Horrorfying Shots

elrockinMT

I saw this fiasco in Oakland over the ESPN Baseball Tonight highlights. I can't believe what I was seeing. A Pop up three run error! The ESPN crew says the White Soc can't field. Harold reynolds says he has been harping for three and a half years about the poor fielding by the Sox. Then we get highlights of all the double plays the Sox grounded into. Konerko and Ordonez being the most talked about. Bobby Valentine (you want him to manage the Sox?) says all the Sox run the same way...BARELY. Frank Thomas diving out of the way of another INSIDE called strike three. I thought maybe we had sunk to rock bottom losing to Seattle, but it was just muck adn we're trying to dig ourselves down deeper till we hit bedrock. The last four games our vaunted offense has scored 5 runs.

We keep waiting for tomorrow. I wonder if tomorrow might never come. This was horrendous.

He seems to say a ton of things that I'd agree with, so I believe he'd be my style of manager. I also think he's always got the best out of his clubs. Looking back I can't say there was a time when one of his clubs underachieved.

I could of said last years bunch, but look at what Howe has done with them. They are even worse and thats after adding Tom Glavine.

Hire Valentine?  Are you guys out of your minds?

they must be -

or they haven't looked up the actual records of JM and Valentine -

Valentine seems so hot because he is on tv and gets to make all these cool witty comments

the record still stands - JM's winning % is better

JM has a better % of getting into post season play

Valentine has never won a division title

Valentine has destroyed team after team he was on - which is why he was driven out of NY two years after going to the World Series

if being on tv and making smart ass comments was all that is needed to be a manager, then we could save a few bucks and hire any of the broadcast crew of Sox and Roll, no tv but better smart ass comments

Valetnine is just another re-tread who has managed for 15 years and never won a thing but got a tv gig because the good old boy network takes care of its own and smart mouthed failures make great ratings broadcasters in any sport - Valentine is nothing but the Jerry Glanville of MLB

should we hire some one new, lets hire some one on skills and abilities, not someone washed up who has a mouth one-tenth as witty as Don Cherry's and no other asset than that

They better cut prices, cause the walk up crowds are gonna suck

the rest of the way.

We have no offense and our pitching ain't so hot either.

HIRE VALENTINE

Something..... ANYTHING..... needs to be done and done now. This team is the goddamn laughing stock of baseball. NOT DETROIT! The White Sox. Everyone knew the Tigers, the DRays, the Brewers, et al would suck. Some sportswriters actually picked the White Sox to be a WS contender. :lol:

Yep..... the White Sox are the laughing stock of MLB.

Something..... ANYTHING..... needs to be done and done now.

Making the wrong move could damn us for seasons more.

(Not that we could tell from seasons past... :lol: )

We make a move, I want it not to be any more, but the right move.

However, what about this - waiving D Lo and hiring J Lo as manager -

she'll look better in the dugout and that qualifies as "any move" and her going out to argue with the umps would be fun to watch - :lol:

actually, I'm starting to like Ron Kittle.

the other day he was so honest when talking about the Sox. when doing highlights, he was calling bad pitches, bad swings and bad plays, he was just so freaking honest and had that good fire in him, yet he was relaxed.

I don't think Bobby Valentine is the answer either. He doesn't know that Buerhle and Colon pitch to Alomar. He was saying that Olivo is a young catcher and he and Buerhle aren't in sync yet, but after a few more games they will be. If you want to manage the Sox, and maybe he doesn't anyway, you got to know the players and the roles.

However, what about this - waiving D Lo and hiring J Lo as manager -

she'll look better in the dugout and that qualifies as "any move" and her going out to argue with the umps would be fun to watch -  :lol:

I'm not a big J Lo fan, but I think I'd become one real quick!

I'm liking this kittle idea.

CW - In regards to Valentine when I look at this teams, their isn't once that I can say his team underachieved and thats why I like him as a manager.

I can say JM's teams have underachieved. He's also had some over-achieve, but Valentine always gets the best out of his players.

Guest hotsoxchick1
actually, I'm starting to like Ron Kittle.

As manager or GM :huh: ? I'd rather have him as mgr since he has no GM experience. Isn't Kittle managing the Schaumburg Flyers too?

Interesting idea though Molto.

he is however in the front office as an operations type of guy...and he rather likes his role there.......i dont see him coming to the southside to do any kind of managing or coaching........hes pretty comfy where he is at......

CW - In regards to Valentine when I look at this teams, their isn't once that I can say his team underachieved and thats why I like him as a manager. 

find and identiify which season that Valentin managed, other than 2000 when we also made the playoffs but we did it as a division champion for which you want to trade what the Sox record was for what Valentine's record was

note in the AL he never finished higher than 3rd...

and note that JM's career % is better than Valentine's...

and if I really wanted to be silly, I would ask your favorite personal memories of each year of his career and how his teams over achieved -

1985 AL West Texas 129 53 76 .411 7

1986 AL West Texas 162 87 75 .537 2

1987 AL West Texas 162 75 87 .463 6

1988 AL West Texas 161 70 91 .435 6

1989 AL West Texas 162 83 79 .512 4

1990 AL West Texas 162 83 79 .512 3

1991 AL West Texas 162 85 77 .525 3

1992 AL West Texas 86 45 41 .523 4

1996 NL East NewYorkM 31 12 19 .387 4

1997 NL East NewYorkM 162 88 74 .543 3

1998 NL East NewYorkM 162 88 74 .543 2

1999 NL East NewYorkM 163 97 66 .595 2