Little League World Series

Vista, CA beat Owensboro, KY today 7-2. It was a pretty ordinary LL game with the exception of the performance by the Vista, CA pitcher, Kalen Pimentel.

His line was 6 IP, 4 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 2 BB, 18K

Not only did he record every out in the game by strikeout, but he only threw 17 balls the whole game! Eight of them went to the two batters that walked, so he threw only 9 other balls to 23 other hitters in 6 innings. He was painting the corners with a regularity I have never seen from a 12-yr old kid. Especially one that was consistently throwing 73-75mph until the end of the game. That is equivalent to 95-98 on a MLB field.

QUOTE(Rex Hudler @ Aug 20, 2005 -> 09:43 PM)
Vista, CA beat Owensboro, KY today 7-2.  It was a pretty ordinary LL game with the exception of the performance by the Vista, CA pitcher, Kalen Pimentel.

His line was 6 IP, 4 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 2 BB, 18K

Not only did he record every out in the game by strikeout, but he only threw 17 balls the whole game!  Eight of them went to the two batters that walked, so he threw only 9 other balls to 23 other hitters in 6 innings.  He was painting the corners with a regularity I have never seen from a 12-yr old kid.  Especially one that was consistently throwing 73-75mph until the end of the game.  That is equivalent to 95-98 on a MLB field.

So what you're saying is since he throws hard, the Sox will never draft him?

Did anyone see the kid from Saudi Arabia (even though they are all american, as their parents work for Oil companies)? He just turned 12 a month ago, is 6'5", and weighs 226 pounds. Also,

Canada is pitching real well right now.

The Little League World Series is one of my favorite times of the year, I love watching these games.

Who does everyone want to win? I wat Owensboro, since they are the Great Lakes team, even though they beat the Illinois team in the regional final. An Illinois team hasn't been there in forever. I'd also like to see Hawaii do well, since they rarely come to Williamsport.

QUOTE(He_Gawn @ Aug 21, 2005 -> 09:54 PM)
Cant believe Brownsburg didnt make it again. Oh yea, they are all grown up and domanating the HS phase now.

When I was 13 we played a practice game against a team from a Pony League on the other side of town. One of their pitchers had a full beard at 13. He was a lefty and he was GOOD!