 -> 02:28 PM)
If we completely collapse and don't even make it to the playoffs we could finally have that big disastrous event that has the nation feel really sorry for us like the 69 Cubs or the curse of the Gambino.  We'll become beloved nationally!

:banghead

Did you just say...the curse of the GAMBINO?!?! what is this, the Sopranos? I think it should be Bambino. :lol:

QUOTE(Yossarian @ Aug 20, 2005 -> 03:33 PM)
I don't think Reinsdorf will ever fire KW unless he does something really stupid or illegal. Reinsdorf is nothing if not loyal and he told Kenny's parents a long time ago that he'd take good care of their son. Look how long he stayed with Jerry Krause? If the Sox tank Kenny Williams will not get fired.

Right! If you had a product and it was making money and your GM said I want to change it. Then your team is a the butt end of every joke,and the crowd are pissed off and dont come back. Are you kidding me?

I KNEWTHIS WAS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE....I MEAN SERIOUSLY KENNY MAKE SOME MOVE THIS IS s***...9 GAME LEAD AND THE COUNTDOWN BEGINS....NEW YORK AND RNDY JOHNSON 8...MINNESOTA FOR 3...SEATTLE'S GOT THAT GOOD PITCHER AND STILL HAS A GOOD OFFENSE...THEN TEXAS WHO HAS GIVEN US THE s***S...OR DO I MEAN FITS...NAHHHH s***S

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Aug 20, 2005 -> 11:10 AM)
Do people actually want us to fail?

There are some people on here would maybe not up front, but underneath it all would love to see the White Sox collapse because then they could run around screaming "I told you so". Heck a few people have already started. I swear many hear get more enjoyment out of I told you so, than they do out of watching a game of baseball that includes their favorite team.

For me it all comes down to a bad day of White Sox baseball, is still better than most anything else. The day I start to obsess about what went wrong, and what could go wrong, would be the day I quit watching it. It wouldn't be fun anymore, and that is what a spectator sport is supposed to be all about, enjoyment. Why watch the White Sox if it isn't any fun. Win or lose shouldn't matter, getting away from the stresses of your life for 3 hours is what should matter. Baseball is a game, and some people need to take that back into perspective. Its all about the love of the game for me, not the love of "I told you so".